Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#4401 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'd love to see the only clan mech being a Balius... But I really don't ever see that happening. :(

#4402 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image

#4403 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

first an offering of my favorite non mane 6...Posted Image

Then a question, as the search feature seems to be non functional, before i plop down 60 bucks, basically just to have a special hunchback prime, i wanted to know what could possibly happen to said 60 buck mech... seems a bit of a waste if it in all probability just gets shoot out from under me or to prevent that, i never field the thing...so do you lose them forever if they get dropped?

#4404 Ruby Pinch

Rookie

• The Pest
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSugarcube Corner

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image
I want to get a founder pack, but I also kinda want to give the game a try so I know I will like it. That, and so I know my comp can run it. No matter how much I may want to spend on the game, it would be wasted on my part if I couldn't make use of anything :/

Now, Ponies can move 30-200mph depending on their level of fitness and species. They are also super strong. Cloud+ Pegasus + teams hauling ER medium lasers = ?

#4405 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 19 June 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

first an offering of my favorite non mane 6...Posted Image

Then a question, as the search feature seems to be non functional, before i plop down 60 bucks, basically just to have a special hunchback prime, i wanted to know what could possibly happen to said 60 buck mech... seems a bit of a waste if it in all probability just gets shoot out from under me or to prevent that, i never field the thing...so do you lose them forever if they get dropped?

As far as I know, you don't lose a mech if/when you get blasted into spare parts. Most likely what happens is it goes back to the hangar and you pay a repair bill to make it usable (at least, that's how it works in World of Tanks, which seems to be a similar free to play style for what the developers are going for). Of course, I may be totally off base and there may be no repair bill, etc; but I swear they said somewhere that they didn't want to include a salvage system (where you could salvage mechs you destroyed for weapons, etc.) because they didn't want to remove mechs/weapons from players that may have paid real money for those mechs.

#4406 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 19 June 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

We need them to understand, Why, They, Need, Ponies!

I. Love. This. Forum.

#4407 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

View Postkasai oni, on 19 June 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

As far as I know, you don't lose a mech if/when you get blasted into spare parts. Most likely what happens is it goes back to the hangar and you pay a repair bill to make it usable (at least, that's how it works in World of Tanks, which seems to be a similar free to play style for what the developers are going for). Of course, I may be totally off base and there may be no repair bill, etc; but I swear they said somewhere that they didn't want to include a salvage system (where you could salvage mechs you destroyed for weapons, etc.) because they didn't want to remove mechs/weapons from players that may have paid real money for those mechs.

That's kind of what i was thinking to,but couldn't find any mention or hints in that direction. it's just that i play EVE online too, and there's a way to purchase in game money indirectly in there too, which, by reverse logic allows you to figure out the real world value of your gear, when i ran the numbers, my time spent playing was equivalent to a little lower then minimum wage, and i know how up set i got over the loss of a 17 dollar equivalent ship, just 2 hours effort give or take some high end equipment ...60? nope, couldn't justify it.

thanks for the response, and i won't hold it against you one way or the other if it turns out differently, just good to know there was some mention of it some where,

#4408 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Posted Image

#4409 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Posted Image

#4410 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

I will be noodling on some MLP BT crossover fan fic over in the fan movement fiction forum here on MWO. The plan is to produce a page or two each day along with cropped images and the occasional video. The Parody Collage format is made possible by the abundance of MLP and BT art out there. In any case I will drop the occassional image here for your viewing pleasure.

Posted Image

I hope you enjoy the project as much as I do.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#4411 XV88 Broadside

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Y'know, I look at this map, and it feels wrong to me. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool and all, but I think the mane 6 are in the wrong places.

House Laio: I see Pinkie Pie there. Both are crazy, just Pinkie is crazy in a fun way
House Marik: Thinking Fluttershy. Not sure why but it feels right to me. Maybe because Thomas wanted to sit out the Clan wars
House Steiner: Rarity. Steiner is all about the money, and Rarity is all about the shinies
FRR: Rainbow Dash works there. Lots of gumption to start with, but about to get served a big helping of humble pie
House Kurita: Twilight Sparkle. Twi and Takashi both tend to be pretty obsessive
House Davion: Applejack works there. She has kind of a Davion feel to her.

Just a suggestion, mind you. Looking forward to the project!

#4412 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hon. XV88 Broadside;

I like your analysis of the personality types and the appropriate House. When I put the map together I was trying to collor cordinate the Ponies with the map. The story itself concerns a Trellisane expedition from the FWL. So the nationalities for the ponies weren't considered when I put the Pony Sphere together.

Thanks for the feedback.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#4413 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 19 June 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Hon. Mechwarriors;

I will be noodling on some MLP BT crossover fan fic over in the fan movement fiction forum here on MWO. The plan is to produce a page or two each day along with cropped images and the occasional video. The Parody Collage format is made possible by the abundance of MLP and BT art out there. In any case I will drop the occassional image here for your viewing pleasure.

http://i1159.photobu.../Ponysphere.jpg

I hope you enjoy the project as much as I do.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Imo, either the FWL or the CapCon should be pinky, since she's the most crazy.
Rarity for Coordinator!

#4414 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

The 2012 Myan Little Pony viel is get'n mighty thin.

Posted Image

I could not resist posting this when I found out about the sustained sprite phenomenon over the polls.

Derpfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: I should learn to stop posting on a whim just before bed, my spelling suffers for it. Pools rather than Poles, ugh.

Edited by Samaritan, 20 June 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#4415 Okami Ryu

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 18 June 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

All hail lord Cthulu(i know i didn't spell it right)

#4416 MysteryNotes

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostFury, on 01 November 2011 - 02:41 AM, said:

Ponies are the glue which holds the internet together these days.

Good idea.
I suggest killing all the ponies and boiling down their remains into glue.

#4417 Bambusbar

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTharkad, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

And - for the right musical background to that topic ..

My Little Pony meets Metal

Enjoy! :)

sry, for not checking 229 pages for checking if it has been already posted :D

Edited by Bambusbar, 20 June 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#4418 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:22 AM

Oh gawd, second post on the forums, and it's a post hating on ponies already.

#4419 Brezals

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

pony pony pony pony

Edited by Brezals, 20 June 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#4420 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

Since PSPP gets old, here's another track by All Levels at Once.
http://youtube/ISwaMSMUPDo

Edited by Applejack, 20 June 2012 - 03:53 AM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users