Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#6981 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

meh trolls exist in every fandom /shurg

Had to stop by cause the amount of butt hurt in "other" parts of the board is nuts :-/

#6982 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

well, after you get called the "queen of pony *******" you really just stop caring about what other's think... and yeah, you let yourself feed off the flames because it's funny at that point, that people are soo screwed up that they think just because you like something you want to screw it.

It's just stupidity, and I laugh at the stupidity of it all... it's really simple as that.

#6983 Gaiastrider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

View Postmechasword, on 18 September 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

MLP is the Trojan Horse of the empire of men. It will infiltrate and destroy our city within.
You're not kidding, it's seriously addictive!...Not that I've seen any....I just heard.Some bloke down the pub told me... while we were fighting....about girls..and football..

#6984 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 19 September 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

The one thing I don't like about MLP fans is not that they watch MLP, but the way they go on about it. One person cleverly lets it be known he's a MLP fan and then waits as if almost expecting incoming flame. It's like they thrive off getting people riled up. A weak form of trolling in my opinion. I really don't mind MLP fans they should just stop with this flaming baiting trend.

I think a lot of us pretty much agree with you, but the silent majority doesn't really grab the attention the same way the twits do, so they tend to be the centre of attentions.

I've said it before, but the MLP fan community is both one of the best and one of the worst fan communities in existence.

It's one of the best, because it's a surprisingly brave, dedicated community that has been responsible for some of the most impressive artwork, music, fan-fiction, parodies, and spin-offs that I have ever seen; as any of these countless reposts of other people's Deviantart will demonstrate,

It's a terrible community because huge swaths of the fanbase still don't get that not everyone can be made to like My Little Pony, and that it really isn't for everyone. Lots of people seem to think that irritating Pony spamming is helpful for the community, and worse, lots of childish attention whores simply use My Little Pony as a platform to flail their arms across the internet and get people to momentarily glance in their direction.

I'm happy that the show has such an enthusiastic community, and I'm happy that Lauren Faust is finally getting some credit as an animator (although part of me will always be sad that My Little Pony will always overshadow her spectacular work on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), I also totally realize that ordinary people get irritated by some of this ****, and it doesn't need to be broadcast in everyone's faces. It's a good example of why the Pony Thread was a good idea, that keeps everyone happy - good job to the mods on that one.

#6985 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostProtection, on 19 September 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think a lot of us pretty much agree with you, but the silent majority doesn't really grab the attention the same way the twits do, so they tend to be the centre of attentions.

I've said it before, but the MLP fan community is both one of the best and one of the worst fan communities in existence.

It's one of the best, because it's a surprisingly brave, dedicated community that has been responsible for some of the most impressive artwork, music, fan-fiction, parodies, and spin-offs that I have ever seen; as any of these countless reposts of other people's Deviantart will demonstrate,

It's a terrible community because huge swaths of the fanbase still don't get that not everyone can be made to like My Little Pony, and that it really isn't for everyone. Lots of people seem to think that irritating Pony spamming is helpful for the community, and worse, lots of childish attention whores simply use My Little Pony as a platform to flail their arms across the internet and get people to momentarily glance in their direction.

I'm happy that the show has such an enthusiastic community, and I'm happy that Lauren Faust is finally getting some credit as an animator (although part of me will always be sad that My Little Pony will always overshadow her spectacular work on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), I also totally realize that ordinary people get irritated by some of this ****, and it doesn't need to be broadcast in everyone's faces. It's a good example of why the Pony Thread was a good idea, that keeps everyone happy - good job to the mods on that one.

As i always say,
Best pony is Dead pony
but, Best brony is smart brony

#6986 mechasword

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

MechWarrior is the kind of game bronies like.

Edited by mechasword, 19 September 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#6987 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

#6988 AntiSqueaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 713 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

this thread needs more fillestia:Posted Image

#6989 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostCoralld, on 19 September 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Posted Image

THIS made my day.

Thanks again. It´s almost allways fun to read this topic.(and eat pie^_^)

And Sorry for the behavior of some of the guys in the Merc-Unit I am.... they don´t hate you as they say...ok, some actually do...

#6990 phoenix 536

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:41 AM

Not quite Battletech/Mechwarrior, but still good fun :D

Posted Image

#6991 mechasword

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image

#6992 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Posted Image

That's right. Gangnam Pony doesn't give a s*** about your second-place ribbons, Applejack. Ain't he a real honey badger?

Posted Image

I take that back. He's even worse.

#6993 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

View PostBjarnulf, on 19 September 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

THIS made my day.

Thanks again. It´s almost allways fun to read this topic.(and eat pie^_^)

And Sorry for the behavior of some of the guys in the Merc-Unit I am.... they don´t hate you as they say...ok, some actually do...

Hey pal, what about that pony-shaped cake/bread/*I-don't-remember* you promised quite a while back? ^^

Got something new to show off myself btw:
Posted Image

Another request I got...
Hopefully gonna be able to focus on some ideas I'm having myself.

#6994 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

still trying to make it look good^^ the last looked more like..err.. a dead lamb under a rock...
next try will be postet here,even if it looks worse.
(and i ttry both,bread and cake)

#6995 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

I just have to show this to you guys:
Posted Image
:)

#6996 Demetirus

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

There! Finally finished going through this from the start. Only took me a day or two's worth of free time. XD

Posted Image

Image source by WraithX79.

Edited by Demetirus, 20 September 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#6997 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostDemetirus, on 20 September 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

There! Finally finished going through this from the start. Only took me a day or two's worth of free time. XD

....dude, you're insane.

Posted Image

#6998 Demetirus

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

It's amazing what you can do when you're waiting on your coworkers to approve something for release to the client. ^^

Design: .5 day.
Coding: 1 day.
Review: .5 day.
Approval: ... on day 3.

#6999 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hon. Demetrius;

Congratulations and thanks for taking the time to enjoy the thread. Unfortunately the posts may have degraded somewhat over time as links and pictures fade in and out. This is one of the reasons I now take the time to photobucket the pictures and compose my posts with windows works before posting them online.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#7000 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

We live in a society where saying that something is for girls is the equivalent to saying that something is stupid, or saying that something isn’t worthwhile, I think that’s awful and I think that kind of attitude needs to be changed, and these men are doing it. … They’re proud that they’re forward-thinking and modern enough to look past this misogynistic attitude.” -Lauren Faust

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users