Marik Mass Drop Last Night On Comstar

67 replies to this topic

#1 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

Mechwarriors,
Thanks so much for all of you that were able to join us for our Marik sponsored mass drops last night in Comstar. We had over 35 people syncing drops and had a great time. It was nice to meet some new people and I think everyone enjoyed dropping with lots of different new friends.

Look for us monday night on Comstar or NGNG. Please stop by and join us for some great fun and comradarie.

Thanks again,
Chili<MGA>

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

;) you were sync dropping! You Cads!
What would Thomas think? :)

#3 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I'm not sure advertising an organized pugstomp is the best way to advertise your house.

This might have been a little better with "8v8" or at least stating Syncing 8v8 drops...

#4 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

It was not an organized pug stop it was fun group syncing for everyone involved. If you would have been there you would understand. Drop by on our next drop and check it out. Also we were dropping conquest and going against other people in our TS channel so few if any "pugs" were "stomped" :)

Those who were there understand, I hope you will join us next time.

Chili<MGA>

#5 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

I assume you were using the 8 man queue? I'm sure we ran into some Marik types last night.

#6 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Not a single person was in a group. 35+ Individual players hit launch at the same time. If we happened to be in the same drop that was awsome! We were all on TS and enjoyed meeting new people and talking. There were no pre-organized groups just 35+ individual pilots hitting "go" at the same time.

Great fun and I hope you will try it with us next time.
Chili<MGA>

#7 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostChili, on 08 February 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Not a single person was in a group. 35+ Individual players hit launch at the same time. If we happened to be in the same drop that was awsome! We were all on TS and enjoyed meeting new people and talking. There were no pre-organized groups just 35+ individual pilots hitting "go" at the same time.

Great fun and I hope you will try it with us next time.
Chili<MGA>

sounds funny :)

#8 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

It was Funny! I hope you join us next time Adrienne!

#9 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Great times were had by all, thanks House Marik.

#10 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 February 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

;) you were sync dropping! You Cads!
What would Thomas think? :)

I think they are doing it right.

#11 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Not real Thomas Marik. Fake.

Wait, maybe. I forget what year Marik was swapped with a fake.

#12 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

View Postfil5000, on 08 February 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Not real Thomas Marik. Fake.

Wait, maybe. I forget what year Marik was swapped with a fake.

Somewhere between Joshua and Isis

Avalon City, New Avalon

Cruris March, Federated Commonwealth

1 January 3058

"Wait, there's more." Galen took a deep breath. "You remember, when the war started, you told me you wanted to duplicate the genetic tests Thomas was claiming proved the double was not his son?"
"Yes. And you gave me the results of the tests a week later."
Galen shook his head. "No, I gave you the result of some of the tests. They were the crucial ones, the father-son match. Lab techs, well, they're the sort of folks who operate in their own world. As far as they're concerned, **** retentive is not only hyphenated, it's capitalized and printed in bold italics."
"Obsessive are our lab people?"
"Even more so than you, sir."
Victor arched an eyebrow. "Is that possible?"
"Yes, but only because they have no life outside the lab and, therefore, no real understanding how important information can be. At seven PM today, while I was getting ready for your reception, the head of the genetic identification department dropped some files to me with a note saying he thought he'd sent them before, but had forgotten. They were the results of the rest of the blood tests.
"When Joshua originally came here, and throughout his time here, his family sent whole blood for use when he needed transfusions. The lab people used that blood to do the genetic testing. Not only did they test the double against the family, but they tested the real Joshua against his family. As expected, the real Joshua matched with his mother arid father, but he didn't match against Isis."
"Of course not, she was his half-sister."
"Highness, no match means no relationship. They're not brother and sister, at least, not blood relations."
Victor's head came up. "You mean Isis' mother was impregnated by someone else, then claimed her child was Thomas'? If I recall my history correctly, she was born about a month after the bomb attack on Thomas. She was proclaimed his daughter while ComStar had him stashed away being healed up."
"That's correct, but you're missing the point. At the time of Isis' birth, Thomas was believed dead. To prove paternity, Isis had a DNA identification done that matched her with blood taken from Thomas and held in case of medical emergencies."
"I know, I know, I've had plenty of liters taken from me for storage in hospitals in case I'm injured. So you're saying, then, that because there is no match between Isis and Joshua that Joshua isn't really Thomas' child?"
Even as he asked the question, the paradox struck him. "Wait, Joshua matched his father. Isis matched her father, but the two of them don't match. That means her father isn't his father."
Galen nodded slowly. "Which means Thomas Marik isn't Thomas Marik."
Victor's mouth went dry. "Everyone thought Thomas dead for eighteen months, then ComStar brought him back and set him up on the throne of the Free Worlds League. That was during Myndo Waterly's reign as Primus of ComStar. With her Thomas—whoever he really is—on the League throne, she could have directed a war that would have made the Inner Sphere over into some sort of a Blakean theocracy."
"But now she's dead and he still rules the League."
"And as her agent I would have imagined him embracing the Word of Blake, but he seems content to fend them off."
"And he's not repudiated ComStar entirely."
"Which means this Thomas has his own agenda and all the tools necessary to advance it."
Galen nodded his head. "Precisely, Highness." He held out his hand. "Can I have that drink now?"
"Please." Victor drained his snifter and held it out toward his friend. "I'll take a refill, then wait for you to get caught up. If this is the omen that marks 3058, it'll definitely be an interesting year."

#13 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

So in 8 years Victor figures it out and never acts on it. Then around 3068 Thomas Halas exposes himself because the real Thomas Marik is being a douche. so I have around 18 years to worry about that. :) Blake help us if we actually get to the Jihad era in MWO.

Edited by ThomasMarik, 08 February 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostChili, on 08 February 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

It was Funny! I hope you join us next time Adrienne!

Surprisingly, There were as Many Lyrans dropping as FWL players it seemed. Also The number of Blue v Purple drops had a few of us Lawmen wondering if the MM was purposely matching so many "like" factions on purpose.

The drops against your League were fun and I commend you for not forming 'teams' and then sync dropping. Nice to see some House Loyalty! :)

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 08 February 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

I think they are doing it right.

The Captain-General has spoken. :)

#16 TheMadPoet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I was wondering why so many games involved people calling out "Marik!" at the beginning of the match.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

And as I mentioned there were lots of Lyrans dropping too. So we were having a border clash! Quite fun fighting a rival house!

#18 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

We call these Chaos drops. They're great fun and usually used as a wind-down from larger 8-man drop operations.
We usually do four, one after another.
Nobody is grouped, but everyone is in the same TS channel.
First everyone takes a light mech, a trial mech if they don't have any of their own.
Everyone drops together, hilarity ensues as people fight a mixed "pug" match just to kill their friends.
After everyone is out of the drops we go to medium mechs, then heavy and assault.
Good times!

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

The Law calls these Shinanigans drops.

#20 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 08 February 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

I'm not sure advertising an organized pugstomp is the best way to advertise your house.

This might have been a little better with "8v8" or at least stating Syncing 8v8 drops...

Yeah thank you for spreading libel. We don't sync-drop to pugstomp. We sync LONE WOLVES TO HAVE FUN! Pugs are evenly split amog the players, there is no "stomping going on." Please edit your post.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users