Vet Pilot(Since 1989) Looking For A Unit

3 replies to this topic

#1 Drozhenbane

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I am looking for a unit to join. I want to be in the FRR because the story line is appealing to me. I don't know a ton of the lore behind the game(learning more as I go), but I have been a fan of the series since Mech 1. I played extensively during Mech 4(all expansions including Mektek). The only mech I missed out on was lonewolf. Simply because I didn't have an Xbox, and had a very limited budget. I do have copies now, and will play them when I get a chance(kids wanted a 360 and a friend gave me his duplicate copy of lonewolf).

Some stuff about me:

I am a 30+ year old man. I game around 20+ hours a week. I am a loving husband, dedicated father of three children, and an author of several books. I work full time, and try my best to game full time while balancing my family and other obligations.

What I am looking for:

While I tend to lean on the hardcore side. I will not skip out on a dance recital to play a game. Family is first to me, gaming second, and occasionally the third option of work gets in the way. I will do my best to be a constructive member, but know that I still have obligations, and respect that.

I am an adult and I game as one. I use profanity, gripe about politics, and laugh about the funny things my kids do. I use voice chat software, am computer literate, and have a desire to learn. I don’t disillusion myself into thinking I know everything, and offer advice and help to anyone that asks. I don't have a problem taking time out my day to help someone. Some of my closest friends were "Dumb Noobs", that I took the time to teach, and later became excellent gamers. A little patience goes a long way.

I keep the drama to a bare minimum(I get enough in the real world). Gaming is my escape from reality and a time to have fun. I do not just jump ship to the next big thing, and tend to ride it out in the trenches(good times or bad). Once I make my decision, I will be a member for many years. If you post a simple "you can fill out an app here" post. I will ignore it. THIS is my application. If your leader/recruiter doesn't have time to speak to a potential recruit, then I doubt I would enjoy my time with your group.

#2 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

You sound like a good candidate for the 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimentë. We are a group on the smaller side, most of us close friends IRL. We all have families, jobs, etc. and love to game hard, but we don't treat it as a second job. We have good times, good jokes, and won't gripe at you for missing practice night. If you are interested sign up at 1strdr.enjin.com and just X-mas tree the application. If you would like to know more, just shoot me a PM. Also check out some of our recent actions to get an idea of our....group dynamics :)

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=J69HNHecXNE

Edited by Surtr, 08 February 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#3 Drozhenbane

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the video link Surtr. It gave me quite a bit of perspective on how you guys play. I will look into your unit. :P

#4 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Welcome to the 1st RDR, man. Looking forward to dropping with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users