• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostDer Kommissar, on 02 June 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

>Call someone a troll
>Reply to them anyway

You do realize it's possible for people to think you're degenerate manchildren without being trolls, right?

Yes but while we're entitled to our opinions that those who think of us as degenerate manchildren are probably uneducated, haven't watched the show, and are probably a wee bit over concerned about Gender identity (possibly stemming from/indicating some form of insecurity they have with the concept). We don't go to other peoples threads and call them degenerate manchildren, furries, etc.. etc... and we aren't generally abbrasive to them because of their opinions. We just sorta:
Posted Image
and leave them be most of the time.

However Going around and being abbrassive to people because one is not of the same opinion, group, or what have you to make yourself feel better or to get a rise out of someone that sir is called trolling. And that is what most of those people do. Legitimate Term is Legitimate.

consider the quote:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

-C.S. Lewis

perhaps one day everyone can get something out of it.

Edited by DarthLopez, 02 June 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#3204 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...out THERE

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Honestly, I would really like to know what people accomplish by coming in here and saying crap about us. I mean, seriously? What could you possibly hope to do? Anger me? Hurt my feelings? I'M ON THE INTERNET! THESE THINGS NO LONGER AFFECT ME!!

#3205 DarthLopez

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Also This
Posted Image

#3206 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Besides, nothing wrong with Furries, I love Anthro art :(

Posted Image

#3207 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

#3208 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostDer Kommissar, on 02 June 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

>Call someone a troll
>Reply to them anyway

Posted Image

You do realize it's possible for people to think you're degenerate manchildren without being trolls, right?

Some of us enjoy feeding the trolls. I know I do.

Posted Image

As for people thinking we're degenerate manchildren? Bah.

I'm sure this wouldn't be my job if I was a degenerate manchild:
Posted Image

Fun little factoid:
The Navy's Special Operations include SEALs, SWCC, EOD, Diver, and SARS (Search and Rescue Swimmers)

So essentially, considering a couple of my fellow swimmers enjoy the show as well, I'm pretty comfortable saying that military SPECOPS enjoy ponies too :(

Edited by Aresye, 02 June 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#3209 Okami Ryu

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

For the greater good (falls asleep)

#3210 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image
Much love and respect brother. My father raised me to respect others, and my mother to respect the military.

#3211 Alexander Fury

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada, So expect permanent winter camo.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostDarthLopez, on 02 June 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Yes but while we're entitled to our opinions that those who think of us as degenerate manchildren are probably uneducated, haven't watched the show, and are probably a wee bit over concerned about Gender identity (possibly stemming from/indicating some form of insecurity they have with the concept). We don't go to other peoples threads and call them degenerate manchildren, furries, etc.. etc... and we aren't generally abbrasive to them because of their opinions. We just sorta:
Posted Image
and leave them be most of the time.

However Going around and being abbrassive to people because one is not of the same opinion, group, or what have you to make yourself feel better or to get a rise out of someone that sir is called trolling. And that is what most of those people do. Legitimate Term is Legitimate.

consider the quote:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

-C.S. Lewis

perhaps one day everyone can get something out of it.

Nice, but C.S. Lewis was still a dork!

#3212 PirateLincoln

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 152 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, USA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

PONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONYPONY...

Sorry, I'm done.

#3213 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostSuicidal *****, on 02 June 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Because. Just because...

Posted Image
SHIELDWALL DASH!

So much win!

LOL, your name is even censored when used in a quote Suicidal 1diot! :(

Edited by Watchit, 02 June 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#3214 DarthLopez

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostAlexander Fury, on 02 June 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Nice, but C.S. Lewis was still a dork!

well played... well played... but were you prepared for this!
Posted Image

no no i thought not.. not many folks are prepared for a surprise muffin attack >>

Edited by DarthLopez, 02 June 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#3215 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

http://www.youtube.c...Y_BKuCzrU#t=27s

#3216 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Souske Sagara, 03 June 2012 - 04:02 AM.

#3217 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:25 AM

I can't believe this wasn't done yet.

Posted Image

#3218 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Before I continue to post ponyrelated things, I would like to say something that has been bothering me for a while:

Love, tolerance and friendship in honor, I don't think there's anything wrong with pony-merc-units... If you feel like bonding together over these things you're free to do so, and I'm going to be the last one to stop you!
I find it kinda interessting that we now have two merc-units based around all things pony, even though one of them thought it was necessary to hijack this topic for recruitment, but that's something that can be forgiven...

However, for the love of Cellestia and all things pony, stop pestering me with recruitment-messages or I swear I'm going to report it!
I jokingly replied to the first one, straight out deleted the second, and now I just got the third...
If I had any intention to join a pony-merc-unit, or any merc-unit for that matter, I would have done so long ago! We obviously enjoy the same things, but let me make one thing clear;
Should I ever decide to join a pony-merc-unit, it's not going to be the EQRG, because being that pushy is even more annoying than reading all the trollposts in this topic!

And now for the reason we're all here:
Posted Image

#3219 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

Posted Image

#3220 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:07 AM