#5061 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

When it comes right down to it, the cast wouldn't feel right to remove ANY of them, but if I had to pick... well my pick still stands.

Let us hope we never have to actually make the choice.

Posted Image

#5062 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

when faced with this choice, i think i took a different approach then the rest of you, i decide who i would want to go, i decided based on which of them would want to go, and the only two that want to go rainbow dash and rarity, would you tell RD 'sorry you can't join the wonderbolts because i wouldn't be able to keep all your awesome to my self that way? i think not. or i know it's been you life long dream to be a famous designer, but unfortunately that would cut way to much into your contractually obligated hijinks and there for must not be allowed. as to who i would have replace one or the other....
Posted Image

#5063 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 08 July 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Thank you for the clarification and the consideration you displayed in your reply. I do not doubt that you, and many others, have dealt with the legalistic asceticism of moral degeneracy among the religiously motivated. A relationship with one's Creator should never be religious in nature. Religions porport to delineate the moral taboos and relative good one must adhere to in order to satisfy the standards of God. It is little wonder then that most adherants treat God like a Genie of the Lamp. Religion defines the parameters for making God a slave to one's lust for approbation. I can hardly fault a person for being offended by the childish and legalistic self righteousness expressed from this point of view.

I am not a religious man.

I am a Christian, and it saddens me to see so many claim the title in the practice of religion.

Removed the non-relevant parts. But, no. You can't go changing the definition of words simply to suit your purposes. It muddies the waters and serves no purpose but to create an instance of the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy.

#5064 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostProxus571, on 08 July 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

RD is far too awesome to replace. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Why do I have a feeling this all goes back to the sexuality discussion...

Unacceptable as well. There is only one correct answer to this question and AJ finds your lack of faith disturbing. AJ replaced by applebloom lol... surely you jest...

I find it rather interesting that everyone's first instinct is to remove loyalty first followed by honesty...

I didn't notice if you had a post where you offered up an alternative, bottom line is, i don't want to see any of them go either, but it's like the saying goes,
"nobody wants to enjoy clubbing baby penguin, but, if you have to club baby penguins, you might as well enjoy it..."
Posted Image

Edited by CandidAstrius, 08 July 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#5065 Arisaema

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Quite frankly this topic has become quite terrifying. The only reason I can see Pony liveries not being allowed is if Hasbro goes all Harmony Gold on these folk. They may not want their IP being associated with the game. Even if it may be considered fair use.

But hey...keep it up. The zoidpony was interesting.

#5066 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hon. Sporkosophy;

Thank you for the clarification. I am aware of the common missuse of the word religion. If you will look carefully into the religions of the world you will find a single unifying theme... What must a man do to become righteous enough to fellowship with God forever? They then go on to quantify this as best they can in as much of a righteous manner as possible for depraved men. The central theme is that man, by man's efforts can earn the approbation of God.

Orthodox Christianity teaches that God, by God's efforts made a rapproachment with fallen man possible by the work of Christ on the Cross dying for the sins of the world, and that by faith in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ on our behalf do we free the integrity of God to save us. Faith is a non meritorious system of perception, the object of faith bears the merit.

So as I said, I do nothing to earn the approbation of God, and so I am not religious. In Orthodox Christian Theology the sins of men are paid for. The unbeliever is arraigned before the Great White Throne Judgement Seat and his record of Good Works are examined. From this investigation of his relative good works, which in his unbelief he held to be superior to the work of Christ on his behalf, he is found to have not met the standards of God for eternal life in polite society for ever. If you are going to live with God forever, then you have to be as good as he is. Refusing to acknowledge the person and work of Jesus Christ is refusing the rehabilitation of the imputation of God's Righteousness.

There is more to it, and I will happilly send anyone who asks the Isogogic, categorical, and exegetical treatsies on the integrity of God as deliniated in the original languages and cultural idioms of the Bible.

I appreciate your holding me accountable to keeping the vocabulary straight Sporkosophy. The mind set that would achieve an objective at any cost using ends justifying the means existential philosophy is indeed a dirty rotten propaganda trick and anyone using it should be called out on it. Thanks again sir. It has been a priviledge to have shared these concepts with you.

Respectfully

Samaritan

MLP FIM is an alegorical story that attempts to define and promote the virtues necessary to a stable polite society. The virtues of morality and establishment are for the believer and the unbeliever, but even they can not eliminate elements of sin within the show, nor in the real world. The Angelic Conflict is driven by the assertion that harmony for a thousand years or so can be obtained by means other than those set forth by God. That God's judgement of the Fallen Angels is unjust because a loving God should not barbeque his kids. Human history is the vindication of God's integrity by showing that the fallen can niether accomplish a harmonious society, nor show in the slieghtest manner any injustice on God's part. This is one of the reasons I like the show. It promotes civic and moral virtues without resorting to vulgarities.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 08 July 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#5067 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 08 July 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

I didn't notice if you had a post where you offered up an alternative, bottom line is, i don't want to see any of them go either, but it's like the saying goes,
"nobody wants to enjoy clubbing baby penguin, but, if you have to club baby penguins, you might as well enjoy it..."

View PostCandidAstrius, on 08 July 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

My answer was more in between the lines of my argument...

Quite simply, there is no MLP:FIM without the Mane 6.

To think otherwise... well...
Posted Image

#5068 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hon. Candidastrius;

That is a great pic for your reply, but please tell me you did not mean to imply that Fluttershy would be using her "Stare" to enjoy clubing seals.

Avoiding Her Stare

Samaritan

#5069 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Pony threads are awesome!

I am lying in bed hoping my diabetic kidneys will let me keep my feet. I am reading the Bible, listening to an Octavian inspired orchestral piece, and enjoying a civil discourse on the meaning of life with great people.

WooHooo!

and some pony fer yer trouble, Ah'm with Proxus571 on this one.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 08 July 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#5070 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Hon. Candidastrius;

That is a great pic for your reply, but please tell me you did not mean to imply that Fluttershy would be using her "Stare" to enjoy clubing seals.

Avoiding Her Stare

Samaritan

As humorous as i find the concept, no, fluttershy has show time and again, that she lacks the discipline to do something that unpleasant to a small critter, even when 'culling' would be more humane then starvation...

View PostProxus571, on 08 July 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

My answer was more in between the lines of my argument...

Quite simply, there is no MLP:FIM without the Mane 6.

To think otherwise... well...

And i have no disagreements with you on that fact, but i doubt Hasbro is lurking this forum for plot idea so its safe enough to speculate to our hearts content ,and...the sacrifice of one to save the rest is a common concept, this version is far more G rated too, and to rally against someone making the choice, with out offering an alternative...well, i guess that a choice of none over one is a choice too.

#5071 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostSouske Sagara, on 08 July 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

I say Rarity and Sweetie Belle get in an industrial accident, and most of Belle is replaced by cyberneightics, making Sweetie Bot canon.

Posted Image

Will...I dream?

Posted Image

Or perhaps something more retro.

Edited by wanderer, 08 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#5072 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

So as I said, I do nothing to earn the approbation of God, and so I am not religious.

This had nothing to do with what I brought up, read here: http://dictionary.re...e/religious?s=t. Buddhism is a religion, and by no means necessitates any sort of deistic figure, yet there are still religious Buddhists. You're ignoring that your beliefs are still derived from a religion, which by definition makes them religious. This isn't a discussion or debate, that's precisely that the words mean. You cannot freely alter the meaning of a word to suit your own gains.

I appreciate your holding me accountable to keeping the vocabulary straight Sporkosophy. The mind set that would achieve an objective at any cost using ends justifying the means existential philosophy is indeed a dirty rotten propaganda trick and anyone using it should be called out on it.

Then you should stop being guilty of it and take such to a thread more appropriate for said topic. I'm not here to discuss religion, nor do I see why anyone else would be. Had it a bearing on the topic of pony, I would understand, but it doesn't.

#5073 Evedro Solais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

View Postwanderer, on 08 July 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Posted Image

Will...I dream?

Posted Image

Or perhaps something more retro.

Yes Sweetie Bot, you will dream. But don't stop at being a dreamer. A dream is only a wish un-acted upon. By wishing to dream you shall and by it's definition it will be fulfilled. It is only when you stop dreaming that progress stops.

or for something a little old fashioned.

Indeed, dear Sweetie Bot. You shall dream, but let not the illusion hold you back. The guise of a dream is held by fallow wishes. Nurture those dreams and reap their fruit; In turn plant it's seeds into dreams anew. For when the fields of your dreams lay barren it is only then that your heart will truly die.

#5074 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

just noticed the part in the mechlab dev blog where they said "Jump Jets in MechWarrior Online are chassis specific"...
Posted Image
my dreams of a vindicatorback have been...dashed...

Edited by CandidAstrius, 08 July 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#5075 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here is an article you may find of interest. It is written by Lauren Faust. This should help you get into the heads and purpose of MLP characters for any art or stories you may have in mind.

http://msmagazine.co...ony-a-rebuttal/

Posted Image

This picture is from the article and is L. Fausts own handiwork.

Enjoy Folks

Samaritan

#5076 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

I still love these original sketches. Faust is a gifted artist for certain.

#5077 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostEvedro Solais, on 08 July 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Yes Sweetie Bot, you will dream. But don't stop at being a dreamer. A dream is only a wish un-acted upon. By wishing to dream you shall and by it's definition it will be fulfilled. It is only when you stop dreaming that progress stops.

or for something a little old fashioned.

Indeed, dear Sweetie Bot. You shall dream, but let not the illusion hold you back. The guise of a dream is held by fallow wishes. Nurture those dreams and reap their fruit; In turn plant it's seeds into dreams anew. For when the fields of your dreams lay barren it is only then that your heart will truly die.

Set phasers to hug!

#5078 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hon. Sporkosophy;

That was a fine rebutal, and I will accept that given the diffences inherrent to so many people over so many years now able to write one another at a moments notice with this wonderful Internet that you are in fact correct. You are a fine champion of accuracy and I appreciate your gallantry and proofs.
  • Comprehend that changes in language (including new words, constructions, or usages) are a normal and inevitable part of the language's evolution.
This relevant quote concerning the science of linguistics should relieve any concerns you may have about my nefarious plot to assuage my sense of self at anyone else's expense I hope. Technical language exists in every field and Theology is no exception. Try reading any given body of law for yourself and then going to court to win your case, the technical defferences in legal language alone will surely dissapoint you.

But as you say, this is an off topic jettisoned pony corral thread. The Pony discussion is not encouraged anywhere else in the mwo community, but given the tollerant nature of the community and the Off Topic thread venue, our few words on the subject should not upset anyone... Especially given our prodigious efforts to post pony and pony related accessories.

And now for some imaginary, imaginary pony.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5079 Evedro Solais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Souske Sagara: I just saw your sig and lol. That sentence out of context is hilarious.

#5080 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

After further thought, I think it might be a bit unfair to the question (which is designed to be tough) to answer with none.

I do believe there is one pony who could ultimately end up leaving the cast, but at that point in time it would mean the end of the show as well.

That pony would be Twiliy. Now there is no reason other than this: Self Sacrifice. With the show beginning with her being forced upon a strange town with no real friends to speak of, what better way for the series to end than for her to put her own life on the line for her new friends. So if a pony must be cast out, let twily make the ultimate sacrifice and let her memory carry the rest of the town on into history.

Posted Image

Gah noooooo I'm sorry Twily, don't ... ungh...

Edited by Proxus571, 08 July 2012 - 05:53 PM.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users