Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#8261 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Sorry, I have been distracted by the (nearly) brand new german pony thread.

Derpy will tell you how sorry I am.
Posted Image

#8262 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image

If we won't be here exactly when Egomane posts, we won't be able to respond to him right away and he might forget our names... MajorFatBoy, or Adridos? Who are they? ... We mustn't allow that to happen. ;)

... You still remember us, do you?

#8263 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

I could never forget you!

This is the thread, that made me like MLP. ;)

#8264 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Ah well, seeing how somebody locked the MWLL pony thread, i'll go check out the german one here . . see if there's any interesting pony content i did not stumble upon as of yet ^^

#8265 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

You... still... remember us!

Posted Image

Okay, enough foolin' around with gifs. :ph34r:

Nice to see your mod "job" here got you to ponies... whish my first encounter with bronies ended up that way too (decinding between siding with your own blood or strangers over the internet...). Due to the delay, I have just under 2 years worth of fan creations to catch up and boy is it tough, and frankly, impossible work. ;)

Auf wiedersehen and don't forget to send greetings to fellow guys in Germany.

#8266 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

I got to the ponies before I became Mod. ;)

Sometime in last August it hit me with MLP (yay... 1 year celebration coming soon :ph34r:) and I became a mod in late December.

#8267 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostEgomane, on 12 July 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Sometime in last August it hit me with MLP (yay... 1 year celebration coming soon ;)) and I became a mod in late December.

So, "technically speaking", I'm an old-timer compared to you?

Posted Image

Technically speaking... :ph34r: ... :ph34r:

#8268 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Well, as long as we're sharing "How I got infected with the pony virus" stories.....

About a year-and-a-half ago, I was on the net, chillin in the various forums and whatnot, when I started noticing these damned pony pictures everywhere. I blew it of as just some internet joke. Figured it was part of some meme I didn't know about.

But it didn't stop.

Everywhere I went, ponies. No matter what I searched for, what I was looking for, I got ponies. I then found out there was another My little pony cartoon out there, and that it had an adult fan base. Due to that, and all of the utterly ******* horrid r34 images I kept getting in image searches, I figured those darned pesky furries were at it again.

But I kept getting ponies.

After a while it started to **** Me off. It really ticked Me off went I typed "battletech" into you tube, and got the opening audio from the battletech cartoon synced to clips of these god-forsaken ponies. This dumb internet joke/fetish was mixing with everything I know and love. It had to be stopped.

I started looking into the ponies. First I found that the characters were actually pretty cool looking, but they're still My little pony and therefore must suck. I found that the art style of the show was pretty good, but they're still My little pony and therefore must suck. I saw some clips of the show and found the writing and comedy to be really good, But they're still My little pony and therefore must suck...... Right?!?

I found that I started to sort of like the ponies. So I broke down and decided to watch the pilot episode, with the intention of proving to Myself that this was garbage, and that I'd rip on these "bronies" without mercy.

I'm not sure I can describe the strange, sickly feeling I got as I was watching the end of episode 2 when I realized I liked this show, but I can recall the following going through My head at the time:

I can't believe this. I cannot ******* believe I like this ******* show. It's my little flipping pony for ****'s sake! How can it be this good? The writings good, the animations good, the characters are downright awesome, what the hell is wrong with Me!?! Hell, I'm sitting here focused intently on My monitor and all I can think of is "Come on Luna! Don't be another run-of-the-mill villain, just make nice and be good again and ****! How can I like this show?!"

I went to bed, woke up, went to work, spent the day thinking about getting home and watching some more episodes..... For research sake, of course. By the time I got about 5 or 6 episodes in, I came to the horrifiying simple conclusion that once you got past the pastel colors and frilly, girly style, there was a really good cartoon here that had elements in it I haven't seen since the old Warner Bros. cartoons of the 90s.

And now here I am, having just pre-ordered about four of the next issues of the comic, waiting for the next wave of Funko vinyl pony figures to come out....... And hanging out in a pony thread.

Posted Image

...........DUHELL?!

#8269 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 12 July 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I found that I started to sort of like the ponies. So I broke down and decided to watch the pilot episode, with the intention of proving to Myself that this was garbage, and that I'd rip on these "bronies" without mercy.

I kinda did the same with my brother, but being dead set on it being bad already, the 44 minutes of video were reduced to him skipping away almost everything and I ended up having nothing of it. And altough I'd love to rewatch it back then, it was impossible, having no way of watching it without him knowing and you can kinda imagine how well it goes when your younger brother finds out you're watching something like that.

I gave the show a second chance by more or less the exact copy of "Read it and Weep" script with the only exception being that noone gave me the book (MLP) as it was the last resort I got to to kill boredom. Being practically alone for a long time, there was no longer the factor of others influencing my view of the show (MLP community being on fire from EQG announcement and brother, who still dislikes the show, miles away)... and well, after a few episodes, I was there watching the whole show like there was, quite literally, no tomorrow (and being more sleepy than usual in school as a direct result of it ;)).

Wish I did so sooner...

On another note, there's never enough pony-mecha material in a thread like this! :D

Posted Image

#8270 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

Pony mecha you say?

Posted Image

AmIdoingitright?

#8271 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 13 July 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Pony mecha you say?

AmIdoingitright?

Posted Image

That, my friend, is a pony robot, not pony mecha... totally different thing. :)

Here's a proper example of pony-mecha material. ^_^

Posted Image

Edited by Adridos, 13 July 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#8272 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 12 July 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Ah well, seeing how somebody locked the MWLL pony thread, i'll go check out the german one here . . see if there's any interesting pony content i did not stumble upon as of yet ^^

Hehe, the pony thread was the only real reason I still visited that forum. No sense sticking around a dead, abandoned mod who's forum the devs decided to turn into a lulz playground.

Anyway, I've been relatively busy working on 3d modeling and animation. Got an upcoming deployment a week away, so I'll have plenty of time to accomplish the biggest project I've tackled yet: A full CGI fake trailer for Fallout Equestria.

Now, if only rigging wasn't such a PITA issue:
Posted Image

Edited by Aresye, 13 July 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#8273 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

i'm getting it unlocked again.

#8274 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostStahlseele, on 13 July 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

i'm getting it unlocked again.

Why did they lock it in the first place? ^_^

#8275 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

I've been hanging out at the kinda new Star Citizen Pony thread, but don't worry I haven't forgotten this one!

Posted Image

Also, my pony introduction story! My friend kept pestering me to watch it and gave me all the episodes, so I sat down one night and watched them. all of them.

#8276 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostAdridos, on 13 July 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Why did they lock it in the first place? :)

'cause they made Bill of all Posters a Mod . .

#8277 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostWatchit, on 13 July 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Also, my pony introduction story! My friend kept pestering me to watch it and gave me all the episodes, so I sat down one night and watched them. all of them.

All 9 hours? Just guessing you weren't living somewhere near the northern pole with nights that could accomondate for the +/- 18 hours season 1 and 2 have combined. :)

@Stahlseele: Random poster mods, the bane of any forum which is not united in it's views on certain bigger things... :rolleyes:

#8278 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostAdridos, on 13 July 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

That, my friend, is a pony robot, not pony mecha... totally different thing. :)

HMmmmmmmmm, I think I get it:

Posted Image

See? Mechanical equines, with riders.
AmIdoingitrightnow?

#8279 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

Close, but no Cookie.
Bonus-Points for Nostalgia though.
That Series is awesome.

#8280 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hmmm. Okay, I've looked into the subject, and I think I've nailed it!
An equine themed vehicle, that is operated by a driver, right?

Posted Image

DidIgetitright?

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook