#221 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostCodejack, on 12 February 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Better than the truth you keep on trying to feed me.

Yes, I know the truth is always hard to swallow. It must taste especially bitter since you aren't getting your way and might have to admit you are wrong. Either that or go throw a tantrum like a 2 year old. Actually, I suspect the later if you really want to know.

I'm beginning to think being added to your ignore list is the highest honor because I imagine I could have a very intelligent conversation with the folks there. At least they are capable of rubbing two brain cells together which is more than I have gotten out of your posts...

#222 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostWillie Sauerland, on 13 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Yes, I know the truth is always hard to swallow. It must taste especially bitter since you aren't getting your way and might have to admit you are wrong. Either that or go throw a tantrum like a 2 year old. Actually, I suspect the later if you really want to know.

Ah, so the fact that every poll shows that most people dislike the system mean nothing? Good to know.

What I want to know is why you are so invested in keeping it the way it is; you keep telling people to just adapt, why could you not adapt to it being a more reasonable piece of equipment? Is it perhaps that you really suck at this game but ECM reduces the factors that you have to keep track of down to a small enough number that you can keep track of them on your fingers?

View PostWillie Sauerland, on 13 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm beginning to think being added to your ignore list-

Done. Bye.

#223 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostShibas, on 13 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Changes to help balance and adjust ECM...

more changes to ECM

Ah, yes, so once you hit an ECM mech with the weapons that you can't hit ECM mechs with, you can hit them with the weapons that you can hit them with.... did you eat a lot of lead paint as a kid?

As well have been told numerous times that ECM, as well with other weapons/equipment, that balance is a continual thing and there may be constant adjustments from time to time.

Yes; I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when they get started.

Also, you never did say how YOU, providing a suggestion, would fix resolve this; thus the "suggestions" part of the forum.

You mean, more than a week after ECM came out? http://mwomercs.com/...ejacks-ecm-fix/

Or do you mean more recently? http://mwomercs.com/...ssiles-and-ecm/

#224 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostCodejack, on 13 February 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Ah, yes, so once you hit an ECM mech with the weapons that you can't hit ECM mechs with, you can hit them with the weapons that you can hit them with.... did you eat a lot of lead paint as a kid?

Hey now, he's not the designer - just reporting their idea. Go yell at Paul and team.

#225 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postfocuspark, on 13 February 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Hey now, he's not the designer - just reporting their idea. Go yell at Paul and team.

I do ;)

#226 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

You mean, more than a week after ECM came out? http://mwomercs.com/...ejacks-ecm-fix/

Or do you mean more recently? http://mwomercs.com/...ssiles-and-ecm/

"Ah yes" you mean the recent one that has the first page with people basically saying it doesn't need fixed and you counter that with "I said no whingers." I can only assume you chose to disregard any ideas that went against your rage againts ECM.

Also, to my surprise, you complain that nothing has been done, yet I linked a handful of changes that were made, as well as one you in particular mentioned, which was increase TAG range..and they did. It also paints a target under ECM in which allows people to target. So YAY! you're suggestions may or may not have helped to balance things.

So really, quit being mad about video games and keep making suggestions and not these terrible threads that ultimately end up in k-town for all to be mocked.

Frog Out.

#227 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostShibas, on 13 February 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

"Ah yes" you mean the recent one that has the first page with people basically saying it doesn't need fixed

Ooh, so all the polls showing that more people dislike ECM are less reliable than the FIRST PAGE of a thread that I started in gauging the opinion of the playerbase? I didn't know that I was so influential. Please, go tell the devs.

and you counter that with "I said no whingers." I can only assume you chose to disregard any ideas that went against your rage againts ECM.

Check again; it's actually turned into an interesting discussion.

Also, to my surprise, you complain that nothing has been done, yet I linked a handful of changes that were made, as well as one you in particular mentioned, which was increase TAG range..and they did.

I never mentioned increasing TAG range, it was about letting TAG work inside the bubble, at least for the mech carrying it.

It also paints a target under ECM in which allows people to target.

....unless you're inside the bubble, which was the very nature of the complaints.

So YAY! you're suggestions may or may not have helped to balance things.

Again, you seem to be giving me more credit than I deserve; I have been soundly ignored.

So really, quit being mad about video games and keep making suggestions and not these terrible threads that ultimately end up in k-town for all to be mocked.

"Ah yes," the best post I ever made; "Summon Bigger Fish and the Godzilla Threshold." Did you actually read it or just look at it and make up what you think I said, again?

Edited by Codejack, 13 February 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#228 blazarian

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:47 AM

Seems to be a troll. ECM is almost fine (needs proper counter or some use limit mechanic).

Ps. What's with the extra space before exclamation mark?

#229 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

View Postblazarian, on 14 February 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Seems to be a troll. ECM is almost fine (needs proper counter or some use limit mechanic).

Then there are more trolls than players:

http://mwomercs.com/...ture-aftermath/

800 votes, 55% dislike ECM, 28% like ECM. That's almost 2:1 against.

#230 blazarian

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostCodejack, on 14 February 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Then there are more trolls than players:

http://mwomercs.com/...ture-aftermath/

800 votes, 55% dislike ECM, 28% like ECM. That's almost 2:1 against.

The proper counter for ECM isn't in the game yet. It doesn't mean that ECM is broken, there just isn't the counter in the game yet (afair). Other thing to make ECM more balanced would be a cooldown and usage mechanic (for example: when activated it is on for X seconds, and then in cooldown Y seconds).

Edited by blazarian, 14 February 2013 - 06:02 AM.

#231 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 08 February 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

LOL It is called tactics, being aware of your surroundings. Not just tunnel vision straight ahead. Looking around and watching for movement. I really like ECM. Even if I die to a group of mechs in an ECM bubble. It is called superior tactics. It is not stealth, it is disrupting your sensors.

Keep aware of the world around you, and you are caught less off guard.

What if I'm a pug with absolutely no support for my team and I have no way to communicate where the enemy is at because they've ghosted completely off my radar, and half the weapons of my trial Trebuchet don't work because the ECM is blocking my LRM 15's from shooting? What if I know exactly where they are at visually, but have no way to tell via my radar to pass the info to my team, or even a target designator letter?

I could be the most hyper vigilant player in the world, and ECM would still make the game incredibly difficult for me, as a casual or new player.

#232 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I am starting to suspect that you may have eaten lead paint. It may explain your inability to aim your weapons, and insistence on ranting in a forum for which you want the game to die.

YOU can't hit a light ECM mech, that doesn't mean we can't. Ironically enough my last kill I made last night was in fact a 3L and I did kill it with PPCs.

You are either bad at this game or your rig is bad.

Again, you want this game to fail so the only reason I see that you are here is to spread misery and discord, to crap on the game as much as you can in hopes it dies. Why? Because you think some white knight is going to rush in a and magically make the game you like. Well the world doesn't work that way, go play the Tactics Beta.

And your polls are awful, and are a terrible sampling of the playerbase.

#233 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostDocBach, on 14 February 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

What if I'm a pug with absolutely no support for my team and I have no way to communicate where the enemy is at because they've ghosted completely off my radar, and half the weapons of my trial Trebuchet don't work because the ECM is blocking my LRM 15's from shooting? What if I know exactly where they are at visually, but have no way to tell via my radar to pass the info to my team, or even a target designator letter?

I could be the most hyper vigilant player in the world, and ECM would still make the game incredibly difficult for me, as a casual or new player.

I believe the proper response would be:

Paul Inouye said:

Adapt to it!

This is how we're greeting new players. I see this doing wonders for customer retention. /sarcasm
Perhaps we are just not thinking that far in advance yet?

Source: http://nogutsnogalax...-8-paul-inouye/

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 14 February 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#234 Darkblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 370 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

While I don't generally like the tone of the original post (too angry), I have to agree that the way ECM cloaks entire Lances is out of balance (and a bit illogical) right now (and the single proof I need of that is: it is now unthinkable to use a D-DC without ECM, in a balanced game no piece equipment is ever obligatory)

To cut off an enemy Mech INSIDE THE BUBBLE from his friends (he doesn't relay or receive radar data): OK
To make missile lock take longer: OK
To interfere with detailed target data: OK
To cloak Mechs from radar even when there is visual data and your team is outside the bubble: BAAAAD!

Mechs in the third century should be able to at least determine distance and bearing using visual sensors, and then transmit to his teammates (all this is going on outside ECMs range).

If nothing else, we could assume that the PILOTS are communicating enemy positions to each other, without PLAYERS needing to this manually (or verbally, for those using TS). After all typing this stuff is impossible and THERE IS NO VOICE SOLUTION IN GAME YET.

That, of course, would not solve the fact that ECM lights kick non-ECM lights little buttocks, but that is no fault of ECM (IMO) but of the fact that streaks only hit torso (and keep lock longer than they should).

#235 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

I was this game's biggest cheerleader until about a week after ECM came out when it became apparent that they had no intention of fixing it.

Getting warmer...

I ran a streakcat until ECM came out

(http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1564576)
(http://i.imgur.com/1TFgeGw.jpg)

This is why this guy is so bent out of shape.

tl; dr: streakcat pilot gets his noob tube taken away and demands 'balance' be restored, QQ at 11:00.

#236 Codejack

Dezgra

• 1,530 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 14 February 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Getting warmer...

(http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1564576)
(http://i.imgur.com/1TFgeGw.jpg)

This is why this guy is so bent out of shape.

tl; dr: streakcat pilot gets his noob tube taken away and demands 'balance' be restored, QQ at 11:00.

Nice selective quoting!

Prior to ECM coming out, I had played 3 Catapults, 1 Hunchback, 1 Raven (I **** you not!), 1 Jenner, 2 Cicadas (left me well placed to unlock master for the ECM model ;)), 1 Dragon and 1 Cataphract.

P.S. Anyone who died to a streakcat just sucked at the game; if you couldn't outrun it, you absolutely should have been able to outgun it, and it's not like the ears are hard to miss. My splatapult is much worse :wub:

#237 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Have to agree with Codejack here. Streakcats weren't so bad, they didn't require any skill, but they weren't so bad.

The new ECM (you can't see me or hit me) + Streak (but I can shoot you behind me due to my 360 targeting module) Ravens are a really PITA.

ECM is broken. Streaks are broken, less broken but still broken. LRM are broken as well, those less than ECM or Streaks.

Seems the devs have been making things seem less broken by adding more broken components. "What, you thought LRM were broken... no way, checkout Streak SRMs!" "Streaks aren't bad, checkout how bad we can mess up ECM!"

<sigh>

#238 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Nice selective quoting!

I included a link to the post it came from, this one, right below your quote so anyone can see for themselves whether it is taken out of context or not.

#239 RLBell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostRoughneck45, on 12 February 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

It is a lot harder to use LRMs now, and ECM is certainly an easier to use as a defense than it is to make LRMs work well.

I don't think the way they interact is a problem though.

Id rather see an LRM buff Than an ECM nerf. Faster missile speed would be good, so that you can take better advantage of the locks when they are available.

Or they could up the damage slightly, so that the salvos that do land have more significant impact.

Please, no. ECM is as bad as it is because of the power of LRM's. The only thing worse than opponents with ECM when your team has none is opponents with ECM and LRM's when your team has no ECM's

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users