Clan/omnimechs Have Special Cbill/bv Costs?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I just want to make sure, they don't right?

I am looking at my Tech Manual and don't see anything in it about there being one.

Edited by Norris J Packard, 10 February 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#2 KalebFenoir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Clan mechs aren't built by manufacturers who require payment. Instead, they're built because...well, as the Clans require a mech, they tell the Clan mech builders 'I need one', and the Clan mech builders say "Okay." and the deal is done. They don't have money, or consider cost, because, since you are of the Clan, it is expected that you will do your job to the utmost, for the glory of the Clan. To demand payment is... Freebirth-ish.

I'd assume that in-game, should they ever make it here, they'd have to come up with a new system to allow you to appropriate Omnis and other Clan mechs (unless we get to the point where Clans start selling them to IS pilots). Maybe something like, instead of earning C-bills, you earn 'Honor', which at certain levels will permit you to pilot certain mechs? You'd have to earn this 'Honor' by fighting of course, but it'd be added into the earning of C-bills so you wouldn't really notice it till you went to buy Clantech.

Ideally, you wouldn't 'deplete' your Honor buying a Clan Mech, but you might have to raise more honor to open alternate variant types, or certain weapons for the pods?

I'm just spouting steam at this point, but it's just an idea I had that I kinda hope that IGP/PGI impliments when they add the clans. I hate the idea that you can buy a Mad Cat with C-bills and outfit it that way. I'd want it to be more interesting.

#3 Slade Deleportas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Or are you talking from a TT perspective Norris? Like for a campaign or something. Rule of thumb is X2 cost for any Clan equipment trying to be purchased by I.S. units etc. More if you want to restrict items etc. And yes their BV is much higher, but that's all factored in etc.
If you are wanting to build a mix-tech chassis and are trying to figure out BV by hand, good friggin luck.. My suggestion would be to go get Solaris Skunk Werks, an awesome freeware 'Mech design program that does all that pesky BV stuff for you. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users