Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#5221 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

View PostXV88 Broadside, on 12 July 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

EDIT: Hmm......embedding stuff is harder than I thought.....

That's what SHE said.

Edited by Souske Sagara, 12 July 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#5222 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostProxus571, on 11 July 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

Perhaps, but I still got my money on the Party Cannon.

I know some people here will appreciate this:
Posted Image

: D nice cross over, its the sun warrior!
i wonder if there's any more good MLP LoL cross overs's TO THE GOOGLES!!!

Edit:

Not quite as epic but...

Posted Image

Edited by CandidAstrius, 12 July 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#5223 Johannes Falkner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 442 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

We could also try to find the major powers' (IS and Clan) iconic moments in MLP.

Clan Hell's Ponies
Posted Image

Clan Wolf

Clan Ghost Bear (LOL)
Posted Image

Any others?

#5224 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

MWO will be a F2P game in which you may spend money to enhance your experience. If you play well, you will earn more Cbills whith which to enhance your experience. If you play poorly, your available cbills may dwindle down to the level of F2P. Real money and Cbills will end up with a definable exchange rate. This will intensify the experience for some vis a vis "Penny Poker". This may also lend itself to a semblance of meritaucratic gambling addiction for some. Sense we will be playing against one another in teams with money at stake, after a fashion, do you think the MWO game will come under the watchful eye of the Feds at some point?

Posted Image

Along this line of thought, there is the posibility of a VR Solaris 7. If certain teams and House factions gain enough renown, might there not be an incentive to watch profesional teams battling it out in a 31st century Martial Olympiad? If a Solaris 7 update is provided for MWO in which you can watch, and bet Cbills on the out come of battles as well as participate in them yourself, might this eventually come to be regarded as an actionable gambling event by the Feds?

I know I would like to try my hand in a martial olympiad. I know I enjoyed my Solaris 7 scenarios in MW4. What are your thoughts on the subject? Since it is still a F2P format, Solaris 7 events would be uphill battles with significant handicaps for those who choose to participate without spending money. Would this be enough of a fig leaf to keep hypothetical Feds out of the picture?

Let me know what you think.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 12 July 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#5225 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostSamaritan, on 12 July 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hon. Mechwarriors;

MWO will be a F2P game in which you may spend money to enhance your experience. If you play well, you will earn more Cbills whith which to enhance your experience. If you play poorly, your available cbills may dwindle down to the level of F2P. Real money and Cbills will end up with a definable exchange rate. This will intensify the experience for some vis a vis "Penny Poker". This may also lend itself to a semblance of meritaucratic gambling addiction for some. Sense we will be playing against one another in teams with money at stake, after a fashion, do you think the MWO game will come under the watchful eye of the Feds at some point?

Posted Image

Along this line of thought, there is the posibility of a VR Solaris 7. If certain teams and House factions gain enough renown, might there not be an incentive to watch profesional teams battling it out in a 31st century Martial Olympiad? If a Solaris 7 update is provided for MWO in which you can watch, and bet Cbills on the out come of battles as well as participate in them yourself, might this eventually come to be regarded as an actionable gambling event by the Feds?

I know I would like to try my hand in a martial olympiad. I know I enjoyed my Solaris 7 scenarios in MW4. What are your thoughts on the subject? Since it is still a F2P format, Solaris 7 events would be uphill battles with significant handicaps for those who choose to participate without spending money. Would this be enough of a fig leaf to keep hypothetical Feds out of the picture?

Let me know what you think.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Hmm, online gambling does exists, so there's per-established rules governing it in concerns to real money.
My best reference as to the use of in game currency in the real world would be Eve online.
In Eve, all manner of gambling exists if one is inclined to look for it, some of it's legitimate some of it's a straight up scam.
The in game currency in Eve (ISK) has a very definite (but constantly fluctuating) exchange rate with real world currency. CCP has been testing the waters with this concept, and had at one time put 100 high end video cards up for sale for ISK (well a set number of PLEX, the means of turning real cash into in game currency, and the means of exchanging that value with other players by buying the PLEX with ISK, PLEx are used to extend you subscription so some players don't have to pay to play if they have a means of dragging in enough in game currency) I haven't heard about any legal action being taken against them, but i also haven't heard of them making any other such offers, so some degree of hand slapping and scolding might have been involved, BUT, there's still plenty of gambling in EVE...

Edited by CandidAstrius, 12 July 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#5226 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

HAL:"I'm afraid i can't let you do that"

Imagine what would happen, if all Bronies had a NON AGRESSION PACT.
Just look at these here boards, at this here Thread . . there'd be nobody shooting at anybody else in many matches . .

It'd be Vash:"LOVE AND PEACE!"

Imagine there's a War . . and nobody shows up for it . .

#5227 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostStahlseele, on 12 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

HAL:"I'm afraid i can't let you do that"

Imagine what would happen, if all Bronies had a NON AGRESSION PACT.
Just look at these here boards, at this here Thread . . there'd be nobody shooting at anybody else in many matches . .

It'd be Vash:"LOVE AND PEACE!"

Imagine there's a War . . and nobody shows up for it . .

Posted Image

#5228 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

So, I finally managed to finish my OC... I'm quite happy with how he turned out! :)
I had to think very hard to come up with a name, but eventually settled for "Rusty Gears", which doesn't sound too bad me thinks! ^^

Check it out:
Posted Image

I learned quite a bit about PS while drawing him and I have some more ideas for pictures featuring him, and maybe some others...
So, let's hear it, what do you think? ^^

#5229 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

MLP FIM was made within a children's show format. The conflicts inferred from this context would necessarily be darker and more brutal as you stray from these origins in various fanfics. The Everfree forest is feared by most ponies and is home to some monstrous creatures of legend. Your typical pony is thus far more grounded and level headed in the face of violence than your typical human being in the 1st and 2nd world. Here is a picture derived from one of the minor events from the show that would be frankly a harrowing and defining moment for many.

Posted Image

This is a beautiful pic of a heroic conflict between the ponies and some everfree timber wolves.

MLP as a story is generally uplifting, and manly heroics like this are ascribed to the ladies, but really, this sort of action is the purview of men. Will the ladies step up at need? Surely, but in human society you would expect the Sherrif's dept. or neighborly frontier clan militia to handle this sort of event. The lack of sexual dimorphism in the ponies make it very easy to identify with the adventurous theme of the show, and thus you have a large source for the Brony fan base.

In this image we see a purported war room strategy session taking place. There is one stallion and a dragon at the table with three mares. This is widely skewed from the norms of human history. I mention this because it is a show made for human kids in which the normative authority structures are female in roles that put their femininity at risk. Again can women do this sort of thing? Sure, but it does not occur to this degree in human history. The closest we come to is the Celtic traditions of matriarchy. Bodacia led her people in battle, likely painted in wode, but the army was composed of every able bodied man.

Posted Image

Part of the female normative authority roles in the society depicted are a combination of L. Faust's deliberate incorporation of Feminism and Hasbro's occasional veto which kept her from defining the male role as well as she would have liked. Faust frequently filled the role of law enforcement and the military with men, but it is clear she wanted to emphasize that men and women were complementary people able to live well in any role regardless of the advantages or handicaps we might bring to the service be they gender, social, or "spiritual".

Posted Image
Thank you for your time in considering these thoughts. I hope the pics prove welcome additions to your galleries.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 12 July 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#5230 Spiralcrisis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 207 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure I want to know.

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

I found it and now you're going to have to look at it.

#5231 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a disturbing pic if you think about having to live through something like it yourself.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5232 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Inspired by Samaritan's last post
Background by
NobodyButterfly

Posted Image
Have you given Luna a hug today?

#5233 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

#5234 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

How many of you had had a chance to play this entertaining little game? http://www.hubworld....ecials/mlp8bit/

Posted Image

[color=#333333]Passcode *THAT YOU DIDN'T HEAR FROM ME* is HUBMLP8BIT[/color]

#5235 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

I love these songs they keep making for FiW.

#5236 HeroicTofu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the Ford Galaxy

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostCaptain Fabulous, on 12 July 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

How many of you had had a chance to play this entertaining little game? http://www.hubworld....ecials/mlp8bit/

Posted Image

[color=#333333]Passcode *THAT YOU DIDN'T HEAR FROM ME* is HUBMLP8BIT[/color]

Totally beat it with all 6 ponies. Where is Season 3 already ;-;

#5237 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

For those of you who enjoy table top rpgs, you can take Dungeons and Dragons right off the shelf as is and craft a pony campaign.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script

Posted Image

There appears to be quite a few MLP DND crossovers on the net. If you like RPGs google is your friend in the search for such.

Edited by Samaritan, 13 July 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#5238 i_dot_jeff

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image

#5239 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 12 July 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

So, I finally managed to finish my OC... I'm quite happy with how he turned out! :D
I had to think very hard to come up with a name, but eventually settled for "Rusty Gears", which doesn't sound too bad me thinks! ^^

Check it out:
Posted Image

I learned quite a bit about PS while drawing him and I have some more ideas for pictures featuring him, and maybe some others...
So, let's hear it, what do you think? ^^

Looks great! :( Only thing I could think of is that his eyes look a little crossed, thought that might just be the perspective

#5240 SgtPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

66 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 66 guests, 0 anonymous users