Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#8061 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 12 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I'd laugh my head off if it turned out that nobody liked it over there. :D

Nah, the 2Chan topics and such actually are positive, if not freaking out ravingly so. Looks like they got themselves another brony population in the making. Being foreign, I doubt it'll blitz the ratings, but it's actually Japanese-ish enough to be somewhat familiar.

Posted Image

#8062 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 12 April 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I'd laugh my head off if it turned out that nobody liked it over there. :D

I kind of hoping it does become popular over there just in the hopes it'll **** off all the weebaboo level anime fans over here.

PS; I'm a anime fan myself, I just don't think it's the end all, be all of media and entertainment.

#8063 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

They have some pretty good VA's unlike some other foreign dubs I've heard, so they have that going for them.

#8064 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 12 April 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Montréal needs another emergency Winter Wrap up

Because I'm no pegasus or alicorn, you'd have to fly me over. If you do so, I'd be willing to help in any way I can. :)

#8065 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Did we manage to convert another mod/admin?

So Niko, which pony is your favorite?

*hint: Rainbow Dash is best pony.

#8066 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

We would settle for Luna too.

#8067 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

New song just uploaded:

#8068 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'll just leave this here for the folks who crave any bit of post-S3 pony.

#8069 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

You guys like Pony, eh? Check out Sara Richard's work on DA - she gots lots'o pony there fer ye scalywags

#8070 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 13 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

You guys like Pony, eh? Check out Sara Richard's work on DA - she gots lots'o pony there fer ye scalywags

I have to say, she did -real good- on the Rarity micro cover. Her art style just goes perfectly with the pony, in this case. RD was meh, Twilight good-but-not-great (but honestly, none of the TS micro covers jumped out at me- hers was my favorite).

If Price hadn't done that incredibly awesome cover for the Rarity micro, it'd easily have been tops on my list. As it is, it's a tie with the "Rarity Gets Her Groove Back" cover artwork that he showed off at Unicon.

#8071 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Bronies i need to ask, this thought just came to me and,
i need an answer
(well for when i wake up at least i need sleep lol)...(might explain a few things)

If Luna was on the moon for so long,
while she was there did she learn Japanese?

#8072 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Posted Image

#8073 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

Aand now, eeen Wapanese!

Edited by Stahlseele, 14 April 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#8074 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'll take that as a yes lol

#8075 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

There are no words..... Only pure joy:

Posted Image

#8076 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

While we all have our e-fights, trolls, and ddos attacks within and against the brony fandom, these things are normally completely harmless.

This following story (Told by Tweak, one of our interviewers and editors for the dedicated military site FOB Equestria) shows a different reality. That there are in fact people out there, our own citizens, who intend to harm you over a TV show:

*It's not stated in this story, but Tweak is also an Army drill sergeant.*

Folks, I have spent nine years of my life in the US Army, 27 months of that in Iraq. I've been shot at, blown up, firebombed, hit with VBIED's, the works. Next week, I'm going to be jumping from aircraft going 135 knots at 1,250 feet. But today, something happened that may be the most dangerous... and the most unintentionally hilarious.

Upon finishing said noms, I pay, get up and leave, but stop briefly at the restroom. Once done with my business, I walk out back to return to my truck.

Oh, and Bubba, Skeeter, and Cooter standing between me and my truck probably didn't help too much, either.

Now, I have been in situations similar to this before. Remember, before I was a soldier, I was the nerdy kid in the back of the class, the guy that even the hardcore D&D nerds would pick on. So I was initially okay. I smiled, and made to go around them.
They stepped back in my path.

Again, I'm a little on edge, but nothing major, no fear, only a heightened sense of things. I kept my smile, and said, "Uh, can I help you gentlemen?"
"Yeah, you can not bring your ****-licking fa**ot a** around here."

I then notice that he is staring not at my face, but at my shirt, which bears a certain orange farm-mare bouncing a mug of cider on her head, and reads, "Drink Cider, Learn Nothing."

Now, I would love to say that when the lunged for me, I used my uber-ninja Army training to lock them up in an arm bar and delight in the sharp snapping of their bones, revel in their cries of agony, lick up their tears, etc. But the truth is I never saw it coming, or maybe just never thought ANYONE could be so stupid as to assault a guy for wearing a fu**ing pony shirt. Sadly, I was wrong, and Cooter and Skeeter shoved me back hard, and I got knocked straight on my a**.

Bubba had pulled out a knife. I don't know what kind, only that it was a big fu**ing knife held by a guy whose IQ was outclassed by his shoe size, currently glaring hatred at me for my perceived homosexuality. "Maybe I oughta cut that c**k-sucking tongue right outta yer head, boy!"

Now, it was apparent to me that, upon seeing my shirt adorned with a pastel-colored talking pony, they immediately assumed me to be helpless and weak. Most likely they figured I would cry, beg for mercy. They would then laugh at me, maybe kick me a few times, then go home, drink a beer, laugh at what they'd done. Obviously, they did not, however, expect me to do what I did: reach into my waistband and produce this:
Posted Image
Yes, I carry concealed. Yes, it's a .45 ACP loaded with hollow points. Yes, I'm awesome... or maybe not. See, I wish I could tell you that I said some incredibly badass action movie one-liner. "Make a move, sunshine!" "Wanna say that again, Bobby Ray?" "Drop the knife before I love and tolerate the sh** outta you!" But all I actually said was:
"Get the f**k away from me!" And no, it was not in some Bruce Willis badass gravelly tone. It was more akin to a squirrel who got his nuts trapped in a chainsaw after a weekend at Charlie Sheen's house.

Upon seeing my piece, All three Special Ed-ers had an instant demeanor change. All their hands went up, a couple of shouts of apologies or mumbled "nevermind's", and they ran off, hopped in their truck(yes, it was a rebel flag in the rear window) and screeched off. I just sat their for a few minutes, then drove home, and smoked the first cigarette I've smoked in four months.

Anyway, I got home, smoked, then I went on Skype and tole my buddies about it. Then, I called the cops, a uni came by and took the statement, told me they'd be calling me. Honestly, I didn't have a lot to tell him. I was kinda a bit to concentrated on almost having to kill a man.
Now yes, I hear you. I have been in much more dnagerous situations than that. I've had 7.62mm AK-47 rounds bounce not three inches from my foot, hit a pressure plate IED that was connected to two 155mm artillery rounds, had a molotov cocktail thrown on top of my tank. All of those would rank much higher on the "Pants-Sh**-o-Meter" normally. But this wasn't combat. This wasn't me in a uniform in a war zone, armed with my M4, ready to kill. This was me walking back from dinner. I wasn't thinking what were the best infil and exfil routes from the restaurant, or where the nearest cover and concealment was; I was planning the next story of my f**king fan fiction! Just walking along, thinking of poni poni poni, then BAM! Some inbred hick makes to shank my a**, and I have to pull a ******* gun to defend myself. Good times.

Full: http://www.fimfictio...ankedshot-a-guy

#8077 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hot damn....Glad he's alright and can laugh about it afterwards (even though its not really funny).

So, out of curiosity, who wears pony merch? I don't, for a couple of reasons (one including I have no money) but I have major respect for those who wear it proudly. And even more for the guy with the Pinkie tattoo. :)

#8078 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

i wear this:
Posted Image
Nobody gives me **** for it. Well, nobody dared to so far.
I guess not many dare to give a 125kilo/191cm guy **** over someting so dumb while sober usually.

#8079 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

me again :D
but i bring a quick PMV.
took about 30min to throw together lol

bit its worth it, just for the tune itself :(

#8080 Stahlseele