Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#5941 Bloodycrow

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

There's someone on Etsy that hand-makes MLP-themed hoodies. Here's some of my favorites:

Spike
Posted Image

Reversable Luna/Nightmare Moon
Posted Image

Gilda the Griffon
Posted Image

Queen Chrysalis
Posted Image

Discord
Posted Image

Deviantart: http://theflyingpand...deviantart.com/
Etsy: http://www.RaritysBoutique.etsy.com

#5942 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Those hoodies look fantastic.

#5943 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

wants.... luna... hoodie....

#5944 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Switch lives with Derpy? My god...

On a separate note, I gots some new music equipment:

Posted Image

Already had the stereo monitors and keyboard. What's new is the awesome APC40 Ableton Live Controller and (not pictured) the latest version of Cubase (6.5), which I will compose tracks in to export to Ableton for live playing.

#5945 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

anyone else notice Samaritan has been posting several pony threads as of recently outside this thread, I'm not one to bash anyone in particular but this seems to be almost done on purpose, and I am slightly curious as to why he is doing this, he knows the rules and should be sticking to them, and I would suggest we as a group perhaps talk with him about this, I would prefer to not see him or anyone else get any kind of reprimand for something so silly. I will be sending him a note expressing my concerns, and I hope the rest of you will join me and help us keep this kind of thread creation to a minimum.

#5946 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostMechaDraco, on 22 July 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

anyone else notice Samaritan has been posting several pony threads as of recently outside this thread, I'm not one to bash anyone in particular but this seems to be almost done on purpose, and I am slightly curious as to why he is doing this, he knows the rules and should be sticking to them, and I would suggest we as a group perhaps talk with him about this, I would prefer to not see him or anyone else get any kind of reprimand for something so silly. I will be sending him a note expressing my concerns, and I hope the rest of you will join me and help us keep this kind of thread creation to a minimum.

I seriously don't think there's any reason to spam his inbox.
That said, he's following this topic just like you and me, so I think you should have talked to him directly before coming here making this post. I understand your intentions, but I find it a little rude to talk like this about someone who will most likely read your post himself...
He's part of this topic, so you could have addressed him directly or send a PM at first.

Besides, his topics where about other stuff, he just happens to like sticking his own pictures into it, it's not like he's trying to spread "the love" I think. At least I believe he knows better than to try something like that....

Okay, scratch that, after seeing the topics, looking at the more recent posts, it almost seems like he's trying hard to pi** someone off...

What's gotten into you pal? That's not like you!

Edited by Sesambrot, 23 July 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#5947 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

Need moar pics!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5948 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

Yeah, Sam seems to have a distinct disconnect the last day or so. Seriously, respecting the rules is important here.

Edit: There are some cases where the two DO cross over, by chance...

Posted Image

Edited by wanderer, 23 July 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#5949 PewPewMatt

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth East England

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

I don't say this to start arguments or provoke one.

MLP was made for female children, how do you grown adults find it entertaining and if you do, why don't you find it embarrassing, I'd be embarrassed...

#5950 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Easy. It wasn't just made for little girls, the same way Animaniacs or Freakazoid wasn't made just for kids.

What, you think they got John De Lancie to voice the near omnipotent evil bad guy who totally isn't Q from Star Trek:TNG who puts the main cast through severe mindfuckery in something straight out of yet another Picard mindscrew because they were aiming it at little girls, did you?

(Hint: They weren't.)

That's the amusing part. It's a massive series of aimed-at-adult in-jokes hidden underneath what seems to be a perfectly diabetes-inducing little girl's show. Go watch "Lesson Zero" on YouTube and tell me if that's aimed at little girls. Or "It's About Time", for that matter. The first one involves a truly OCD pony going off the deep end, the second one is a straight homage to Dr. Who and Metal Gear (right down to the eventual Solid Snake outfit).

Also, this. No, it isn't a parody, that's straight from an MLP episode.

#5951 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostXathanael, on 23 July 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

-10 pony appreciation points... -shudder-

#5952 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostXathanael, on 23 July 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5953 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostPewPewMatt, on 23 July 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

MLP was made for female children, how do you grown adults find it entertaining and if you do, why don't you find it embarrassing, I'd be embarrassed...

Posted Image

#5954 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

You are in the truth, My little Pony is originally created for little girl.

But My Little Pony: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC is quite different from the other's show.
That one was created not just for girl's, but for everybody. It's a familly show created for enjoy for boy's, girl's, man or woman.

That was told by Lauren Faust herself, and she had more and more little fanservice to the brony. (A nyan cat Rainbow Dash, fan's make there. LF put one on an episode....twice.

Fan of star Wars? She made her own star wars like ending. :)

Fan of Star Trek..... Wait for the season 3. :3

Fan of Psychotic movie with weird guy's in it. You've got that at every appearance of Pinkamena. :3

Edited by KuroNyra, 23 July 2012 - 08:48 AM.

#5955 Margali

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

Why would you be embarrassed?

#5956 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Easy!

Because its humour is not targeting only 6 year old girls. It has hidden (and sometimes not so hidden) jokes all over the place that are aimed at an older audience. If you so will, the humour is aimed at our inner geek, referencing other shows and everyday circumstances, in a way that will give those that recognice them an extra giggle.

The voice actors are doing a very good job in representing their respective pony. The animation is done after the voice acting, therfor the later represents the former, not the other way round like it is often done with other shows. The actors can go as over the top as they want, the animation will be made according to it.

And last, but most important, even without all of that, the show makes me laugh. A lot! That in itself is never something to be ashamed of. A good laugh is always preferable to being a serious and boring adult.

On a side note:
I promised myself to never be a boring adult, while I was a kid (who didn't?), and I intend to keep that promise. Up to today, I play games I played as a kid, build things out of lego, indulge myself in fantasy worlds and have no respect whatsoever for authority, be it my boss, girlfriend or adultsthattakethemselfswaytoserious. I know when to act like the world expects me to, but on the inside I ridicule the world for its expectations.

#5957 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 23 July 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

In appropriate post is inappropriate!

Oh, and of course, moar pony pweeeese!!!
Posted Image

Edited by Sesambrot, 23 July 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#5958 Nanorider

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIn the 'mech behind you

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Because of this :

You see, I were a trekkie before all this had happened. :huh:

#5959 XV88 Broadside

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

In truth, if you have to ask, you don't understand and haven't put the interest into trying. No matter, as your opinion doesn't factor into my enjoyment.

I like to think of this in the same way I used to describe the old Grand Theft Auto 3

Grand theft Auto 3 isn't just a game where you go around driving, killing folks, and commiting all manner of criminal acts. It's a really good game where you go around driving, killing folks, and commiting all manner of criminal acts. The popularity of the game wasn't solely due to content, but because the overall experience of the game was so well done.

The current incarnation isn't just a cartoon to show off pastel colored toy ponies (lets be fair, the last incarnations of MLP were glorified toy commercials, and they knew it), it's a really good cartoon that also happens to show off pastel colored toy ponies.

If you have an appreciation for the old Animaniacs or Freakazoid series, you would probably like the current MLP.

And if you think cartoons in general are beneath you, why take an interest in interactive animated experience, which is effectively what most video games qualify as?

#5960 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostXV88 Broadside, on 23 July 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

If you have an appreciation for the old Animaniacs or Freakazoid series, you would probably like the current MLP.

I think it also worth mentioning Powerpuff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends here. Lauren Faust, one of the lead designers of those shows, is also one of the lead designers for the new MLP. That's actually why I started watching - I loved those shows when I was younger, I figured I might as well give it a go.

Turns out, it's absolutely fantastic.

(Heck, The Powerpuff Girls was quite similar in that regard: it had a distinctly girly outward appearance, but once you actually started watching...)

Edited by Tvae, 23 July 2012 - 10:34 AM.

43 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 43 guests, 0 anonymous users