Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cant believe i just read through all 168 pages of this

#3242 LincolnSmash

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostDarthLopez, on 03 June 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Of course it doesn't help that Game companies like nintendo and sony are confirmed to be immensely popular there, perhaps when we say gamer what we mean is the western concept of gamer/gaming is not so accepted there, after all our games don't do very good in japan. They also host the Tokyo Gameshow don't they? So it can't be that taboo to be a gamer in Japan if they host one of the biggest and increasingly important gaming conventions in the world. And their geeks do tend to be very public about being geeks from the stuff i've seen.

Our games don't do well there because there is a stigma created by early Western console games, which sucked horribly compared to our PC games, which most Japanese didn't have access to. "Western crap" is just a stupid cultural meme over there wrt Western games.

And actually, the TGS has been dropping off in size over the years and continues to get smaller as the "hardcore" game-otaku fandom becomes more insular and everyone else moves to casual type gaming -- Nintendo is included in there, since they focus on making more casual/family titles these days.

It's why you don't see many Japanese titles doing well over here, or as many localizations -- a lot of Japanese creators are more interested in pandering to a market of hardcore otaku than they are worldwide audiences.

Regardless, unless your specific occupation puts you in direct contact with other nerds, you don't go talking about your recent exploits in Persona or Monster Hunter.

Just my perspective. OH and it's like the only good cartoon on TV any more....

I wouldn't say that, exactly. Adventure Time has some of the same writers working on it as MLP, and Regular Show is pretty good. But it's still kind of hard to compare AT/RS with MLP because the intended demographic for each is pretty different different.

#3243 SheepsBane1q

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

For PONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3244 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

There is too much talk and not enough pony on this page! :P

Posted Image

ok, I feel better now :D

#3245 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostJaggar Boo, on 03 June 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

I can only assume most haters can't hit a 2in target from anywhere farther than a centimeter away.

Anyway, in relation to ponies, I now have a Navy Brony OC :D

Posted Image

#3246 Unit 05

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image

BE GONE, YOU SHALL NOT CORRUPT THIS GAME>

Edited by Unit 05, 03 June 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#3247 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostAresye, on 03 June 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I can only assume most haters can't hit a 2in target from anywhere farther than a centimeter away.

Nah I can hit ponies with that pistol about 20 feet or so. Not head shots, but good body shots. I use a rifle for anything longer than 25 feet.

View PostUnit 05, on 03 June 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

BE GONE, YOU SHALL NOT CORRUPT THIS GAME>

I am a furry and I still love this picture and the other one that he drew.

#3248 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

*sigh*

Time to post my OC then.

Posted Image

Posted Image
... plz like this so i can feel better about myself :D

-note that these are drawn on line paper, but painted with oil paint (terrible choice, i know)

Edited by Applejack, 03 June 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#3249 DarthLopez

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostLincolnSmash, on 03 June 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Our games don't do well there because there is a stigma created by early Western console games, which sucked horribly compared to our PC games, which most Japanese didn't have access to. "Western crap" is just a stupid cultural meme over there wrt Western games.

And actually, the TGS has been dropping off in size over the years and continues to get smaller as the "hardcore" game-otaku fandom becomes more insular and everyone else moves to casual type gaming -- Nintendo is included in there, since they focus on making more casual/family titles these days.

It's why you don't see many Japanese titles doing well over here, or as many localizations -- a lot of Japanese creators are more interested in pandering to a market of hardcore otaku than they are worldwide audiences.

Regardless, unless your specific occupation puts you in direct contact with other nerds, you don't go talking about your recent exploits in Persona or Monster Hunter.

makes enough sense, all i know is we're seeing more "big game news" coming out of TGS and Gamescon than e3 now a days (which is typically just a fancy show for every game we already knew was coming and the Kinnect the past few years.) I assumed that that mean the TGS was getting bigger (although most of the big news i've heard about comes out from gamescon typically or just over time.) Hopefully this E3 will be different and perhaps the other companies aside from nintendo will do something worth while.

But what you say about the gamin makes sense i suppose. I've never been there i just have 2nd hand info on it really.

I wouldn't say that, exactly. Adventure Time has some of the same writers working on it as MLP, and Regular Show is pretty good. But it's still kind of hard to compare AT/RS with MLP because the intended demographic for each is pretty different different.

I'm not a fan of the Regular show actually, adventure time sorta grows on you but both pale incomparisson to pony's art style which is amazing. I mean look
Posted Image
vs
Posted Image

while i can see the appeal in Adventure times art work, that of regular show's i just don't find good at all. I'm very persnickety about my cartoons artwork though. It's what got me into ponies, instead of the original Man bear pig a dog rex's that my sisters used to watch this generation actually had appealing looking fictional ponies who weren't creepy or going to eat my soul. But too each his own.

edit: aside from the art in Regular show, the voices too me just dont' sound good either. i get that's how the character is supposed to sound but everyone just sorta sounds... bleh.. no one really stands out on their voice except that blue bird Mordekai is it?

Edited by DarthLopez, 03 June 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#3250 FlakAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

Nope.

#3251 Unit 05

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image

Biggest bag of nope I can offer right about now.

#3252 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostUnit 05, on 03 June 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

Biggest bag of nope I can offer right about now.

This is the pic! I like it even tho I am a furry. Just because sometimes you need to burn them!

#3253 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

I find it fascinating that a children's Cartoon can cause such a reaction from supposedly "Mature" people. One would think if they were that mature they would just stay away from this thread and not a have to deal with it.

#3254 Unit 05

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostFabe, on 03 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

I find it fascinating that a children's Cartoon can cause such a reaction from supposedly "Mature" people. One would think if they were that mature they would just stay away from this thread and not a have to deal with it.

And I find it mindblowing that a person can call upon maturity when they boast about a 11 year old girls show at the age of 18 or older.

Edited by Unit 05, 03 June 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#3255 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostFabe, on 03 June 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ha you think I am mature!

#3256 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

#3257 GoastofSniper

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationOregon Coast

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Realy guys? 169 pages of little pony's WTH!

#3258 typhon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Between this and Erratic Cheese's appearance, we may as well say goodbye to the forums

#3259 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

The solution to hatred? ADDITIONAL PONIES!

Posted Image

Assault Mare-ine Rainbow Dash fighting another battle for the Emprah. Odd, how the wonderbolts and the Ultramarines have the same color scheme.

Posted Image

And some more fluttershy! Don't ask me how she works a three button mouse with a hoof, and it's best for everyone's sanity if we don't wonder how she types.

#3260 DarthLopez

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostUnit 05, on 03 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

And I find it mindblowing that a person can call upon maturity when they boast about a 11 year old girls show at the age of 18 or older.

i also find it funny that mature people can play table top games with tiny miniature figurines, and trading card games as well as subsequent video game spinoffs of various table tops/TCGs. It's amazing the things mature people can apparently like because it appeals to them in some form.

feeding aside More Ponies:
Posted Image

Edited by DarthLopez, 03 June 2012 - 10:29 PM.

66 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 66 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google