• LocationParkland, WA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

In general, or in this forum?

#5542 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostNuclear Xmas, on 17 July 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Why is this whole brony thing still going on?

Um...because they haven't cancelled the show and it's going into it's third season next month?

#5543 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

That or the whole butchering and eating ponies thing. I'm not a big fan of horse or pony meat, but that's mostly because of taste, I prefer buffalo and cow. Also bacon, which I consider separate from the rest of the pig.

#5544 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

you know how at the end where Celestia gets her rump kicked but Queen Chrysalis, all i could think about is how thats what you get for letting the tyrant do work, should of had luna do it, she would of put that biddy in her place.

#5545 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Its going on in general because a series of seemingly minor events that occurred at the start of this fanbase ended up creating a large group of people with a common interest and a strong sense of community, similar (but much faster thanks to the internet) to what happened to traditional gamers, video gamers, comic fans, and other stereotypically nerdy domains. Virtually overnight we went from being a bunch of fans, to being a community of fans, to being a sub-culture in our own right. One with strong bonds between individual members.

Its going on in this forum because people have more then one interest in life, and can even have more then one passion if they have the dedication. Ponies who like mechwarrior came here when the forums opened to keep up on MWO, and meet other fans of both MW and MLP.

Like any sub-culture we strive towards community. Ponies more so then normal seek it since those of us who were around at the start were being constantly harassed by others for our interests, and those who weren't active when the meme exploded (like a 400XL in a Stackpole novel) have all the reputation as troublemakers from that culture-kamf regardless of our actual interest in causing problems.

#5546 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Well yes, but Luna is best dictator.

#5547 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 17 July 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

The trolls are very territorial and have done an excellent job of respecting pony territory.

We get it. You don't like pony, but don't say crap like that and expect any of us to believe it.

Trolls have done an excellent job of respecting pony territory? Hahahahahaha!!!!

You're lucky we actually keep ourselves in line, as this is the first I've seen of us going out of our thread. With how often trolls come in ours, you'd think we would have broken truce a LONG time ago.

So feel lucky we actually police ourselves and keep our stuff contained, but once again, don't try and have me believe trolls have been respecting our space, because they haven't.

#5548 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 17 July 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

I know this one is suggestive, but a cute pic nonetheless, and quite fitting for my last post of the day.
srsly this time! good night everypony! ^^
Posted Image

How is that suggestive? Suggestive romance? Suggestive shipping?

Last I checked, suggestive meant something sexually, and I see nothing more beyond the, "closer than normal friends," vibe.

Cute picture, but sheesh, not everything is sexual.

Also: http://militarytimes...my-little-pony/

Military Times!

#5549 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostAresye, on 18 July 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

How is that suggestive? Suggestive romance? Suggestive shipping?

Last I checked, suggestive meant something sexually, and I see nothing more beyond the, "closer than normal friends," vibe.

Cute picture, but sheesh, not everything is sexual.

Also: http://militarytimes...my-little-pony/

Military Times!

Why the hostilities?
You know, english is a foreign language to me, but last I checked the term suggestive also had quite a few other meanings, not explicitly involving sexual themes.
First and foremost it just means "thought-provoking", doesn't it?
That said, the picture actually suggests that those two may be more than just friends, which is why I said it was suggestive. What your mind makes of that, is your problem... :rolleyes:

#5550 Daverex

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I would find it hilarious if someone made a pony-mech. But I wouldn't feel sorry about ripping it to pieces when I see it... After all, a target's a target.

#5551 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

I swear we should get bonus points when the game launches for each time someone posts that (frankly idiotic) pic.

#5552 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Due to being a lore guy that seems the only logical way we could put Ponies and Bronies in the Mechwarrior Universe without it breaking cannon and becoming pathetic.

#5553 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Posted Image

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

*Overused anti-brony/furry image*

Why not use something original for once?
Spoiler used for a reason, consider yourself warned
Spoiler

Edited by Sesambrot, 18 July 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#5554 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

Overrused yes. Appropriate yes.

#5555 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Overrused yes. Appropriate yes.

If you really need to express your dislike of ponies/bronies that badly because in your opinion it's pathetic, how about you stop being pathetic first and don't imitate all the others like you, that came here before you?

Edited by Sesambrot, 18 July 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#5556 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 18 July 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

If you really need to express your dislike of ponies/bronies that badly because in your opinion it's pathetic, how about you stop being pathetic first and don't imitate all the others like you, that came here before you?

Who am I kidding??! Who am I trying to argue with?!? Why did I even think a troll like you would even give a **** about being pathetic, they all are... -.-

So lemme get this straight im merely posting a picture about the universe of the game were all waiting to play, you are getting upset that those mechs just so happen to be blasting manchildren and creatures of a particularly overrated fandom. Im not even trying to say the fandom is bad im just merely pointing out this is what happens when Bronies and Ponies end up in Battletech and why we cant have nice things.

#5557 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

I think it's funny that you have a whole 3 posts, all of which are in this thread, being derisive towards we who have been made this bed in which to lie with the moderators and developers' blessing, and assurance that intruders will be dealt with harshly (which you would know, had you bothered to read the thread).

I also note you have a founder's tag. If I was a more malicious individual, I would hope you get perma-banned and "Waste" that $60. Fortunately for me, I'm not that malicious.

#5558 Nuclear Xmas

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostSouske Sagara, on 18 July 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Its going on in general because a series of seemingly minor events that occurred at the start of this fanbase ended up creating a large group of people with a common interest and a strong sense of community, similar (but much faster thanks to the internet) to what happened to traditional gamers, video gamers, comic fans, and other stereotypically nerdy domains. Virtually overnight we went from being a bunch of fans, to being a community of fans, to being a sub-culture in our own right. One with strong bonds between individual members.

Its going on in this forum because people have more then one interest in life, and can even have more then one passion if they have the dedication. Ponies who like mechwarrior came here when the forums opened to keep up on MWO, and meet other fans of both MW and MLP.

Like any sub-culture we strive towards community. Ponies more so then normal seek it since those of us who were around at the start were being constantly harassed by others for our interests, and those who weren't active when the meme exploded (like a 400XL in a Stackpole novel) have all the reputation as troublemakers from that culture-kamf regardless of our actual interest in causing problems.

It really seems like people are more in it for the community aspect than they actually are for the show. I mean, yeah, it's a good kids show and it's definitely a show that I wouldn't mind my daughter watching if I had one and if she were to insist I watch it with her I probably wouldn't mind either. But that's where it ends. It's nothing spectacular or compelling and their are plenty of other shows directed towards that age group that are just as good if not better.

It's pretty clear that if it weren't for the massive community involved with the show most people probably wouldn't be nearly as interested. Because people like seeing all the fan art and fan fiction people create and trying to contribute to that. Along with involving themselves with discussions about it and getting an opportunity to express their creativity and being around others who're creative as well. But the show isn't even necessary in order to have a community like that. So I guess I just don't really see the point in making something like that a large part of your life. Because even if you're in it for the community you're showing your devotion towards the show and regardless of the fact that it's directed towards children and it's main focuses are feminism and ponies it's still not THAT good.

Another thing I don't get is why the creators or even some fans haven't created a forum dedicated to this so that it could bring the community together. Unless one already exists or the enjoyment comes from bringing it up in a forum unrelated to MLP and seeing how many people react positively and discovering some other bronies.

The interest itself doesn't really bother me but do we really need the presence of MLP on EVERY forum and online community on the internet? Seems like things are getting a little out of hand.

Edited by Nuclear Xmas, 18 July 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#5559 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 18 July 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

I think it's funny that you have a whole 3 posts, all of which are in this thread, being derisive towards we who have been made this bed in which to lie with the moderators and developers' blessing, and assurance that intruders will be dealt with harshly (which you would know, had you bothered to read the thread).

I also note you have a founder's tag. If I was a more malicious individual, I would hope you get perma-banned and "Waste" that $60. Fortunately for me, I'm not that malicious.

But im not harming anyone at all I was merely posting a pic that pertains to this particular topic and if I knew any better that sounds like a threat which can be viewed as such, which if Im not mistaken is not something taken lightly by moderators of this forum as well as the developers of the game. I also doubt that the devs would throw away 60 dollars over some ponies.

And on the subject of my post count rule 1: Lurk More Post Less.

Edited by Reichus Aran, 18 July 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#5560 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

The mods have come in and deleted that picture I can't count how many times. People have been warned not to troll this thread in response to that picture bein posted over and over. When will people learn to just leave the trollin out of the pony thread?

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users