9M

6 replies to this topic

#1 BunnyWabbit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Anybody else feel like the 9M has seriously lost something since the last patch? Maybe its just my imaginations but I swear I cant maneuver nearly as well. I play my 9M as a brawler but now it just feels lack luster. I find myself getting caught on things significantly more while trying to outmanuever my opponent.

Thoughts? Am I crazy or is anybody else getting this feeling?

Edited by BunnyWabbit, 08 February 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#2 Drakenn

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 74 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...12182-05022013/

All awesome variants had thier torso twist speed and amount of twist increased.

turn speed was reduced, though

EDIT: for clarity

Edited by Drakenn, 08 February 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#3 BunnyWabbit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yeah but it says only 5% thats like half a basic perk. To me it feels signifcantly not as manueverable. Thats why I am asking others if they get the same feeling while piloting. Maybe that 5% is enough of a difference for me to lean towards not wanting to play it anymore after owning it for 3 months.

#4 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Have you been driving a PB? If so, the 9M feels sluggish in comparison. And yes, for some reason PGI decided to nerf the 9M's tuning rate.

#5 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostNRP, on 08 February 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Have you been driving a PB? If so, the 9M feels sluggish in comparison. And yes, for some reason PGI decided to nerf the 9M's tuning rate.

"for some reason" = PB

#6 BunnyWabbit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Nah I usually go with my ddc and catapult. I also used to frequent the 9m a ton however I havent played as much mwo recently. That being said I have been doing great in my ddc and cat however I havent broke 500 damage in 10 games in my 9M since the patch. The 9M is the only mech Ive ever killed all 8 in with 1400+ damage so Im just like thrown off from how It went from great a week ago to pretty bad for me this week.

#7 Yarvoo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure, I've been running my 9M almost constantly since the patch, and have gotten top damage on the team much more often than not lately.

The change to LPL is just amazing, though I think the main thing is that I'm finally running an XL engine.

3x LPL and 3x SRM4 with the missile tubes that the 9M has means that you have a 60 damage alpha that is almost completely pinpoint.

I've flanked entire teams and 1 shot a couple mediums in the rear CT, followed up by 2-3 more kills, even if I'm alone on their side. Sure that is their fault for not being aware enough, but nobody expects a freakin 80kph awesome with that kind of firepower to come charging out of nowhere.

Hell, I even decided to guard tunnel in frozen city one game. A jenner and commando came though, and I had no help from my team, but managed to kill them both. Once you get some practice aiming the SRMS at lights, they do some MEAN damage.

This is just an example of one of my better games, though the majority of them has me at around 500-800 damage.

As for the drawbacks of an XL engine, I've noticed that it's quite rare that I die from side torso destruction, and when I do, it's with such overkill that I would have died 3 seconds later anyways.

Posted Image</p>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users