Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#5041 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a little something for you to consider. I am just astounded by the amount of pony art online. Have a gander at a most unlikely crossover, the Spetsneighs.

Posted Image

Derpfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: The Russians dealt with Chernobyl with the Ruthless sacrifice of lives and a concrete blanket that bought them years to come up with a better solution.

Posted Image

This article shows that the much dreaded colapse of the fourth reactor at FUKushima is a certainty, which will likely compel the evacuation of Tokyo.

http://www.rense.com...al95/degra.html

The Plutonium and Cesium already bioacumlating in algae and Tuna threaten to place the entire pacific seafood harvesting industry in doubt for decades to come. That kind of hit to the carrying capacity of the planet is disastrous coming on the heels as it does with the drought and crop failures portended world wide this year.

A prayer or two on the subject would not be amiss.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 08 July 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#5042 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

remember guys:
Posted Image

#5043 Johannes Falkner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 442 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

How about a new challenge, which of the Mane 6 would you have leave the show as a regular cast member? How would you do it? Would you replace her? If so, how would you characterize the replacement?

#5044 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I would get rid of Rainbow dash, and replace her with Spike.

Posted Image

Edited by Watchit, 07 July 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#5045 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Dash... she's the only one that's really out of place in my opinion. I love Dashie, but she's the one of the mane 6 I'd be fine without.

#5046 Johannes Falkner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 442 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

I find it kind of funny that RD is the popular one to off. Though maybe it's just because nobody wants to have their car in ponyville and find the pegasus load on it right after washing. Just imagine torquing off Cloudsdale...

Personally, I would put Applejack out to pasture and bring in Applebloom as a foster sister of the re-mane-ing 5. Kind of like Sisterhooves Social with AJ and Sweetie Belle. Basically, I do not see a large story pool for AJ that cannot be easily transferred to the others. Business problems can affect Rarity and indirectly get Pinkie Pie via the Cakes. Sweetie Belle and Rarity already have some sister-sister dynamics that could be explored. Bringing in Applebloom keeps Granny and Big Mac in cicrculation and can bring more focus to the CMC for further development.

I would actually keep Rainbow for the simple reason that she is the counterbalance to Fluttershy. Also, if we off RD, what reason would we ever have to go to Cloudsdale? Fluttershy won't go there without a REALLY good reason, so you effectively eliminate 1/3 of Equestria from the show by getting rid of RD. Also, how many of Fluttershy's appearances are directly related to or caused by RD stories? Without RD, do you lose reasons to see Fluttershy?

#5047 Fryulator

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostSNobleJr, on 07 July 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Homosexuality is a dark theme? That line turned out a bit awkward, I think...

Anyway, I started to read PH a while ago, but dropped it after a few chapters. It wasn't bad, honestly, but it just didn't grab my attention like the original did. Since then I've spoiled myself on much of the plot via TV Tropes, and judging by that, my reaction would have been mixed had I kept reading, though the fic does seem to have its moments - I cracked up when I read about Blackjack's real name or about her reputation as "Queen Whiskey", for example.

The first 10 or so chapters felt like a chore slogging through them tbh, but after that, the author really seems to have found his writing legs and it takes off really well. I say do yourself a favor and read it anyways, even if you spoiled plot points. The writing itself is very fun (after the aforementioned chapters, that is). Especially the parts where she earns her "Queen Whiskey" reputation

#5048 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

I say Rarity and Sweetie Belle get in an industrial accident, and most of Belle is replaced by cyberneightics, making Sweetie Bot canon.

#5049 Valikdu

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5050 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostValikdu, on 08 July 2012 - 02:13 AM, said:

SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Posted Image

Posted Image

its so gooey, but not at all romantic.

#5051 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

Finally found some time again to work on my own pony...
All that debating eats up so much time! lol

Anyway, I made a blank version because I haven't decided what colors I should use.
Thinking about a greyish brown for the body and a mainly black mane with grey highlights/outlines, for the eyes, I wanna try to match them closely to my own ones, so blue-green-grey with a yellow shimmer close to the pupil, sounds kinda strange but that's what they happen to look like.

Posted Image

I also have the cutiemark ready, but unlike the body it's already vectorized, so I'm going to put it on his flank once the body is vectorized as well...
I'm gonna let you have a look though.
Posted Image

As always, feedback is appreciated!

On a side note, I still haven't come up with a name yet, I'm bad at picking names...
Ideas anyone?

Edited by Sesambrot, 08 July 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#5052 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

Well, for some constructive criticism.

The back of the neck should curve into the back, vs 2 separate lines.

The hooves themselves should be fairly wide at the bottom, vs the same size as the legs all the way down.

The crease on the back leg should be coming from the stomache/body line, vs the thigh line, at that particular angle.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

#5053 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image

#5054 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hon. Seasambot;

Is that your own ink work over erased charcoal sketching, or did you draw the image freestyle in one contiginous go
'
In any case that is more than good enough to put through the GIMP blinder and come out with some great original work.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5055 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostAresye, on 08 July 2012 - 07:03 AM, said:

Well, for some constructive criticism.

The back of the neck should curve into the back, vs 2 separate lines.

The hooves themselves should be fairly wide at the bottom, vs the same size as the legs all the way down.

The crease on the back leg should be coming from the stomache/body line, vs the thigh line, at that particular angle.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm currently looking at a few more pics for reference and am going to change a few things accordingly.
It is surprisingly hard to find good pictures of colts in the show. Probably not that surprising though, considered the low amount of screen-time they usually get...

View PostSamaritan, on 08 July 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Hon. Seasambot;

Is that your own ink work over erased charcoal sketching, or did you draw the image freestyle in one contiginous go
'
In any case that is more than good enough to put through the GIMP blinder and come out with some great original work.

Respectfully

Samaritan

I actually used the tutorials Aresye linked some time ago, and drew that in Photoshop using my graphics-tablet.
There are quite a few background-layers that I used for the general shape and proportions...

I hope I'll be able to draw such pictures a bit faster once I'm done with this one, because I'm trying a lot of different things in order to get this one right, trying to learn how to effectively use the tools provided by PS. I have quite a few ideas for pictures I wanna do once I have finalized this OC, until then I can use all the feedback I get, because I'm still pretty much learning how to properly use PS in the first place.

#5056 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

To Samaritan:

Yes, I'm aware that some people may not want to see homosexual content in fiction they peruse (even some who otherwise support LGBT rights, for the simple reason that seeing it in "action" doesn't interest them). I merely meant that listing it under "dark" themes unintentionally gave it more insulting implications than a differently-worded warning would have.

As for your religious arguments, let's just say that I couldn't disagree any more strongly with most of them, and leave it at that. I've already ripped into a condescending jerk recently, I don't want to start a religion vs. non-religion argument with a well-intentioned believer, too.

View PostFryulator, on 08 July 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

The first 10 or so chapters felt like a chore slogging through them tbh, but after that, the author really seems to have found his writing legs and it takes off really well. I say do yourself a favor and read it anyways, even if you spoiled plot points. The writing itself is very fun (after the aforementioned chapters, that is). Especially the parts where she earns her "Queen Whiskey" reputation

Well, I left out that I actually kept it on my to-read list, and may start it again if I happen to run out of other fics I'm interested in. Thanks for the clarified recommendation, I'll keep it in mind.

#5057 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostJohannes Falkner, on 07 July 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Personally, I would put Applejack out to pasture and bring in Applebloom as a foster sister of the re-mane-ing 5.

Brilliant!!! The puns have been doubled!

#5058 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hon. SNobleJr;

Thank you for the clarification and the consideration you displayed in your reply. I do not doubt that you, and many others, have dealt with the legalistic asceticism of moral degeneracy among the religiously motivated. A relationship with one's Creator should never be religious in nature. Religions porport to delineate the moral taboos and relative good one must adhere to in order to satisfy the standards of God. It is little wonder then that most adherants treat God like a Genie of the Lamp. Religion defines the parameters for making God a slave to one's lust for approbation. I can hardly fault a person for being offended by the childish and legalistic self righteousness expressed from this point of view.

I am not a religious man.

I am a Christian, and it saddens me to see so many claim the title in the practice of religion.

In recognition of the manfully stoic manner in which you have replied to my post, I present to you the Lil' Mcintosh "Straight Shooter" award for pony excellence.

Posted Image

Carefull now, that gun has some kick to it.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 08 July 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#5059 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hon. Watchit;

When rejoicing in the proliferation of pony punishment, it is traditional to use...

THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE IN THE THIRD PERSON AS WE HAVE DEMONSTRATED HERE! :)

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5060 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 07 July 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Dash... she's the only one that's really out of place in my opinion. I love Dashie, but she's the one of the mane 6 I'd be fine without.

Posted Image

RD is far too awesome to replace. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Why do I have a feeling this all goes back to the sexuality discussion...

View PostJohannes Falkner, on 07 July 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

I find it kind of funny that RD is the popular one to off. Though maybe it's just because nobody wants to have their car in ponyville and find the pegasus load on it right after washing. Just imagine torquing off Cloudsdale...

Personally, I would put Applejack out to pasture and bring in Applebloom as a foster sister of the re-mane-ing 5. Kind of like Sisterhooves Social with AJ and Sweetie Belle. Basically, I do not see a large story pool for AJ that cannot be easily transferred to the others. Business problems can affect Rarity and indirectly get Pinkie Pie via the Cakes. Sweetie Belle and Rarity already have some sister-sister dynamics that could be explored. Bringing in Applebloom keeps Granny and Big Mac in cicrculation and can bring more focus to the CMC for further development.

I would actually keep Rainbow for the simple reason that she is the counterbalance to Fluttershy. Also, if we off RD, what reason would we ever have to go to Cloudsdale? Fluttershy won't go there without a REALLY good reason, so you effectively eliminate 1/3 of Equestria from the show by getting rid of RD. Also, how many of Fluttershy's appearances are directly related to or caused by RD stories? Without RD, do you lose reasons to see Fluttershy?

Posted Image

Unacceptable as well. There is only one correct answer to this question and AJ finds your lack of faith disturbing. AJ replaced by applebloom lol... surely you jest...

I find it rather interesting that everyone's first instinct is to remove loyalty first followed by honesty...

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users