#5461 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 17 July 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Uh, I love IZ! Have you actually watched an episode of MLP? There's something about Pinkie Pie that reminds me of GIR...

Oh, and GIR is best pony! ^^

GIR is best total.

And no i havint, i mean, ive seen bits but never a full episode, why?

#5462 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 17 July 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

There is absolutely nothing in the show to prove that point! It looks like a logic outcome, but correct me i I'm wrong, we only know "the phenomenon" of homosexuality from humans, don't we? Do we actually know what makes people be/become homosexuals?
For all we know, this phenomenon could be exclusive to humans, couldn't it?

We have examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, I remember there being articles about but not limited to...well, what this article on wikipedia talks about [and since I was proved wrong earlier in the thread about Wikipedia, I'm going to use wikipedia this time to prove my point. http://en.wikipedia....vior_in_animals

Also ever see a male dog mount another male dog? I have.

I get your point, you don't "Want" to be confronted by this stuff Sesambrot, but it doesn't matter if you want it or not, it's out there, and you're going to see it. Ignoring it, isn't going to make it go away.

Posted Image

#5463 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Told ya there'd be some long answers :D

#5464 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostMason West, on 17 July 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

GIR is best total.

And no i havint, i mean, ive seen bits but never a full episode, why?

It's good, episode quality can vary heavily depending on the writer. [one of the writers for season 2 worked on sponge bob before MLP.] But overall it's fairly coherent, has a decent continuity, and generally isn't just random for the sake of being random. Characters feel realistic and flawed...

Oftentimes I feel I'm watching more of a drama with comedy elements than a show for 6 year old girls.

#5465 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 17 July 2012 - 01:04 PM, said:

It's good, episode quality can vary heavily depending on the writer. [one of the writers for season 2 worked on sponge bob before MLP.] But overall it's fairly coherent, has a decent continuity, and generally isn't just random for the sake of being random. Characters feel realistic and flawed...

Oftentimes I feel I'm watching more of a drama with comedy elements than a show for 6 year old girls.

Lol 6 year old girls...........sorry that borderline trolling,

I remember the ORIGINAL MLP back in what? 2000 something, artwork was different i think.

And whats a Pinkie Pie? i know someone on another forum(much less mature one) that has that name and it was brought up above ^

#5466 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Given the INTENSE competition for life partners implied by the gender ratio of the show, this traditional dating scene should probably be interpreted as "You are going to marry that girl, or else".

Posted Image

Applejacked Up

Samaritan

#5467 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Some quick opinions on the current debates...

On behaviour: since what we've seen of ponies' society and psychology so far has been mostly human-like, I'd say it's reasonable to assume that they would be similar (though not necessarily exactly the same) in currently unknown matters as well. Of course, there are some differences, for example due to the presence of magic, but overall they seem to be more human-like than not.

On gender ratios: I'm actually not sure why people keep trotting out this 85%/15% ratio. I couldn't find it in a hurry (if someone could help me with that, it would be much appreciated), but I recall Lauren saying that the lack of many stallions and colts in the show was mostly a matter of budget- and time constraints, and is not meant to be representative of the actual gender ratio. Not to mention that Season 2 added a lot of male ponies to the show, so they're clearly trying to rectify this.

Edited by SNobleJr, 17 July 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#5468 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Ah the joys of parenthood.

Posted Image
There is no Zhuul, only Twilight :D

Derpfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 17 July 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#5469 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

The joys of parenthood, part deux.

Posted Image

The Nieghcronomicon for Krismass, Auntie Luna you're the best!

Playing the parents off of one another comes naturally.

Twilightly

Samaritan

Pony Script: Old habbits die hard with Luna it seems as Krismass is not a misspelling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris

A mass involving a Kris is likely to be a magic filled moment for someone :D

Yall stay out of my library, ya hear?

Posted Image

Edited by Samaritan, 17 July 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#5470 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

View PostMason West, on 17 July 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Lol 6 year old girls...........sorry that borderline trolling,

I remember the ORIGINAL MLP back in what? 2000 something, artwork was different i think.

And whats a Pinkie Pie? i know someone on another forum(much less mature one) that has that name and it was brought up above ^

Um, the "Original" My little pony was from the 80's, you're talking like, 3rd generation, or 3.5... [My Little Pony Tales]
My Little Pony Tales was aimed a bit higher, closer to trying to aim for the teen audiance. It's not bad, but it's not great. Original MLP was like, Dungeons and Dragons with Pony's. [no I'm not kidding]

Trust me, I don't make an uninformed statement dear.

#5471 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Weighing in on the cherielee/ big mac thing,

I felt the writers were trying to give the impression that big mac and cherielee had been involved at some point discovered it wasn't going to work for what ever reason and managed the near impossible task of backing out to a friendship, and managing to do so with out it being awkward after fact, but then the cmc phillies try to hook them back up anyway, the humor in that being something not meant for children to understand but for the adults watching it with them., but as Samaritan likes to say, ''that's just my two bit's"

#5472 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 17 July 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

We have examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, I remember there being articles about but not limited to...well, what this article on wikipedia talks about [and since I was proved wrong earlier in the thread about Wikipedia, I'm going to use wikipedia this time to prove my point. http://en.wikipedia....vior_in_animals

Also ever see a male dog mount another male dog? I have.

Oh well, didn't know, didn't bother to look it up, and didn't think of it, my bad... :D
My other points still stand.

View PostJade Kitsune, on 17 July 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

I get your point, you don't "Want" to be confronted by this stuff Sesambrot, but it doesn't matter if you want it or not, it's out there, and you're going to see it. Ignoring it, isn't going to make it go away.

No offense, but you actually didn't get it...
It's not that I don't want to be confronted with it, neither have I implied that I'm ignoring it, it's just that I don't give a damn...
It's not that I avoid ****-shipfics because I don't wanna deal with the topic, it's just that I'm not interessted in any kind of fanfic to begin with. I don't want it to go away either, to me it's just unimportant if someone is ****, bi or straight... With regards to real people, I don't need to know, I'm not going to treat anyone differently just because of it, it becomes important to me, only if they are interested in me, or I'm interested in them... Why should it be any other way with regards to ponies?

No, what bugs me is, that while some people want to ignore it or don't want to talk about it, there are other who tell them that it is that way nonetheless, because reasons! The truth is, if we base this whole discussions solely on what can be seen in the show, all of it are merely assumptions, and that's actually both sides of the debate, so it comes down to personal opinion.
If we're taking fanfics into account, then it's simple;
people associate with ponies, there are gay people out there, so they will create gay pony-chars, and as far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with that! Hell, if I ever decide to pick up one of those fanfics, I'm not gonna put it away just because of that! (Well, if there are details being described that I don't need/want to know, I might at most skip a page or so)

I'm only having a problem if someone's trying to sell all this as a fact based on what can be seen in the show. However, based on the show, the existence of homosexuality in Equestria is not a fact!

Oh well, maybe it's just me getting worked up over little details.... :angry:

View PostMason West, on 17 July 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

The art-style is quite different, as is..... ....well, pretty much everything about it! ;)
Oh and, this is Pinkie Pie:
Posted Image
(with her teethless pet-aligator gummy)

EDIT:
so h0m0 is being censored??? what foul mouth I have.... ^^

Oh, and Mason West:
If you have like an hour and a half of free time and don't know what to fill them with, I suggest to watch the first two episodes of the show... You'll hear many reasons as to why it's awesome, or why people like it, but you gotta see and decide for yourself...
Not saying you'll necessarily get it after that, but chances are...... ^^

Edited by Sesambrot, 17 July 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#5473 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 17 July 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Um, the "Original" My little pony was from the 80's, you're talking like, 3rd generation, or 3.5... [My Little Pony Tales]
My Little Pony Tales was aimed a bit higher, closer to trying to aim for the teen audiance. It's not bad, but it's not great. Original MLP was like, Dungeons and Dragons with Pony's. [no I'm not kidding]

Trust me, I don't make an uninformed statement dear.

I trust you, i guess, just met you actually,

And honestly i wouldent know, the only anthropomorphic thing that ive been following is a little different.

I like the artwork though, especially some of the fanwork :D its pretty, even if i dont understand it.

#5474 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors

DM of the Rings meets MLP FIM.

Posted Image

11 mares, 1 Spike, and a mad scramble for the One engagement ring.

Derpfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 17 July 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#5475 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 17 July 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Weighing in on the cherielee/ big mac thing,

I felt the writers were trying to give the impression that big mac and cherielee had been involved at some point discovered it wasn't going to work for what ever reason and managed the near impossible task of backing out to a friendship, and managing to do so with out it being awkward after fact, but then the cmc phillies try to hook them back up anyway, the humor in that being something not meant for children to understand but for the adults watching it with them., but as Samaritan likes to say, ''that's just my two bit's"

I never got that idea. Where did you get that idea?

Seemed to me like a couple of acquaintances who were thrust into an awkward situation...

#5476 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostSesambrot, on 17 July 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

Oh and, this is Pinkie Pie:

EDIT:
so h0m0 is being censored??? what foul mouth I have.... ^^

Oh, and Mason West
If you have like an hour and a half of free time and don't know what to fill them with, I suggest to watch the first two episodes of the show... You'll hear many reasons as to why it's awesome, or why people like it, but you gotta see and decide for yourself...
Not saying you'll necessarily get it after that, but chances are...... ^^

Why did i think she was going to be purple?

Oh well,

I dont have time now but will check it out, just to see what all the fuss is about,

Oh, and would you guys like my professional opinion on the homosexually thing?

#5477 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostTyzh, on 17 July 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

I never got that idea. Where did you get that idea?

Seemed to me like a couple of acquaintances who were thrust into an awkward situation...

They kept using the term 'good friends' as thought it had been previously established they were never going to be more then good friends, donno, maybe my own experiences in that kind of situation colored it for me.

Edit:

Also the way they had a good laugh about it once the subject was broached, seemed like an 'inside joke' sort of response.

Edited by CandidAstrius, 17 July 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#5478 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostMason West, on 17 July 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Oh, and would you guys like my professional opinion on the homosexually thing?

Professional? :D
Let's hear it!

#5479 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

I like double tapping bits at two klicks.

Posted Image

Fluttershy is one pony who doesn't like 'er bits.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5480 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 17 July 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

They kept using the term 'good friends' as thought it had been previously established they were never going to be more then good friends, donno, maybe my own experiences in that kind of situation colored it for me.

Edit:

Also the way they had a good laugh about it once the subject was broached, seemed like an 'inside joke' sort of response.

Hmmm... I'mma go watch the episode again.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook