Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#5601 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 18 July 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Well bronies, you've finally made it to the big time. Thats twice now, I've been listening to Howard Stern this week and he has brought up MLP and the bronies.
But heres the real question, we got any cloppers in the house? lol

I'd just like to point out we've been on Fox News a few times already, as well as the New York Times and similar newspapers all across the US at the beginning of the summer. Fox News actually posted an article earlier today talking about an article from the military news group Military Times.

this one here: http://militarytimes...my-little-pony/

So, we kinda hit that point sometime last year or so ;)

#5602 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostSilentWolff, on 18 July 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Well bronies, you've finally made it to the big time. Thats twice now, I've been listening to Howard Stern this week and he has brought up MLP and the bronies.
But heres the real question, we got any cloppers in the house? lol

There have been lots of news reports on bronies over the years. Only lately has it gotten super-hyper-trollish with this Howard Stern douchebag (but hey, that's what he does). Lately, we've had reports being positive-to-neutral if we completely disregard H. Stern, which we really should.

Edited by Applejack, 18 July 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#5603 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Id like to see Colbert do a report on Bronies, I wouldnt care if it was trolly or hateful or anything, that would be one of the funniest Colbert to watch ever.

#5604 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Old timey Applejack!
http://bronibooru.ml...runny-grayscale

Posted Image

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 17 July 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Why, exactly, does "shy" imply "over-sensative and can't handle rejection" (this is more a general question than an "attack" or whatever, on your argument)?

Probably because "shy" is regarded as the opposite of "confident" and it's confidence that handles rejection well. It's probably an unfair sweeping generalization... but it is really hard to reject the really shy girl who finally decided to ask you out without feeling like a total douchebag. :)

#5605 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostTyzh, on 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Old timey Applejack!
http://bronibooru.ml...runny-grayscale

Posted Image

Probably because "shy" is regarded as the opposite of "confident" and it's confidence that handles rejection well. It's probably an unfair sweeping generalization... but it is really hard to reject the really shy girl who finally decided to ask you out without feeling like a total douchebag. :)

How could you ever say no to fluttershy!!

#5606 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

Of coarse now that i'm off work, the thread dies back down... oh well.
and saying no to fluttershy isn't the hard part...
Posted Image
not hating your self afterwards, that's the real trick...

#5607 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostMechaDraco, on 18 July 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Id like to see Colbert do a report on Bronies, I wouldnt care if it was trolly or hateful or anything, that would be one of the funniest Colbert to watch ever.

This is like his first of three or so shoutouts he's done to bronies.

I should also point out this was the only clip of it I could find on youtube.

Edited by Kasai Oni, 18 July 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#5608 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Posted Image

The thread merge has lowered the Ponies Per Page ratio far too much!

Stabilizing!

Plushie, the great and powerful.
(Did anyone else see the "Oz, The Great and Powerful" trailer and think OMG TRIXIE TRADEMARK THEFT!"?)
Posted Image

Plushie Luna
Posted Image

Chrysalis had a recent encounter with trolls:
Posted Image

If I still played WoW, I would totally try and snag Zecora as a shaman name lolz:(Female Tauren of course)
Posted Image

Last but certainly not least, to all the pony haters out there:
Posted Image
VGB.

Semper Pie.

#5609 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

6 more pages and we reach 300 pages of pony.

Epic. Seriously epic.

Personally, I like the discussion almost more than the ponies themselves. ALMOST.

Anyways, yes I saw the military fox news article this morning. Personally, I think it's hilarious and I love it (Rainbow Dash military patches ftw!!) but I DO understand why the Pentagon would get upset about it. I mean, when there can't even be a cross on a remote hill in the middle-of-nowhere on a military base without someone complaining or sueing, who can blame them? That, and as hilarious as I do find it, it is kind of a mockery to wear it on active duty uniforms. As much as I love it, I'm not sure it's the smartest thing or the most respectful. Perhaps on a para-military uniform that isn't being used by the service?

Shoutout to all military bronies btw, thanks for serving whatever country you serve in!

#5610 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

Wow, I don't know how I missed this while making my Pony Repopulation post but this def needs to be posted here!
Posted Image

#5611 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey guys, my new favorite gif of the week! enjoy!

Posted Image

#5612 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 18 July 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

6 more pages and we reach 300 pages of pony.

Epic. Seriously epic.

Personally, I like the discussion almost more than the ponies themselves. ALMOST.

Anyways, yes I saw the military fox news article this morning. Personally, I think it's hilarious and I love it (Rainbow Dash military patches ftw!!) but I DO understand why the Pentagon would get upset about it. I mean, when there can't even be a cross on a remote hill in the middle-of-nowhere on a military base without someone complaining or sueing, who can blame them? That, and as hilarious as I do find it, it is kind of a mockery to wear it on active duty uniforms. As much as I love it, I'm not sure it's the smartest thing or the most respectful. Perhaps on a para-military uniform that isn't being used by the service?

Shoutout to all military bronies btw, thanks for serving whatever country you serve in!

I found it hilarious that Fox News had to do an about-face on their position towards Bronies because they can't say anything bad about the military (at least, that's how I view Fox News as I avoid them as much as humanly possible!)

And yes, I totally can see how the military would have a problem with it from a practicality standpoint as well - having a non-standard patch/badge like that could cause unnecessary confusion when trying to identify somebody's role/rank/division, etc. which could have possibly deadly repercussions in a combat scenario.

I think the best part of the whole article though was the comment section - one comment saying how this was causing the emasculation of America, and tons of people saying how that guy is an ***** and how military bronies have got to be some of the ballsiest/manliest people on the planet for being so openly passionate about something they enjoy that goes against societal stereotypes.

#5613 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostKasai Oni, on 18 July 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I'd just like to point out we've been on Fox News a few times already, as well as the New York Times and similar newspapers all across the US at the beginning of the summer. Fox News actually posted an article earlier today talking about an article from the military news group Military Times.

this one here: http://militarytimes...my-little-pony/

So, we kinda hit that point sometime last year or so :P

Looks like a similar story has made it to a UK national paper :D

http://www.dailymail...ittle-Pony.html

Unfortunately Britmil is a little more stringent on uniform and standards of dress (read 'little' as A LOT) so we're unfortunately very unlikely any squaddies with Rainbow Dash patches which is a shame, would have looked great on my No. 2s.

#5614 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Well, I didn't think that the other thread would last long, but merging gives us a buff in this thread so all is good. Also my sig got redacted, I think I'll keep it as such.

#5615 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hon. Egomane;

Thanks for the reply.

Here have some Thunderponies

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The winners always write the history.
Posted Image

Robbing the Manger
Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5616 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here is a nice selection of Lunar Republic Armed Forces

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's more to be had,but this is the gist of his work.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: The artist responsible is FOXI-5 and his gallery is posted to Deviantart.com.

All I did was invest the time to sift the internet creek bed for pony mecha gold.

Edited by Samaritan, 19 July 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#5617 TheWasteLand

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

Holy mother of god Samaritan, those are awesome!

In other news, the Daily Mail is about half a step up from the Sun (newscorp shitfest) in terms of reliability and factual representations, so don't take anything on there to heart. Some of the reportage is decent, but these are the people that published a list of everyday carcinogens, which included basically all foodstuffs that were neither rich tea biscuits nor cranberry juice...

#5618 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

I love the tank and mech designs are those drawn by you or from another media?

#5619 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

What's a Pony?

#5620 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts