#4821 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 03 July 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

Loving it Sesa, absolutely loving it.

But yes,there are quite a few ways you could go into interperting these episodes... none of them are really, invalid I suppose, I just find it odd that, given what we've seen within the show, the 15% male population, ect That people are soo... squicky when it comes to lesbian relationships.

Equestria Daily did a poll about RBD's Sexuality. Let's face it, EQD is one of the biggest websites concerning MLP:FiM, and well frankly, sexuality of characters IS something that fans concern themselves with... http://www.equestria...bow-dashes.html

The majority settled on "Bi Sexual" With a narrow split between Straight and Lesbian, but Bi won out. Now, I would partially blame the fact that EVERYONE pairs Rainbow Dash with EVERYONE... the sheer amount of Twilight/Ranbow Dash fics astound me. [Granted Card Captor Sakura had a similar issue with Erol/Tomoyo fics... which made NO sense.and Sailor Moon had Usagi boning pretty much everyone so far as the fandom was concerned.] But this alone shows that alot of people are thinking about the sexuality of the characters. It's going to happen, Hell when there's been discussion about if Dora the Explorer should be deported... so why not the sexuality of pastel cartoon ponys? [Did I mention the Dora the Explorer thing was on NATIONAL NEWS?!]

Hey, she's got a scooter, nopony makes fun of scootaloo, she's got a scooter!

Posted Image

I don't know if there's anything wrong with discussing the sexuality of "pastel ponies", but to a degree, I have to agree with the people who think it's strange... ..because, they are right, it's still a kids-cartoon...

View PostAresye, on 03 July 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Holy hell there are some MASSIVE walls of text. All about RD's sexuality? Really?

Well in hopes of lessening the ginormous amounts of text, here's a quick rundown of my experience at BronyCon:

Aside from hanging out the entire convention with nearly all the musicians the whole time, I also managed to get a picture with Lauren Faust and John de Lancie. Tara Strong did a sneak attack on the arms of all the military bronies with autographed Twilightlicious wrist bands (including me), saying something like, "You've been Twilightlicioused!"

Helped the performing musicians set up for Bronypalooza.

Partied live with Everfree Radio after the convention.

Hung out with Living Tombstone, Alex S, Jackle App, Mic the Microphone, d.Notive, Tarby, Omnipony, Interrobang Pie, Circuit Fry, Yaplap, and pretty much every single musician out there.

Hung out with the director and voice actresses behind the Epic Pie Time and Epic Wub Time series.

Roomed with Makkon, Tsyolin, and Stars in Autumn.

Gave out a few autographs to people who recognized me.

...and much more.

Surprisingly, there was almost no nightmare inducing outfits or creepy cosplayers there.

Bronypalooza made me realize that bronies can dance their freaking *** off (without being high or drunk).

John de Lancie and Tara Strong partying it up at Bronypalooza.

Overall satisfactory level: 99% (That 1% was for the heat on Friday)

As I said, yes, bronies do party hard! How hard?
This hard:

Sounds like much fun!
To bad I don't have anyone to go to Galacon with me, aside of the tickets being quite expensive...

Anyway, I'm tired...
gn8! ^^
Posted Image

Edited by Sesambrot, 03 July 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#4822 yngvef

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThe planet Bardu

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Despite things like this:
Posted Image

Dashies opinion of reading walls of text:

Post more ponies :)

Edited by yngvef, 03 July 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#4823 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hon. Aresye;

The discussion did seem to center around RBD and the fan base interpretation of barn doors, but I think the real subject driving the conversation was "How much credance can you put in the deliberate incorporation of subtle implications and gender role confusion associated with the MLP FIM charaters?" Jade Kitsune is studying to practice the trade of tv/movie directing, so she is trained to see techniques for conveying the messages in the shows. Good story boarding, logical internally consistant melieu Bible, and strong characterization are not the result of accidents, especially in animated works. So the brohaha is largely one of "My Gawds you can't seriously suggest such topics would be deliberately incorporated in a kids show?!" met with "It quacks, walks, and has all the right anatomy of duck... one can be forgiven for thinking it might be a duck even if the show doesn't come right out and say it."

In ancient times, the Greeks would practice social engineering through the plays and festivals of thier temples. The same levers of power exist today and are exercised in part through media like movies and TV. The Greeks would put you to death for missing a festival, but in our time we pay for the entertainment and the public education with property taxes and onerous interpretations of copyright legislation. MLP FIM is a gender role smashup that is not made easier to deal with on a pony body that is largely missing the strong gender dimorphism of the men and women they anthropomorphically stand in the place of. Just think of how many times bronys have thier manhood challenged and tell me there might not be some very clever edutainment conditioning at work here.

In any case the 15% male, 85% female incidence of characters in the Ponyverse has made for pure tragic gold for my fanfic dealing with the pony transhuman singularity. I find the conversation and the writing interesting, the more so because it can be done without dipping into immoral, or moral degeneracy in the process.

My two bits on the subject, hope it helps.

Posted Image

Why y'all so interested in barn doors any'whoo?

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 03 July 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#4824 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Cuz barn doors can lead to some really cute pics.

Posted Image

#4825 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think we need a separate thread for walls of text conversations so the rest of us can get back to ponies.
Posted Image

#4826 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

But it's all related to MLP Soske, and if we split off, people will start yelling about how 'the brony's arn't keeping to their alloted area!!!!!!"
Posted Image

#4827 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

pretty much Me whenever someone asks Me what I think about My job.

#4828 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

While I certainly enjoy a well turned pony pic as much as the next fellah, I came to this website for mechs rather than ponies. A forum like this works best with three to five paragraphs in pursuit of a point with a mech or pony orientation pic for emphasis related to said point. You tube videos and music work wonders in highlighting a post as well. Take these pony themed martial instrumentals for example.

or a nice pic like this:

Posted Image

These things coupled with some actual conversation make this thread worth reading through. A pony padle makes just about any conversation recursive proof, and is a neat way to while away the time befor MWO goes live.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#4829 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

For those of you who follow Tumblr's... I thought I'd toss a personal friend of mine's tumblr out there... go check out http://asktavi.tumblr.com/ for a fun, cute drawing style, and feel free to ask Octavia a question!

No this isn't tavi's artwork, but I thought I'd post some Octavia.
Posted Image

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 03 July 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#4830 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Octavia is best backround pony(after Luna^, of cause) !

Posted Image

#4831 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Posted Image
Rig Mac is disappoint.

#4832 Kampfer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

can we get these [EDIT] People who trolling the PONY! thread banned?

Edited by Helmer, 04 July 2012 - 03:35 AM.
Yes, yes we can.

#4833 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostKampfer, on 03 July 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

REDACTED POST

253ish pages says "lolnope". You obviously have not read through the thread or you would see the moderators don't take too kindly to intrusions by neigh-sayers to our little corner of the MW:O boards. <.<

#4834 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostGrayson Pryde, on 03 July 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Octavia is best backround pony(after Luna^, of cause) !

What! Luna a Background pony!! Blasphamy! lol

#4835 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostKampfer, on 03 July 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

REDACTED POST

Sounds like a job for gummy!

Posted Image

#4836 WhammyCannon

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Is there at least an Apocalypse Pony for me to cheer on? You know, like something one of the 4 horseman would ride. I think I could get behind that. :P

#4837 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostWhammyCannon, on 03 July 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Is there at least an Apocalypse Pony for me to cheer on? You know, like something one of the 4 horseman would ride. I think I could get behind that. :P

This close enough?

Posted Image

#4838 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I already posted My Little Death Giver, so...

#4839 Kristof Bowen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Time for musics.

Edited by Kristof Bowen, 03 July 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#4840 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

All this internet buzz finally convinced me to watch the show. It seems pretty good for a kids' show I guess. Not quite as good as Avatar: The Last Airbender or Sailor Moon or anything, but it's kind of fun. My favorite pony is probably Rainbow Dash, my least favorite is Luna, of course.

Anyway, which mechs do ya'll think the ponies would pilot? I think Rainbow Dash would probably be a Phoenix Hawk LAM (I kind of hope MWO gets LAMs down the line), Applejack maybe a Charger since it's good at kicking stuff, and I'm going to say an Ares for Big Mac (because it's big, get it?).

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users