Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#8721 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

too obvious, the mood whiplash is too sudden and 5 songs in the space of 20 minutes is too much for me x.x

at least Pinkie got an actually valuable Lesson out of it . .

Edited by Stahlseele, 01 February 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#8722 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 01 February 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

too obvious, the mood whiplash is too sudden and 5 songs in the space of 20 minutes is too much for me x.x

It's actually 6 songs. :angry:

And if you're talking about the mood swing Pinkie experiences when she realizes Rainbow Dash is really not liking the idea of judging some silly contest over enjoying her birthday, I think you can't really call it "too sudden."
While ...some... writers see Pinkie as something with a processing power of a potato, consider a normal person would be in her situation, realizing he/she's sacrificing a good time of his/her friend, just for a 'measuring contest' instead of actually spending that time giving them an awesome birthday... I don't think either would waste even more time proving something to him/herself and would instead do anything in their power to make it right.
Which, in Pinkie's case, meant giving the victory to CS, just so Dash could have a good time.

Posted Image

Oh, and one more video game related news:
Posted Image

Yep, an AoE style pony game is in the works.

Edited by Adridos, 02 February 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#8723 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Loved this weeks episode, but I need to agree with Stahlseele, that there were to many songs. On the other hand, it was a Pinkie Pie plus Cheese Sandwhich episode. Pinkie Pie episodes tend to be a bit song heavy.

With that off the table, I really enjoyed it that Weird Al had the opportunity to play a wacky pony and I hope we will see Cheese Sandwhich and Boneless2 again someday.

#8724 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

View PostEgomane, on 02 February 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Loved this weeks episode, but I need to agree with Stahlseele, that there were to many songs. On the other hand, it was a Pinkie Pie plus Cheese Sandwhich episode. Pinkie Pie episodes tend to be a bit song heavy.

With that off the table, I really enjoyed it that Weird Al had the opportunity to play a wacky pony and I hope we will see Cheese Sandwhich and Boneless2 again someday.

Can't be too many songs, given the nature of the episode. It's Weird Al, after all, coupled with party planning Pinky Pie style. I'm surprised there was any time in the episode not spent in song.

#8725 BigO

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Cheese Sandwich is best pony. He's easily my favorite of the Mane 7*

*yes, I know. Let me have my moment, dammit

#8726 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Japan has Bronies too.

source was the decidedly not safe for anything page sankaku complex.
if you don't mind that, there is some more stuff there too.

Edited by Stahlseele, 03 February 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#8727 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

#8728 BigO

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Grover would be pleased. Whoever did that, well done :angry:

#8729 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

If you like well made 3D animation, old school 2D RPGs, Paper cutout art-style, muffins, or ponies, you'll like this.

Creativity knows no bounds and these two guys have shown a great example of that.

Edited by Adridos, 07 February 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#8730 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

And some daaawww's before the new episode (which may or may not be the first Rarity-Applejack episode since Look before you Sleep).

Best moment of the new episode:
Spoiler

Edited by Adridos, 08 February 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#8731 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

This just popped up in My email....... From My mother. (She knows I collect those Funko figures):

Mad respect to the Danish. I hate to say it, but if this situation happened here in the good ol' U.S. of A, it wouldn't have been handled in such a pleasant and gentleman-like manner.

Also: video is 2:42 long..... 242!!!
Posted Image

#8732 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

So, guys, what's your opinion on these?

Given a redesign, these personalities don't really seem all that bad, proving that the old lady really wasn't joking around like the creators of later generations until Faust came about. Apart from design (which, to put it mildly, failed horribly... even for the 80's standards), what's your opinion on the execution of the original MLP?

Posted Image

#8733 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Given a redesign, these personalities don't really seem all that bad, proving that the old lady really wasn't joking around like the creators of later generations until Faust came about. Apart from design (which, to put it mildly, failed horribly... even for the 80's standards), what's your opinion on the execution of the original MLP?

The big issue was the loss of copyright on older generation ponies- which is why only Applejack remains from the G1 names.

If not, we might have seen a great deal more tie-ins between earlier gens and G4. As it is, we're getting a Breezie episode...

...all I can say is that it's been explored decently in fanfictions.

#8734 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

View Postwanderer, on 12 February 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

The big issue was the loss of copyright on older generation ponies- which is why only Applejack remains from the G1 names.

If not, we might have seen a great deal more tie-ins between earlier gens and G4. As it is, we're getting a Breezie episode...

...all I can say is that it's been explored decently in fanfictions.

I know... although you're forgetting Spike. :(
Judging from the stuff linked above, also Cherry Jubilee and Moondancer.
However, those have only kept their names and race, for the most part.

As far as Breezies go, they're from G3... which is kind of the reason MLP has earned that "bad, toy selling piece of excrements aimed at mentally questionable girls" nickname in the first place. We'll see how they handle it, yet. I'm pretty optimistic about that one, though.

And yeah, I am aware of the tons of fanfics this topic has. Both of the pics I've posted on the subject are from someone's project intended to recreate one such fanfic in comic form.

Oh, lest I forget, some funny art to end the post in a proper fashion.
Posted Image

Well, EQG:RR is officially announced.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well, let's hope Daniel delivers with those whooping 12 songs he's composed for the movie.

And some actual pony art, of course...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, from what non-spoilery things occurred on the today's Hasbro investors presentation, the new EQG is also going to be a theratical release and the brand is going to continue at least until 2020...

... I don't know how to feel about that one.

On one hand, it means ponies being assured at least until I'm 23 and no S3 repeat of making a season that has to double as both an open end and a worthy end to the story... which didn't serve us any good.
On the other hand, it's also rather scary when corporate types get too sure of themselves. I'd be much more content if they were extending the MLP on the go as before, since it prevents the EA/Activision kind of ordeal. Well, I'm definitely going to be interested in how this pans out, fingers crossed.

Edited by Adridos, 14 February 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#8735 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Flutterguy: a Character Deconstruction.
AND IT WORKS!

#8736 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW NOT SPOILERED BECAUSE THE EPISODE WAS LINKED ABOVE, ALREADY.

View PostStahlseele, on 15 February 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Flutterguy: a Character Deconstruction.
AND IT WORKS!

Posted Image

Greatly, indeed. A really nice unintended birthday present, I must say. ;)

Posted Image

Too bad they didn't get a hold of the original Flutterguy, could've given it that last bit towards perfection.

Posted Image

#8737 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Prior to the episode, it was like "This sounds like a trainwreck."

One word turned it around (and it was a good episode)- and that was "Flutterguy". Wrapping the episode around that bit allowed for a lot, like a good reason for Zecora, nods back to S1 episodes, and Big Mac singing with FLUTTERSHY replacing him.

#8738 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

The latest show helps FIM fanfics with a better view of fluttershy's motivations. I won't care much for MWO as a game untill comunity warfare and private lobbies, but it is a usefull tool for gimping up images like this one.

Posted Image

Introducing the Clans as a mech pack was very disapointing, but if it keeps PGI alive long enough to realize this IPs potential, then I will call the decision brilliant in restrospect. Untill that success is realized join me and Fluttershy in venting against the Clan invasion with this pic of a Balius mech and a Scorpion light tank in a possible MWO game of the future.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#8739 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

Fluttershy episode, good. Flutterguy episode, awesome.

#8740 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostAdridos, on 11 February 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

One thing I remember from G1 are the villain than the pony themselves.
They seem so generic and lack of personality, outside of the pilot episode, compare to the much colourful villains.
I really like Sting and Katrina.

Each character generally have 1 gimmick and that's it.
Like Surprise's gimmick is to jump out and shout "surprise!" or something of equivalent, once that card is played she acts like any other pony in that episode.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users