9 replies to this topic

#1 Rigiroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 350 posts
  • LocationValhala

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

So I recently bought a Muromets and am loving it. I was wondering, however, if I get Fast Fire in the Elite Tree, will the triple UAC5s still fire without jamming or will it mess up the Ultra Perfection? ;)

#2 nungunz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Any time you fire again before the weapon cooldown you have a 25% chance to jam as it always does. The cooldown is just 5% faster

#3 Rigiroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 350 posts
  • LocationValhala

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

When you chain fire 3 UAC 5s, they recycle at the perfect time to not ever jam. I'm wondering if getting Fast Fire will mess up the timing and cause jamming to come back.

#4 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Really? Your Muromets does NOT EVER jam with the UAC5's on chainfire? I am happy for you if this is true, but skeptical that a cannon-addict like myself has not experienced or heard of this phenomenon before.

#5 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostKingdok, on 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

Really? Your Muromets does NOT EVER jam with the UAC5's on chainfire? I am happy for you if this is true, but skeptical that a cannon-addict like myself has not experienced or heard of this phenomenon before.

If he places 3 UACs in chain fire the cycle time is a little above 1.1 seconds so they fire at maximum dps with no jams. He wants to know if fast fire pilot perk will reduce the timing below 1.1 second. I don't know if there is any cushion on the chain firing currently my guess is that this should still be slightly above 1.1 seconds in the cycle time but I think the best answer would be from someone that has already taken fast fire and runs 3 UACS.

#6 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

I will try this tonight... The 3 x LBX10 Muromets was getting a little stale in the mechbay, anyway. Fast Fire is definitely engaged.

#7 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

I run 3x uac 3x mlas and never jam when chaining with fast-fire. I tend to hold down the key though and let go if i want to stop which sometimes sends a few rounds into the scenery, maybe you jam earlier if you tap the key continuesly?

#8 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:01 AM

View PostKingdok, on 11 February 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I will try this tonight... The 3 x LBX10 Muromets was getting a little stale in the mechbay, anyway. Fast Fire is definitely engaged.

Sonofabiscuit... I tried that last night and never once did my cannons jam. Of course, I wasn't well pleased with the slower rate of destruction that resulted. I switched to link-fire and started cracking heads after a while -- jams and all.

Thank you for sharing this experience.

#9 DrVulcan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

I use 3uac chain fire with fast fire all the time. You can jam, but it is very rare, and about the same rate as before fast fire.
The fast fire actually makes jamming less likley overall if I understand how double shot works, as you have a more forgiving time for second shot before it hits the critical overshoot time where you jam a lot, yes I know, counter what you would think, but its true as you have to factor in chain fire weapon switch time (remain s the same) and human mouse click events (remain the same) that can short the cycle otherwise, yet the time you have where the double shot is able to jam is now gone from 1.1 seconds to around .55 seconds due to rate of fire change.

long story short, fast fire good.

#10 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

My 3x UAC5 on chainfire jams for me almost every match. Could be a latency thing I guess.

That's why I run 1xGauss 1xERPPC 1xPPC now, and love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users