Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#6321 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

Eagleruz, please post the picture in the pony hate thread where it belongs. There are clear rules for ponies in this forum.

oh... and gummy
Posted Image

#6322 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

!

ohh yea

#6323 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Let's set the mood for todays Pony Tale.

"Any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from friendship" Arthur Colt Clark

Be seated everyone, we have a lot to cover today. We're going to study the magic of sunshine. As everypony knows, Princess Celestia is responsible for the rising and the setting of the sun in Equestria. Today we're going to examine in greater detail the Fuzzics principals behind the Celestia-l Mechanics that order and sustain the sun.

AAAAAWWWWWW B), not more maaath! I hate math!

Settle down! This is an introduction to this semesters study of Celestia-l Mechanics, the math comes later, now hush!

Posted Image

Now Class, as we all know, Princess Celestia's cutie mark is a stylized sun with flaring prominences. Trixie can you tell the class what a prominence is?

Yes Ma'am. Solar flares, prominences, and Coronal Mass Ejections are the dynamic stellar state where any electric current, i, creates a magnetic field (the stronger the current - the stronger the magnetic field, and the more energy it contains). Curved magnetic fields cannot exist without either electrical currents or time varying electric fields. Energy, Wm, stored in any magnetic field, is given by the expression
Wm = 1/2 Li ^2. If the current, i, is interrupted, the field collapses and its energy must be delivered somewhere.

A strong looping current will produce a secondary toroidal magnetic field that will surround and try to expand the loop. If the current following the loop becomes too strong, the Double Layer plasma sheath will be destroyed. This interrupts the current (like opening a switch in an inductive circuit) and the energy stored in the primary magnetic field is explosively released into space.

That's correct! Very well done young lady.

The Great and Powerful Trixie read her assignment last night unlike some ponies.

Posted Image

Now Derpy, muffins are for latter. Come to the black board and map out the mechanism of a solar prominence for the class dear.

Posted Image
Very well done Derpy! No Derpy, no chewing, we all have to share the chalk. Now, would somepony like to explain how these charges accrue within the sun? Rarity. Why don't you tell us how electric charges have come to play such an important role in the function of our sun?

The electric potential energy of the rareified ionized gas that surrounds the sun is a plasma cell that stretches far beyond the planets and constitutes a Birkeland Z Pinch circuit throughout the galaxy. The positively charged sun acts as the anode in the plasma discharge.

Very good, I am glad to see so many of you have done your homework.

How could I forget about plasma? Rarity-fied Interstellar gasses are just so naturally fabulous....

Yeah, she's known fer her gases awright, but none of them are whatcha might call fabulous.... :) hahahahah....

Now class, there is no call for that! Miss Apple, see me after class.

Posted Image
Thank you for volunteering Applejack, now why don't you map out the plasma glow discharge interaction with our sun on the black board while we continue.

Now class let's continue. Galactic currents are of low current density, but, because the sizes of the stars are large, the total current (Amperage) is high. The Sun's radiated power at any instant is due to the energy imparted by that amperage. As the Sun moves around the galactic center it may come into regions of higher or lower current density and so its output may vary both periodically and randomly.
Posted Image

One of the earliest clues to the electrical nature of the sun was provided by the observations of the sun's corona during total eclipses. When we question why the sun has a corona at all we are led inexorably to the electrical nature of the sun for our answer. This conclusion was further corroborated by the anode tufting discovered in the plasma cells surrounding sunspots.

Posted Image

But, how do we know that Celestia has anything to do with all of this?

I am glad you asked that Miss Dash. Princess Celestia plays a vital role in regulating the flow of these Birkeland Z-pinch currents. If Princess Celestia were not there to regulate such charges, who knows what chaos would ensue. The intelligent modulation of the sun can clearly be seen here in the Goes 10 Xray Flux data from NeighSA. Here is an example of Princess Celestia repeating the same wave forms over three consecutive days, a feat that could not be achieved by the chaotic natural forces that usually pertain.

Posted Image

One of the important benefits of regulating these charges is the tremendous electrical power that can be collected and directed to manage the equilibrium of the Equestrian System. This power is also the source of immense wealth, as prominences may be harvested for their fusion products.

The z-pinch effect of high intensity, parallel current filaments in an arc plasma is very strong. Whatever nuclear fusion is taking place on the Sun is occurring here in the double layer (DL) at the top of the photosphere (not deep within the core). The result of this fusion process are the "metals" that give rise to absorption lines in the Sun's spectrum.

Posted Image

The net result is a safe and prosperous Equestria that we can all thank Celestia for every day. Not everypony has proven to be as faithful as our Princess has been in the precursor Type II civilizations that have preceded ours. Now class, I want you to spend the remainder of the day writing an essay about what you've learned and expressing your thanks for our dear leader. I will review each one and ask Miss Sparkle to include the best one in her report to the Princess. Your reading assignment for tomorrow's class begins here, http://electric-cosmos.org/sun.htm and here, http://rense.com/general82/intlll.htm

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 07 August 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#6324 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a cute meme for you.

Posted Image

http://i1.kym-cdn.co...285/690/c63.gif

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6325 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Ghostbusters vs Stay Puft Rarity....
Winston as a Zebra...
ALL OF MY WANT!

Many of you do not know it but I'm actually involved with a fan costuming group in Arizona. I'm a member of the Arizona Ghostbusters, we're a nonprofit orginization that promotes awareness for various charity's. Much like the 501st stormtroopers or the mandolorian Mercs.

Samaritan, I don't know where you got that image, but I have to share it.

#6326 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Damn there is no better opening theme then the goodold Ghostbusters-theme. Thank you Samaritan!

#6327 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 07 August 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a cute meme for you.

Posted Image

http://i1.kym-cdn.co...285/690/c63.gif

Respectfully

Samaritan

They're going about that all wrong ,She a sailor,She's in ManeHattan. They get this Mare laid, They'll won't have any trouble.

#6328 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

My boss caught me (after doing all my side work) drawing faces on the paper bags at work and told me not to do any more doodling unless I can produce some "classy art like you'd put on one of those wood stands." So last night I took her pad of sticky notes and this happened.
Posted Image
My assistant manager almost peed himself laughing. My boss just said, "You win."

#6329 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Balius
Posted Image
(Since I'm unwilling to look through all 335 pages of this thread to see if this was posted before sorry if it was.)

#6330 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Librarian Faust Reporting for duty.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6331 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Just found this place. Why do I not know about things like this?
http://eqbeats.org/

#6332 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostBarg12, on 07 August 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Balius
Posted Image
(Since I'm unwilling to look through all 335 pages of this thread to see if this was posted before sorry if it was.)

Yes it has actually, and then someone made this:

Posted Image

Can't quite remember who exactly created it... I think it might have been Captain Fabulous? Man that was a long time ago...

#6333 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostWatchit, on 07 August 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Yes it has actually, and then someone made this:

Posted Image

Can't quite remember who exactly created it... I think it might have been Captain Fabulous? Man that was a long time ago...

My bad, but I didn't feel like combing this massive thread to see if it was indeed here.

#6334 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a ponified slice of fantasy adventure.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6335 Snapplejack

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostGmac, on 07 August 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

no no no no no this is one of the few places i can go and not have this **** stuffed down my throat so go back to one of the 3 websites you all really

Perhaps you don't realize that this topic is buried in the Jettisoned Communication section of the Off-Topic section of the forum. You made the choice to click on the link, and now you are here. No one is "forcing" anything down your throat, especially not a high quality cartoon like this. I think you'll find that we are all just as much fans of MechWarrior as My Little Pony, so please give a bit more thought to your posts.

Also, you accidentally your last sentence.

#6336 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

You mean like mine? So terrible.

#6337 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Or maybe mine? The horror! We're multiplying!!!

#6338 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hon. Gmac;

Here's a little video that will give you a chance to enjoy MLP FIM.

You'll be drinking the coolaid before you know it:)

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6339 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I wouldn't imagine we will have pony guilds. Companies, yes; House units, most likely. I can't think of a faction with guilds. I just fine it funny that the general consensus on the forums is that the Goon Squad is not going to ruin the game by tapping a hiring pool of thousands and working units in all factions so that Goons control the best planets and resources, yet ponies are going to ruin everything. How the hell are we going to do that anyway? I'd rather see a cutie mark on my enemies mech then anything a /btard will stick on his mech (goatsie the end of a hunchies ac?) but nobody ******* about them.

#6340 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostSouske Sagara, on 07 August 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

I wouldn't imagine we will have pony guilds. Companies, yes; House units, most likely. I can't think of a faction with guilds. I just fine it funny that the general consensus on the forums is that the Goon Squad is not going to ruin the game by tapping a hiring pool of thousands and working units in all factions so that Goons control the best planets and resources, yet ponies are going to ruin everything. How the hell are we going to do that anyway? I'd rather see a cutie mark on my enemies mech then anything a /btard will stick on his mech (goatsie the end of a hunchies ac?) but nobody ******* about them.

Well of course we're going to ruin the game.we're putting sissy little make belive girly ponies in Thier big tough manly game of make belive giant robots. Can you imagine how embarrassing its going to be for all the real men here when their down at the local lumberjack bar telling a rousing tale of robobattle to captivated group but having to say a team mate had a pinkie pie paint job on their atlas? Why they'll have their man card revoked on the spot.

Edited by Fabe, 07 August 2012 - 06:47 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users