Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#4561 XV88 Broadside

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Y'know, I've been trying to figure out why we keep getting the occasional hater in a thread which is both clearly devastatingly popular and strangely out of the way. It's odd, right?

Except, I think I've worked it out, and it's brillant.

EVERYONE that posts in this thread is a brony.

Sounds crazy, right? But consider this: This thread has cleared over 200 pages. I don't think there are any other threads on this board that can even come close to making that claim. And a reasonable sized chunk of the posts in this thread are folks popping in to “hate” on ponies. Nothing motivates fans to action like someone trashing on their source of fandom.

So, clearly, the “haters” are trying to motivate the bronies so they will post moar stuff. It's an insidious plan, ingenious in its subtle complexity. Real haters wouldn't be helping to push the post count up.

Therefore, the “haters” must themselves be BRONIES! Secret Bronies who are trying to ensure that the obvious bronies in this thread continue to produce. And the wacky part is, its working. Every time a “hater” posts, they get a bunch in response.

Brilliant plan, fellows, absolutely brilliant. I stand in awe at your cunning.

#4562 Jeremy Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationWDS Alexander or Northwind. Take your pick

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostXV88 Broadside, on 23 June 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Y'know, I've been trying to figure out why we keep getting the occasional hater in a thread which is both clearly devastatingly popular and strangely out of the way. It's odd, right?

Sounds crazy, right? But consider this: This thread has cleared over 200 pages. I don't think there are any other threads on this board that can even come close to making that claim. And a reasonable sized chunk of the posts in this thread are folks popping in to “hate” on ponies. Nothing motivates fans to action like someone trashing on their source of fandom.

So, clearly, the “haters” are trying to motivate the bronies so they will post moar stuff. It's an insidious plan, ingenious in its subtle complexity. Real haters wouldn't be helping to push the post count up.

Therefore, the “haters” must themselves be BRONIES! Secret Bronies who are trying to ensure that the obvious bronies in this thread continue to produce. And the wacky part is, its working. Every time a “hater” posts, they get a bunch in response.

My mind was just blown.

Also.

Luna rules.

#4563 Roy Calbeck

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

Because I'm insane: http://www.fimfictio.../31399/PonyTech

Not sure if I'm going to continue with this, and fair warning as ponies aren't intended to actually show up until the following chapter. Twilight thought she spotted asteroids heading for the planet, Luna smacked 'em out of existence with the moon, but the prologue is entirely taken from the Taurian Concordat's view, where their "asteroids" are wiped out without warning.

...aaaaand I also write Fallout Equestria: New Pegas, so long as I'm plugging. >^>

#4564 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostHeadWar, on 23 June 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Kill it. Kill it with fire.

Sorry but fire will do nothing

(IMAGE REMOVED FOR OFFENSIVE CONTENT)

Edited by Mason Grimm, 01 July 2012 - 09:10 AM.
Really?

#4565 Charles Graywylfen

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostDredrik Salkon, on 22 June 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

why is this the biggest thread? it amazes me...

It is just so PONY!! That is why.

#4566 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostXV88 Broadside, on 23 June 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

^That, right there. That just blew my mind.

So in exchange.... this?
Posted Image

#4567 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Damn you! Why did you expose our brilliant plan. Now nobody will take ponies seriously!
you have to be eliminated, for the good of the herd.

#4568 Charles Graywylfen

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

I am new here and am shocked by the haters that come in here. OK I used to be a forum mod in a much larger MMO so I really am not surprized. I can, however, offer some advice from my experiences.

First just ignor them. I KNOW, I KNOW. That easier said than done. The truth is those clowns have no real talent for anything but Trolling since they are so hard to like. Even their parents are glad they go on line to bother other people.

Second, when you see them hit the report button and let the mods deal with them. Eventually the Mods will tire of them and banish them to a place where they can argue with themselves.

Now back to the topic.

I want a Fluttershy emblem on my Atlas just because it would be so wrong. But then I am a guy who puts a smiley face on the end of his polearm in the SCA.

#4569 Charles Graywylfen

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

If the trolling does get on your nerves, try my cure.

A good pipe of a mellow tobacco and a few shots of good scotch

#4570 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I give them the benefit of one post to see if they actually can be reasoned with, and otherwise just ignore them. They tend to go away within a post or two.

Here, have a pic of Fillydeplhia from the Equestria Softworks group
Posted Image

#4571 Roy Calbeck

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

And here's the cover from New Pegas.

Posted Image

#4572 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4573 Dierly

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationS.A, Australia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Id watch it if it were like that

#4574 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostApplejack, on 23 June 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

Removed.

xD
Don't you just love Rarity?

Edited by Ghost, 25 June 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#4575 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:13 AM

Posted Image

As a brony, MechWarrior, and musician.... I would pay good money if they made that Rarity hollow body. Or if a bass was made following Twilight's Les Paul

#4576 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

As a guy who failed miserably at learning the guitar I agree Fab.

#4577 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

I failed horribly at learning the guitar as well. I picked up on bass really well and really quickly though.

#4578 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

I seem to be ok with drums, my biggest issue is that I need sensativity in fingers for all the salvaging/rewiring I do with broken electronics, as well as for assembling and painting models. I want to say for drawing and calleography too, but I suck at one and haven't practiced the other in years.

#4579 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

I tried my best to learn guitar. I can do a few power chords, that's about it. I took pretty well to bass though. Ended up dropping the whole thing, I just don't have the free time to learn an instrument. :)

#4580 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostCaptain Fabulous, on 24 June 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

[SWEET GUITARS PICTURE]

As a brony, MechWarrior, and musician.... I would pay good money if they made that Rarity hollow body. Or if a bass was made following Twilight's Les Paul

I've been looking to get a new accoustic guitar. Can't say I'd mind an AJ one. :)

My electric already has some Twilight Sparkle going on. (If you can forgive a shoddy webcam.)
Posted Image

53 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users