Is There A Way To Simplify The Controls?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Orhov

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

As questioned in the title. I am especially looking for something to combine the turning for the upper and lower parts of the mech. The way it is at the moment the controls are just annoying to me.

#2 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Well... You absolutely require the leg turning, otherwise you would not be able to move in any direction other than straight ahead / backward. That would be completely futile.

Now, you could try clearing the controls that turn the torso... and use your leg turning to control where you face.... but I think you would find that futile also. Plus, I'm not even sure that would force your torso to stay aligned with your legs anyways...

The reality of this game that you are up against is that torso twisting into a different direction than what your legs are oriented toward is fundamental to how a battlemech is employed in combat. You will not be effective if you do not come to terms with that. One of the most frequent and necessary maneuvers is to circle around your opponent (with your leg direction controls), while facing your torso toward him (and often twisting other torso parts into the line of enemy fire to spread the damage around on your mech).

If you do not truly wish to come to terms with that necessity of control, then I would suggest that you should look to other games, as this one will be totally frustrating for you.

#3 Orhov

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

I understand why such advanced movement patterns are necessary and which benefits they give. Yet it seems that it makes it more difficult to move across the map for new players like me, than it has to.

Some toggleble mode for something like that could be really helpful, without giving up the advanced movement options.

#4 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

You'll be playing at a huge disadvantage if you played with torso and legs, you'll leave your self open and not able to hit anyone when they run around you. Take the time to learn the game and the controls.

#5 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Try to make use of the center mounted map and the icon representing your Mech and its view cone. With this very important terrain/ Mech direction/ cone of view information you can pilot the Mech. And in combat this information can help you quickly regain your bearings.

Edited by XphR, 10 February 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#6 Nonsense

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Use an xbox controller or go back to playing games on your xbox/ps3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users