What Would Your Mech Be For The Daily Commute?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Imagine the year is 3050, you have a desk job a couple of miles away but also happen to sit on 25m cbills and decide you want a big stompy robot to use as your vehicle for the morning commute. Which would you take?

I'm mostly leaning towards my trusty jenner, not only can it jump jet but it shouldn't be too bad to park though I guess it must go in sideways in a normal parking space. That it does 150kph easily is not bad either but still carries enough firepower to ruin the day for all other commuters if they get annoying.

Flea, firestarter and spider all seem like interesting options, commando is unfortunately too ugly. The spider would certainly be good if you have lots of jump jets, no worrying about traffic anymore as you can simply jump between it. Cicada is a bit big but certainly fast enough and it has a certain grace to it.

The urbanmech while it has a certain charm it is not fast enough really, it needs to do 30mph at least to not be annoying, preferably 70 so you can take it on a motorway which rules out most bigger mechs. I also imagine they would struggle with underpasses

So, which mech would you take?

#2 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image

I guess not fast enough, but 1-shotting everything in your path would be fun. :)

Edited by Bagheera, 10 February 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#3 Jale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Awesome or Raven, maybe Sunder. ( IS )

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Deffinitely the Spider 5D.. fast enough with 151,5 kph (with speed tweak)... has Jumpjets to get over just about any obstacle... plus it has the ECM onboard if if Comstar are standing at the side of the road with a radar trap.

Parking it is even less of a drag, as it isnt as wide or long as the Jenner.... You just have to make do with the fact that due to the round center torso it has in MWO... you will look like a mixture between Uisan Bolt and a pregnant woman during your commute.

#5 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

I walk, or ride my bike, trying to save the planet and all that jazz.

#6 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 11 February 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

I walk, or ride my bike, trying to save the planet and all that jazz.

Ah, but a fusion engine gives off less CO2 than you do.

#7 kiltymonroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Forget the 'mechs, I'm driving a Savannah Master.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users