15 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

Originally, I chose Free Worlds League as my icon due to my affiliations with them in another mecha based game, but as I thought through it I decided that it was premature to make such a choice. Also, I have some buddies that I used to play MechWarrior with as Mercs, but none of them seem to be as enthusiastic about things as I am...at least not so far. So, for the time being, I am content with being in the search for a new group.

MechWarrior is as much about team relationships as it is anything and you can't make decisions about things like that until you get to know people. I hope to get into BETA so I can develop some relationships and get to know some people better before game launch. It is difficult to get to know people only by reading their forum posts. Maybe a recruiting forum would help some? Maybe it's just too soon to have one? Maybe there are plans to add one? Having a recruiting forum is a good idea for a team based game.

So...for now...I am "No Icon."

#2 SaberShark

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

Kind of an... odd topic about personal preferences but whatever. I am merc corp icon because at the moment there aren't any clans in the game and I'll jump straight to their team as soon as they show up.

#3 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

I have no icon until I can stick my Merc Corp logo there.

#4 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostSaberShark, on 27 May 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Kind of an... odd topic about personal preferences but whatever. I am merc corp icon because at the moment there aren't any clans in the game and I'll jump straight to their team as soon as they show up.

Come on...live a little! It.s not like there is much else to do while waiting/hoping to get a BETA invite. :)

#5 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I´m a no icon because I haven´t decided yet which team I want to be on, I might go with Davion, but definitely not with Steiner.

#6 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 27 May 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Come on...live a little! It.s not like there is much else to do while waiting/hoping to get a BETA invite. :)

He's kinda got us there.

#7 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 27 May 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Originally, I chose Free Worlds League as my icon due to my affiliations with them in another mecha based game, but as I thought through it I decided that it was premature to make such a choice. Also, I have some buddies that I used to play MechWarrior with as Mercs, but none of them seem to be as enthusiastic about things as I am...at least not so far. So, for the time being, I am content with being in the search for a new group.

MechWarrior is as much about team relationships as it is anything and you can't make decisions about things like that until you get to know people. I hope to get into BETA so I can develop some relationships and get to know some people better before game launch. It is difficult to get to know people only by reading their forum posts. Maybe a recruiting forum would help some? Maybe it's just too soon to have one? Maybe there are plans to add one? Having a recruiting forum is a good idea for a team based game.

Come on.. for you there should be one obvious faction.. GrizzlyViking. :)

#8 Audit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm with house Kurita because Japanese history intrigues especially the ideal of Bushido. Also, it's a pretty strategic choice because they encounter clan tech rather early but don't get their **** absolutely pushed in like the FRR.

#9 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostAudit, on 27 May 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I'm with house Kurita because Japanese history intrigues especially the ideal of Bushido. Also, it's a pretty strategic choice because they encounter clan tech rather early but don't get their **** absolutely pushed in like the FRR.

We are here to fix that error on the authors part this time around!

#10 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 27 May 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Come on.. for you there should be one obvious faction.. GrizzlyViking. :)

That may be correct and the actual cause of all of my problems all of the time. heheheheh

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 27 May 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#11 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 27 May 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

...Maybe a recruiting forum would help some? Maybe it's just too soon to have one? Maybe there are plans to add one? Having a recruiting forum is a good idea for a team based game.

Seriously? 192 posts on the forums and you have never found the recruiting page? http://mwomercs.com/.../59-merc-corps/
Make sure you actually look around before posting something.

#12 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 27 May 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Seriously? 192 posts on the forums and you have never found the recruiting page? http://mwomercs.com/.../59-merc-corps/
Make sure you actually look around before posting something.

Maybe I am a bit confused, but I understood "Merc Corp Recruiting" to be for those looking to become Mercs. However, if someone posts there looking for a House faction they would, in fact, be "off topic." Just a minor point, but true nonetheless. What I am suggesting here is a general recruiting forum that can be used for recruiting by all. More competition usually produces better results, but maybe it's just safer to keep them separated in case of weakness. hehehehe

#13 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

You could join my super small Merc Corps, we can split it down the middle of one squadron a peice... a squadron thus far consists of one mech.

#14 Cold3y3s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Sure you don't want to be a merc? That way you don't need house loyalties and you get to have a cool sig.

#15 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostHawk3y394, on 28 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Sure you don't want to be a merc? That way you don't need house loyalties and you get to have a cool sig.

I am keeping my options open. I played Merc in MW3 and have nothing against playing Merc again. I am going to wait to get in-game learn a few things to be able to be of more benefit to a unit. I hope I can get into BETA so I can meet some people and develop some relationships. Those relationships developed on the feild of battle usually result in finding and/or creating a decent unit. I still have plenty of time.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 28 May 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#16 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

"No icon", cause the clan faction logos aren't available. If the devs bring some clan faction icons, i'll switch to the Smoke Jaguar icon, but i'll stay "incognito" for now...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users