Spirit Cats & The Clan Protectorate

13 replies to this topic

#1 Spungie

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

So I finally decided it was time to pick a side. I could't find a house to side with at first, so I began to read up on Battletech lore and decided I liked the Spirit Cats. Following their history on the Wiki, it seems some of the spirit cats eventually allied with house Marik forming the Clan Protectorate.

So I joined house Marik.

Is there anything obvious that I have got wrong here? Does anyone have anything else to tell me about the spirit cats not in the wiki?

Once I know my story its time to quit pugging my life away.
I'm a Jenner master and I'm working towards Cataphract elite.
My allegiance lies with House Marik now?

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Glad to have you. :P

#3 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Well, in the pursuit of full disclosure, you did make the wrong choice. The Spirit Cats will not form the Clan Protectorate until 3138; the current timeline year is 3050. So you'll have to wait quite a while for the day when your particular favorite part of Battletech lore will come into the timescale. My recommendation is to check the Outreach http://mwomercs.com/...um/60-outreach/ section of the forums, and see what Clans are out there now. If you liked the idea of Spirit Cats, you're probably more of a Clanner and less of a "freebirth".

With that being said, if you change your mind, house-marik.net is a wonderful community that welcomes all new players.

#4 the huanglong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSomewhere else.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostSpungie, on 10 February 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

So I finally decided it was time to pick a side. I could't find a house to side with at first, so I began to read up on Battletech lore and decided I liked the Spirit Cats. Following their history on the Wiki, it seems some of the spirit cats eventually allied with house Marik forming the Clan Protectorate.

So I joined house Marik.

Is there anything obvious that I have got wrong here? Does anyone have anything else to tell me about the spirit cats not in the wiki?

Are you me?

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Or you could join the Nova Cats, which the Spirit Cats broke off from and eventually recombined with after the loss of their leader. I would offer you a hand of recruitment, but as far as I know, nobody has formed a Clan Nova Cat for MWO yet. :)

#6 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 10 February 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Or you could join the Nova Cats, which the Spirit Cats broke off from and eventually recombined with after the loss of their leader. I would offer you a hand of recruitment, but as far as I know, nobody has formed a Clan Nova Cat for MWO yet. :)
not all Spirit Cats recombined with Nova Cat.

#7 Spungie

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostEmCeeMendez, on 10 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well, in the pursuit of full disclosure, you did make the wrong choice. The Spirit Cats will not form the Clan Protectorate until 3138; the current timeline year is 3050. So you'll have to wait quite a while for the day when your particular favorite part of Battletech lore will come into the timescale. My recommendation is to check the Outreach http://mwomercs.com/...um/60-outreach/ section of the forums, and see what Clans are out there now. If you liked the idea of Spirit Cats, you're probably more of a Clanner and less of a "freebirth".
With that being said, if you change your mind, house-marik.net is a wonderful community that welcomes all new players.

How typical of me, I do all that research and miss the date! I'm not sure if I'll still be playing MWO in 100 years time...
As much as I DO like the clans (Thor, only reason) I'm not fond of the True-born. Even as a Spirit Cat I'd be a Freeborn!

Anyway I'l get myself onto the Marik website and see what's happening.

name='Pariah Devalis' post='1873568' timestamp='1360554619']
Or you could join the Nova Cats, which the Spirit Cats broke off from and eventually recombined with after the loss of their leader. I would offer you a hand of recruitment, but as far as I know, nobody has formed a Clan Nova Cat for MWO yet. :o

[size=4]Oh yeah, of course! The Nova Cats are present day! A Nova Cat Clan would be bad***, but I'm not Clan leader material. xD

Since you've all made me feel welcome I think I'll stick with Marik. Besides, liberty is COOL!

#8 WiIIiam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

After the Falcons second invasion of the IS the other clans started to come back as well. Nova Cats were in the first group of clans and when they came back they tried to make the Spirit Cats Galaxy rejoin the Nova Cats and in doing so killed the Galaxy Commander of the Spirit Cats, when this happened some of the Spirit Kitties rejoined Nova Cats but they lost alot of their strength in the clash. Some broke off and went wondering the IS, at this point I for one quit playing the Spirit Cats in the TT clicks game and picked up The Republic of the Sphere faction.

#9 Polignac

• PipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Since you've all made me feel welcome I think I'll stick with Marik. Besides, liberty is COOL!

Glad you're sticking around! Who doesn't want to wear purple, anyways?

#10 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Purple shirts all around!

#11 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 10 February 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

not all Spirit Cats recombined with Nova Cat.

Yes, the traitors will be found.....

#12 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Oh Clammer RP in a House Marik forum...

#13 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostSpungie, on 11 February 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Plus, tbh, we don't have a clear decision from PGI on how Clans will be handled and just what level we as players will have with them in terms of being able to play "as clan" anytime in the near future.

#14 wombat22x

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

I was hoping a nova/spirit cat clan would be on here. i played the table top mech warrior game and most of my 'mechs were spirit cats, i also love the lore behind them, i wish they had all the clans availible, be interesting to see the main clans and thier sub clans together

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users