Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#4801 Spite Malice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostLuke Garrad, on 03 July 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Rainbow dash is next to you, What Do.... XD

Push her arse out of the way. If RD is here that means there's a Pinkie Pie nearby in need of hugs.

#4802 Biplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 182 posts
  • LocationEllisburg, NY

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

There are a lot of words up there...

scootaloo.com what do we do?

Posted Image
Ah yes. Of course.

#4803 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostLuke Garrad, on 03 July 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

Rainbow dash is next to you, What Do.... XD

Write a story about fluttershy jacking cars.

#4804 Johannes Falkner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 442 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

@Sesamebrot, Jade Kitsune and other RE: RD sexuality

How can you get a real impression of RD's sexual orientation when we only rarely see the mane 6 interact with stallions? The only one of the mane 6 we can really say anything definitive about is Rarity and her Prince Blueblood aspirations. The others all seem to enjoy hanging out with friends and can just be less guarded in their interactions because there is no sexual tension in MLP. The absence of that judgmental typecasting pressure allows for more sororital love to be expressed without getting into sexual territory. In the end RD just reminds me of Michelle Rodriguez, the tough guy persona most of the time but still female and occasionally wanting to express that femininity.

Edited by Johannes Falkner, 03 July 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#4805 Spite Malice

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

View Postphinja, on 03 July 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

>pmur reh hsup ot tsuj ti gniod eb t'ndluow uoy gniylpmi
>yaw lauxes non a ni eiknip guh annaw uoy taht gniylpmi

Yes, I'm implying exactly that.

#4806 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 31 October 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

DEAR KERENSKY NOOO!!!!

Yes. This is the true reason why they left.

#4807 Fl3tcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

Your overthinking and over analysing what is and always will be a childrens cartoon series. Do you really think they would include such topics as homosexuality in a childrens cartoon? it would never air. For a start, it would never make it past the censors as childrens entertainment, no merchandise aimed at children would appear, such a show would be either shown primetime or aimed at a late night audience, especially as the main characters are ponys, which adds a whole new can of worms to the subject as far as sexualisation is concerned.

*Edited to remove content*

Ok, I retract my last comment as on rereading it several times it does come across as being somewhat harsh towards Kitsune from the standpoint that whilst the analysis of any situation can be good, To much analysis (and this is solely from my standpoint) can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

I have read all of Kitsunes posts, and they are both well written and well thought out. I don't agree with his arguments. I do enjoy MLP FiM, but in the context of what it appears to be for me. I may be getting old, and may be a little set in my ways, but I would not like people to think that I was attempting to force them to alter their views or not to voice them in the first place.

I offer my apologies to Kitsune, William and anyone else who found my previous comment disrespectful. I hope in good faith, you will accept them.

Edited by Fl3tcher, 03 July 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#4808 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Honestly? There's one portion of the equation here that is uniquely emotional vs. scientific.

Apparently, it takes honest-to-goodness love on both ends to produce offspring or a relationship of similar magnitude. See the end of Season 2 for a literal "power of love", but it's pretty darn obvious that in the pony-mind, you don't get hitched on the same team otherwise.

Then again, we're talking equines here. If they're biologically similar to non-talking ponies, we're not talking anything resembling human sexuality issues to begin with and "sisterherd" in various degrees is going to be very common considering the seriously skewed female:male ratios compared to most. Dash is just being the bossy "alpha mare" in her little herd- well, trying to but as we can see in "Mare Do Well", her herd is quite capable of cutting her down to size.

#4809 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostFl3tcher, on 03 July 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

I hate to break the magic, but outside of the context of the original none of these characters actually exist, so please, please, stop the analysing and watch and enjoy.

I agree that I enjoy not analyzing the show (or most of my entertainment, though there are a few exceptions), however I would like to point out one thing.

Kitsune has made it apparent that analyzing the show is something he enjoys doing.
By his conduct, I can conclude that discussing his alayses and comparing them with others' is also something he enjoys.
If you do not enjoy it as you seem to have made apparent, feel free to skip his posts, or if you must, put him on your ignore list.
What most humbly ask you to not do is ask him to cease doing something he enjoys that does not in any way harm you, or indeed, anyone else.

This thread has been long lacking significant discussion and I, for one, am happy to see it return, even if the topic is not in my favor.

Lastly, none of the characters in most fiction actually exist, and yet in the cases of classical literature, people have made their livings from analyzing and deconstructing them. =P

#4810 Fryulator

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:43 AM

Oh the inhumanity! Is nothing sacred to you savages? Why must you go out and wantonly maim and butcher? Is there no shred of civility left?

On a related note, this page needs more pony
Posted Image

#4811 Shadowmant

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

FOR PONY!

#4812 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

If I may.

As it has been stated, these character do not exist... however neither do those in Star Wars, Star Trek, SWAT KATZ, Gargoyals, Kim Possible, Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Serenity/Firefly, Ect Ect Ect. Yet it doesn't stop these kinds of discussions from croping up.

You continue to proport "These things cannot be in a children's show because it's for children and it would be shaping perceptions!" I'm here to call BS on that Sailor Moon is a classic example where there is homosexuality that's handled in a way that no one really cared about, Even the american dub of Uranus and Neptune being just 'cousions' only made their relationship feel more incestuious than it would have been if the dubbing team had just left the couple alone.

The fact of the matter is, guess who's WRITING these shows, Adults, and while they might not be intentionally putting these things in, they ARE being put in, is it intentional... no not really. But it still makes it in.

Do you think Literary greats such as Shakespear, Merry Shelly, and various others, ever expected their works to become the focus of intellectial discussion years down the line, or do you think they simply wrote a story, to write a story?

Never write off something just because it's "For Kids" Look at older shows like GEM and G.I.Joe and even original Transformers, there's some DARK storylines in these. We simply don't notice these things when we're kids, but now that we're older, we begin to see things within the shows that we didn't notice before, hell season 1 of the original My Little Pony was basically Dungeons and Dragons with pony's involved... there were dragons kidnapping and eating pony's! If that's not a bit dark, I don't know what is!

Bugs Bunny's been a classic character of debate, when we were kids, did we ever think it was a bit off that Bugs is dressing in drag, kissing Elmer Fudd? No we didn't care, but now stop and think about that NOW, now that you're an adult. [Also keep in mind, Loony Toons were ment to entertain adults when they were first created.]

Also it's simply wrong to say "the censor's would catch these things" No, no they won't they have been missing stuff for years, and will continue to do so. Some classic examples include the "*****" towers on the original Little Mermaid VHS cover... or even the priest sporting a ***** in the marriage scene. SEX spelled in the flowers in Lion King, Alladin talking dirty to Jasmine in ALLADIN. [it's the voice actors having some fun, you have to turn the vhs up really loud to hear it]

These things have been put in media for years, partially, so that adults sitting next to their kids watching this stuff can be entertained also, but it's also done with no intention at all, it just happens, because it's adults writing the storys.

So please, think a bit critically about your media... People went and shut their brains off at Michael Bay's Transformers films... and we got 3 of the most crappy films ever... why because people actually LAUGHED at Racial steriotypes, and Bumble Bee peeing on a guy...that's not funny, that's just sad.

Posted Image
Some Fus Roh Dawww for you

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 03 July 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#4813 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 03 July 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

Do you think Literary greats such as Shakespear, Merry Shelly, and various others, ever expected their works to become the focus of intellectial discussion years down the line, or do you think they simply wrote a story, to write a story?

::nitpick:: I don't think the person William Shakespeare actually wrote anything of significant literary worth for which we give him credit. <.< ...then again, that's a topic for another discussion.

Edited by William Petersen, 03 July 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#4814 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 03 July 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

::nitpick:: I don't think the person William Shakespeare actually wrote anything of significant literary worth for which we give him credit. <.< ...then again, that's a topic for another discussion.

You know what I ment... every high school english class ever has you read Shakespear, Still you do bring up a good point, and that is a topic for another discussion... perhaps I should have said "Edgar Allan Poe"

#4815 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 03 July 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

You know what I ment... every high school english class ever has you read Shakespear, Still you do bring up a good point, and that is a topic for another discussion... perhaps I should have said "Edgar Allan Poe"

I do know what you meant; I was just giving you a hard time. ^_~

#4816 Luke Garrad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 139 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom - Devon

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Did anyone cry manly tears at my little dashie? I sure did, And I'm not ashamed to have a heart.

If you haven't read or heard the amazing reading of the fanfic, here it is. (Hoping all of you have)
FanFic Reading Link <---- This one really well done with music in background to add that extra feeling.

Posted Image

#4817 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 03 July 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

*sigh* Alright I have two things to talk about here today it seems... First off, if I didn't enjoy deconstructing the scenes and all, I'd be very VERY crappy at what I'd like to do in life, which is Filmmaking. [might I add, that there is a hint of scientific method that goes into being a film maker, no mister "Boom" Bay doesn't count in this.] And science has always caught my interest. So perhaps that's part of where I find enjoyment getting "down and dirty" so to speak with my analizations of this show. And others.

As for when you may need to critically debate something like this, alot of times, within the fandom. Often to combat Headcanon that people are making uninformed assumptions of and have stated "I really dislike this episode for X reason" say that's your favorite episode, perhaps you can bring up points that make them re-evaluate the episode. Or perhaps you have a certern view, that's coming under fire within the community, you need to beable to back yourself up to remain credible within a fandom.

Now on to RBD's Sexuality. *breaks out the episode bible*
I'm going to attempt to avoid 'fanon' as much as possible, but if I do delve into it a bit, I'll try to explain my reasons for it.

Now you bring up some very, very good points Sesambrot, About how one could make the assumption that Dash is a lesbian, or you could even argue for her being Transgendered [two different things I assure you, but you could make the leap] so I'm going to split this into two things, gender and sexuality.

Rainbow Dashes Gender: We've seen often enough that Dash does not enjoy being "Girly" she's pretty much stated that she dislikes girly stuff, ontop of this she's while, not the most masculine, she's into "Machismo" proving she's Awesome, proving she's better at sports, or flying, or what have you. She has a very Macho attitude towards loosing, and towards winning. While part of this is her external shell to hide her insecurities, one could delve into how she views herself from a gender perspective, It's possible she's gender fluid, slipping back and forth between feminine and masculine freely, as we HAVE seen her be a bit girly on occasion, without being forced to, she did enjoy her Gala dress once it was finished for instance. So I would argue, that gender wise, she's probably Gender Fluid, leaning towards Masculine tendencys. which COULD lead to more comfort as a Colt, but that would be up to her as an individual to decide.

Rainbow Dashes Sexuality: Now this is where things get interesting. I would personally argue that Rainbow Dash is atleast bisexual, with lesbian tendencys, Our first example of a relationship Dash was in would be Gilda, in "Griffon the Brush Off" The entire episode comes off as hanging out with her girlfriend from highschool. Gilda is Clearly, the older, butch of the two. What struck me as odd about the entire episode was how, protective Gilda was over Dash, she felt pinkie was trying to get in the way and kept trying to get her away so she could be alone with Rainbow Dash, There's the "Chant" the Jr Speedsters flightschool chant, that Gilda relents to reciting with Dash, that's the kind of thing you'd do for someone you love, not just a friend you hang out with [especially considering it's fairly embarassing] Also there's the "fight" at the end of the episode, that completely comes off as a lover's quarell. When Gilda is demanding that Dash follow, while Dash refuses, the entire thing comes off as a couples fight. Not close friends.

Now the next thing that kinda... as I said somewhat steps into fanon terrority, is the "Wing *****" Fans have made the observation that when a pegasus is 'excited' in whatever way, their wings extend. this has been dubbed the "wing *****" In "Over a Barrel" is where the term really came to fruit, when we see Dash standing in the crowd before the preformance, yet when she see's Pinkie Pie all dressed up, her wings extend, stay that way for the duration of the preformance, then return to her sides after. One could argue that seeing Pinkie all dressed up like that did "excite" Dash a bit. There's also some of Dashe's interactions with the Buffolo princess this episode, But that's of a lesser note.

One could also construe the event's of "Fall weather friends" as sexual tension between Applejack and Rainbow Dash. But that's a bit more of a streach for me, but mostly because any romantic tension that could be between AJ and Dash is already there with AJ and Rarity. Also Season 2 pushes Dash a bit further away from the main cast than Season 1... so it's unlikely anything would come up between AJ/Dash these days.

There's also the issue of her color pallet, which the rainbow is of course known as the symbol of the GLBTU community. But that's simply assigning her a role based on how she looks, and not how she acts.

Oh, I didn't mean to question your skills, and it is actually quite obvious from your posts that you like deconstructing things like that...
It just struck me as a typical trait of scientists... after all, I studied physics for three semesters, but the theoretical nature of it wasn't really my piece of cake, so I quit... I'm more into machines and gadgets anyway.

About the analisations themselves, it's just something that heavily reminds me of my schooldays (yeah I know I keep going back to that...), and something I didn't really enjoy in particular actually. I'm not really into deconstructing literature for myself, but I can actually get into it if there is someone to talk to about it. I'm not interessted enough to do it in my free time, but yet again curious enough to try if someone else brings it up...
What actually bothered me about your initial statement concerning those analisations was, that you made it sound like a duty to everyone who enjoys the show, or anything else for the matter. While I already agreed that it can be valuable, I just failed to see many examples where it might actually come in handy, but most importantly I don't see it as a mandatory thing to do. I'm satisfied with being able explain why I like something on a basic level, and then have people try it out for themselves and get their own oppinion on it. Showing an analisation to someone else, always strikes me as an attempt to convince him/her of my own oppinion, even though it may not be meant that way. In fact, I don't like doing that, and I think it's something everyone should keep in mind, because to me it's important that everyone else gets a chance to make up his own mind before being bombarded by someone else's oppinions.

As for RD:
I do realize that there's a huge difference between Lesbians and Transgendered, but it seems just as possible to me as I figured that the stereotype that is usually associated with homosexual women, also matches a dumbed down version of what "qualifies" a Transgender.

About the Gender:
Yes, she dislikes "girly" things (most of the time) and she often displays a macho-like-attitude, and maybe it's just me, but that doesn't strike me as something indicating a "gender-confusion" (sry, I lack a better word atm). It's yet again something that matches the stereotype I brought up, which you are often confronted with. However, I wen't to school with some girls that were somewhat like that, all of which were normal heterosexuals and had a boyfriend (I know, can't really prove personal experiences, but I don't really have anything else to draw from).
Now I said they were "somewhat" like that... To that, I wanna bring up something that struck me when reading Samaritain's post, half of which I didn't really get because I think he mixed some fanfic Ididn't read into it... anyway, for all of those characters, I think you can't really apply human standards when analising them. The reason I think so is, that their prominent character traits and emotions seem to be pretty exagerated, which isn't that uncommon in kids-cartoons, because it makes it easier for the kids to understand what a character or his reactions are about, but when you analise such a character while applying human standards, you get a profile that indicates serious psychological issues. Depression, angermanagement, just to name two which you brought up yourself.
With that in mind, the overly masculine personality/attitude of RD becomes less important in the discussion about her gender.
Not saying negligible, mind you.

About her sexuality:
I actually just rewatched to two episodes you mentioned...
Not because you mentioned them, but coincidentially I just watche "Fall weather friends" yesterday and to be perfectly honest, what you just said, also came to my mind as a possible way to look at it. About the episode with Gilda, it kinda makes sense...
However, I also think that the way you see those things heavily depends on your personal oppinion.
I always found that interpretations like that can be very dependend on the interpreter's own experiences, oppinions and mood. So while I would agree that even I had a certain impression when watching the "fall weather friends" episode yesterday, something like that never came to my mind when watching the episode with Gilda. While I think you could put it that way, to me it seemed more like those two belonged to the same clique "way back when", and gilda seems to think it's still like it used to be, just to find out it doesn't. If at all, I think that could at most be seen as Gilda having certain feelings towards RD, but throughout the whole episode RD herself always treats Gilda more like a good old friend rather than anything else. But it's not Gilda's sexuality we're discussing... :)
As for RD and AJ, as I said, that image came to my mind when I watched that episode yesterday, and I think it could be interpreted that way, then again, I'm not sure that idea didn't come up due to some freudian subconcious reactions caused by the phonecall from my GF right before I watched that episode, along with being reminded of RDs debated sexuality by looking at this topic.
Right now, it really seems far fetched... (Oh Freud, you're such a troll! :D )

I also have an idea how to explain certain behaviour that could make you think someone was lesbian.
The thing is I don't have the psycological skills to analise that properly and I don't know the person in question well enough.
Anyway, when I was studying physics, there was a girl/woman, actually rather beatiful studying as well. At first I could have sworn she was a lesbian, just due to the way she acted towards me and other guys, and generally what she liked and did. She also sometimes brought along a friend, and I can't explain it right, but she acted differently compared to other women towards men, in a way that made me think she was "different". Later I found out that friend of hers, was actually her best friend from elementary school, and she had never had a boyfriend before, and on top of that later had a crush on me.........
In the light of those circumstances and her lack of experience, the way she acted kind of made sense.
The point is there is also more to the way people behave than what might be appearent, and trying to make a judgement based on incomplete information can be dead wrong.

I'm not saying your interpretation of the "Gilda"-episode is invalid, but as I tried to point out, if you look at it from a slightly different perspective, and keep in mind possible "personality-exageration", you can come to a different conclusion.

Do you realize how awesome it is to discuss different interpretations of something without someone trying to tell you what the only valid interpretation is?!? I think you do, it's just so refreshing to see it can work differently when you're not in school anymore :D

Also, sry if my post got a little random towards the end, trying to do a few other important things and it's also getting late...

on a related not:
Posted Image

EDIT:
Rereading my post just now, I noticed that it gets rather confusing towards the end, due to some strange language, and seemingly switching back and forth between different wordings for some of the sentences.
Please excuse me for not correcting that right now, I'm too tired...

Also, I like having such discussions, but having to write all that on the internet takes me so long I usually waste all my free time... ...well, at least it keeps me from wasting my free time on less productive things... ;)

Edited by Sesambrot, 03 July 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#4818 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 03 July 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

*sigh* Alright I have two things to talk about here today it seems... First off, if I didn't enjoy deconstructing the scenes and all, I'd be very VERY crappy at what I'd like to do in life, which is Filmmaking. [might I add, that there is a hint of scientific method that goes into being a film maker, no mister "Boom" Bay doesn't count in this.] And science has always caught my interest. So perhaps that's part of where I find enjoyment getting "down and dirty" so to speak with my analizations of this show. And others.

As for when you may need to critically debate something like this, alot of times, within the fandom. Often to combat Headcanon that people are making uninformed assumptions of and have stated "I really dislike this episode for X reason" say that's your favorite episode, perhaps you can bring up points that make them re-evaluate the episode. Or perhaps you have a certern view, that's coming under fire within the community, you need to beable to back yourself up to remain credible within a fandom.

Now on to RBD's Sexuality. *breaks out the episode bible*
I'm going to attempt to avoid 'fanon' as much as possible, but if I do delve into it a bit, I'll try to explain my reasons for it.

Now you bring up some very, very good points Sesambrot, About how one could make the assumption that Dash is a lesbian, or you could even argue for her being Transgendered [two different things I assure you, but you could make the leap] so I'm going to split this into two things, gender and sexuality.

Rainbow Dashes Gender: We've seen often enough that Dash does not enjoy being "Girly" she's pretty much stated that she dislikes girly stuff, ontop of this she's while, not the most masculine, she's into "Machismo" proving she's Awesome, proving she's better at sports, or flying, or what have you. She has a very Macho attitude towards loosing, and towards winning. While part of this is her external shell to hide her insecurities, one could delve into how she views herself from a gender perspective, It's possible she's gender fluid, slipping back and forth between feminine and masculine freely, as we HAVE seen her be a bit girly on occasion, without being forced to, she did enjoy her Gala dress once it was finished for instance. So I would argue, that gender wise, she's probably Gender Fluid, leaning towards Masculine tendencys. which COULD lead to more comfort as a Colt, but that would be up to her as an individual to decide.

Rainbow Dashes Sexuality: Now this is where things get interesting. I would personally argue that Rainbow Dash is atleast bisexual, with lesbian tendencys, Our first example of a relationship Dash was in would be Gilda, in "Griffon the Brush Off" The entire episode comes off as hanging out with her girlfriend from highschool. Gilda is Clearly, the older, butch of the two. What struck me as odd about the entire episode was how, protective Gilda was over Dash, she felt pinkie was trying to get in the way and kept trying to get her away so she could be alone with Rainbow Dash, There's the "Chant" the Jr Speedsters flightschool chant, that Gilda relents to reciting with Dash, that's the kind of thing you'd do for someone you love, not just a friend you hang out with [especially considering it's fairly embarassing] Also there's the "fight" at the end of the episode, that completely comes off as a lover's quarell. When Gilda is demanding that Dash follow, while Dash refuses, the entire thing comes off as a couples fight. Not close friends.

Now the next thing that kinda... as I said somewhat steps into fanon terrority, is the "Wing *****" Fans have made the observation that when a pegasus is 'excited' in whatever way, their wings extend. this has been dubbed the "wing *****" In "Over a Barrel" is where the term really came to fruit, when we see Dash standing in the crowd before the preformance, yet when she see's Pinkie Pie all dressed up, her wings extend, stay that way for the duration of the preformance, then return to her sides after. One could argue that seeing Pinkie all dressed up like that did "excite" Dash a bit. There's also some of Dashe's interactions with the Buffolo princess this episode, But that's of a lesser note.

One could also construe the event's of "Fall weather friends" as sexual tension between Applejack and Rainbow Dash. But that's a bit more of a streach for me, but mostly because any romantic tension that could be between AJ and Dash is already there with AJ and Rarity. Also Season 2 pushes Dash a bit further away from the main cast than Season 1... so it's unlikely anything would come up between AJ/Dash these days.

There's also the issue of her color pallet, which the rainbow is of course known as the symbol of the GLBTU community. But that's simply assigning her a role based on how she looks, and not how she acts.

Posted Image

You used funnyjunk, you're fired.

View PostBiplane, on 03 July 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

There are a lot of words up there...

scootaloo.com what do we do?

Posted Image
Ah yes. Of course.

Truly the most useless of chickens.

#4819 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Loving it Sesa, absolutely loving it.

But yes,there are quite a few ways you could go into interperting these episodes... none of them are really, invalid I suppose, I just find it odd that, given what we've seen within the show, the 15% male population, ect That people are soo... squicky when it comes to lesbian relationships.

Equestria Daily did a poll about RBD's Sexuality. Let's face it, EQD is one of the biggest websites concerning MLP:FiM, and well frankly, sexuality of characters IS something that fans concern themselves with... http://www.equestria...bow-dashes.html

The majority settled on "Bi Sexual" With a narrow split between Straight and Lesbian, but Bi won out. Now, I would partially blame the fact that EVERYONE pairs Rainbow Dash with EVERYONE... the sheer amount of Twilight/Ranbow Dash fics astound me. [Granted Card Captor Sakura had a similar issue with Erol/Tomoyo fics... which made NO sense.and Sailor Moon had Usagi boning pretty much everyone so far as the fandom was concerned.] But this alone shows that alot of people are thinking about the sexuality of the characters. It's going to happen, Hell when there's been discussion about if Dora the Explorer should be deported... so why not the sexuality of pastel cartoon ponys? [Did I mention the Dora the Explorer thing was on NATIONAL NEWS?!]

View PostSporkosophy, on 03 July 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Truly the most useless of chickens.

Hey, she's got a scooter, nopony makes fun of scootaloo, she's got a scooter!

Posted Image

#4820 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Holy hell there are some MASSIVE walls of text. All about RD's sexuality? Really?

Well in hopes of lessening the ginormous amounts of text, here's a quick rundown of my experience at BronyCon:

Aside from hanging out the entire convention with nearly all the musicians the whole time, I also managed to get a picture with Lauren Faust and John de Lancie. Tara Strong did a sneak attack on the arms of all the military bronies with autographed Twilightlicious wrist bands (including me), saying something like, "You've been Twilightlicioused!"

Helped the performing musicians set up for Bronypalooza.

Partied live with Everfree Radio after the convention.

Hung out with Living Tombstone, Alex S, Jackle App, Mic the Microphone, d.Notive, Tarby, Omnipony, Interrobang Pie, Circuit Fry, Yaplap, and pretty much every single musician out there.

Hung out with the director and voice actresses behind the Epic Pie Time and Epic Wub Time series.

Roomed with Makkon, Tsyolin, and Stars in Autumn.

Gave out a few autographs to people who recognized me.

...and much more.

Surprisingly, there was almost no nightmare inducing outfits or creepy cosplayers there.

Bronypalooza made me realize that bronies can dance their freaking *** off (without being high or drunk).

John de Lancie and Tara Strong partying it up at Bronypalooza.

Overall satisfactory level: 99% (That 1% was for the heat on Friday)

As I said, yes, bronies do party hard! How hard?
This hard:

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users