Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#6621 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

and it still sounds like "open kondom store"

and by the way . . seriously? kondom with a c instead of the k is on the banned word list for the auto filter?

Edited by Stahlseele, 23 August 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#6622 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 23 August 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

and by the way . . seriously? kondom with a c instead of the k is on the banned word list for the auto filter?

******** it, that's all I can hear in the lyrics now >.<

#6623 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostTyzh, on 23 August 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Why does that picture look so familiar?! :D

Yeah, it's for you, gotta get it out there though... :)
I'm quite surprised about the reaction I got for it on dA ;)

#6624 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 24 August 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yeah, it's for you, gotta get it out there though... ;)
I'm quite surprised about the reaction I got for it on dA :blink:

Ooo, yeah. You were featured by some thinggummit! Good job! And you linked to my sketch. So sweet. :rolleyes:

#6625 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 23 August 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

It will always be "Gundam Style" for me.

#6626 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostTyzh, on 24 August 2012 - 07:08 AM, said:

Ooo, yeah. You were featured by some thinggummit! Good job! And you linked to my sketch. So sweet. ;)

Yeah, small FB-community but hey it's a start and good to know people liked it that much. If nothing else I think that picture is at least good for a laugh! :rolleyes:
And yes I gave you credit, I think any kind of artwork deserves credit, especially if ones own art is based on it. I even ended up mentioning another deviant who linked the flower in Taini's CM to me when I was trying to come up with one for her. She said I didn't have to, because it was just a simple sketch and I actually added a lot to it but I even waited for her approval before I really used it.
That's just me though, it may have been a gift but it still has some sentimental value to the person who created it, in fact I'd not want to do anything with it that person wasn't happy with.
Aside of that, it costs me as much as 10 seconds to mention that the basis for parts of my art was made by someone else and it's a way to say thank you to those people, so I'm making a habit of it...

#6627 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

It's a good habit.

#6628 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

Would that all were so well-mannered.

#6629 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

Agree to users above.
+ your name is pure awesome^_^ well I´m your father, Sesambrot.(or more your creator) :)

#6630 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

because this page doesn't have any ponies yet...
Posted Image

I'm always getting a little jealous when I see work like this from other people.
I know I'm not bad, actually improved a lot since I started, but there are others who are so much better and already have their own style.... I kinda envy them. I just hope I'll have the time and patience to get to their level as well someday!

And yeah, my nickname is awesome! :)
The reason I came up with that for a name is simply that I was eating some when I needed a name for my Oblivion-char back in the day, for some reason I stuck to it ever since... ^^

#6631 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostRarestkarma, on 23 August 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

neih neih i say to ponys neihhhh!!!! next thing youll want a carebaer stare sheesh

You're doing it wrong.

Posted Image

There you go.

#6632 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostRunz, on 24 August 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

******** it, that's all I can hear in the lyrics now >.<

bwahaahahahahahaaa sorry ^^

#6633 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Ok... I envy all who is such an Artist like YOU here.
The only I can do is... making bread and cake...
Time to watch MLP, wan to know if its really my kind of show.

#6634 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostBjarnulf, on 24 August 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Ok... I envy all who is such an Artist like YOU here.
The only I can do is... making bread and cake...
Time to watch MLP, wan to know if its really my kind of show.

So you only got interested in the show because of what is going on in this forum?
Nice! :)
And about the post you made in the other topic, you're right, can't watch that stuff in German without getting earcancer! I really wonder how they manage to dig up such horrible voice-actors or at least what ***** told them to talk with what are pretty much "baby-voices" all the time or who is responsible for those ****** translations most of them are just word for word... :ph34r: The thing is, you can give characters a soul/personality with proper voiceacting, with the german voices and script they somehow feel empty.... Also, the songs don't translate well into german...

#6635 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Not completely because of the forum stuff here... a frined told me about it some time ago... And as said, I´m a Anime fan.So I can´t ignore this stuff right?

#6636 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Let us know if you enjoyed it or not.

#6637 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Does anyone else find themselves annoyed with the convention going crowd?

Posted Image

Edited by Sporkosophy, 24 August 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#6638 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostSporkosophy, on 24 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Does anyone else find themselves annoyed with the convention going crowd?

Mostly when you run into people who Take It Way Too Seriously.

And are usually easily ID'd by a total lack of hygeine. I have been Convention Hospitality.

There are times where I believe it would have been hospitable to unspool a fire hose and power-wash the funk clear out to the street, along with it's source.

I may or may not have "accidentally" used a stinkbomb or five on someone's seat to get their BO out of the room and into a shower, but you'll never hear it was me.

Edited by wanderer, 24 August 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#6639 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

The Summer Bronycon I went to this year was probably above par as far as conventions go. Didn't smell too many smelly people, didn't see too much eye-gouging cosplay outfits, and no fans went insane and tried to attack the VAs or Lauren Faust.

I prepared myself for the worst before I went and was pleasantly surprised. I heard some people saying afterwards it was actually very family friendly, and I'd have to agree with them. You could've brought your kids there and not worry about their safety...well, except for a light catching fire, but that's just one of those things.

Hung out with a DJ and his roommates before going to BronyPalooza that evening (I was their ride. One of 10 people out of 4,000 with a car apparantly). I guess you could call them, "convention (the word c o n is filtered? wth?") hoppers." The types of people that go to every convention possible. ComiCon, AnthroCon, BronyCon, etc. From their experience with conventions, they were actually surprised at BronyPalooza that there weren't mind-altering chemicals (why is the word d r u g s filtered?) being passed around, or overly drunk ***-goers getting violent in a crowd of, IDK...500+ people.

I hope it doesn't end up being considered the height of the fandom. Fans in the future should be able to enjoy a convention like that, where they meet new friends, enjoy an awesome concert, and interact with their favorite celebrities.

Edited by Aresye, 24 August 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#6640 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Telepathic genius hive mind, shields, telleportation, magic missiles, lightning, regeneration, flight, tremendous strength and flitting about in large numbers, Alicorns make for truly rediculous foes. But as terrible as they are on the field of battle, they prove themselves mortal and subject to the vagaries of battle time and again in Fallout Equestria, and Project Horizons.

Posted Image

It is little wonder then, when the sisters Celestia and Luna have been elevated to the status of benevolent Demi-Gods in the Greek/hindi tradition.

Posted Image

Even the bearers of the Elements of Harmony take on a Herculean mantle as legendary heros striving to better the world with super natural power.

Posted Image

The world depicted in the MLP FIM reminds me a great deal of the antediluvian and Tower of Babel civilizations adminsitered by the "Sons of God" and thier half Angel, half man prodigies. These moral, and sincere good people were desperate to create and sustain a stable utopia among mortals in order to commute a sentence to the Lake of Fire. Despite having access to a complete description of the current physical order and every irreducible engineering service therein, thier relative righteousness was not equal to the task.

Posted Image

The Fallout Equestria fan fics center around the mortal crusaders such as Lilpip, Black Jack, and company. The reverance they show towards the legacy of Celestia and Luna, coupled with their self sacrificial efforts to save the wasteland leaves me with the impression that they would have made excellant Neighzis. Evil and relative good moral and honorable protagonists such as these can be counted among the best servants a D E V I L could hope for. I have enjoyed these stories quite a bit, but I fear the road they have trod in these fictional epics is paved with good intentions. Half the population of H E L L will consist of people who strove to be the best they could be by crafting thier own moral standards and rejecting the grace of God in favor of thier own outstanding accomplishments.

Posted Image
These stories seem to describe a very real Masonic tradition found here. http://libertyforlif...albert_pike.htm

constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer

I mention this to highlight the strong correlation between the described plan and the lessons that one might derive from the Fallout Equestrian fan fics. Arrogant Moral Degeneracy is every bit as destructive as Arrogant Immoral Degeneracy. The strength of the Sin nature can be expressed through relative good, the Angel of Light aspect of crusader world saving which ultimately serves the fallen creature, not God. Fallout Horizons has some brutal and dark circumstances in the context of imploring everyone to be the best they can be, but it is a system of meritorious works in the strength of the individual, not the gracious extension of a loving salvation offered by the creator. If you ever wanted a picture of the seductive heroism of saving yourself and the world, the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic series and it's many fanfic derivations are an excellent example of the artistry that may be accomplished in this vein.

It's not hard to like these heroes, but they don't exemplify the Christian Ideal of receiving the saving virtue of God.
Posted Image

Thank you for your consideration of this essay. I trust the art, music, and prose were edifying and entertaining.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 25 August 2012 - 03:12 AM.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users