14 replies to this topic

#1 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

I see so many Conquest games where it's basicly just a deathmatch, but I also see quite a few games where the winner of the deathmatch can't find that last guy and loses due to points. Here's an example!

The right thing to do when there's only one enemy left and 4+ of you is to spread out and start capturing multiple points. And by that I mean, if you are behind in points, take the node away from the enemy but don't even take the time to convert it to your team. Move on to the next one, it's more important that the enemy has NO bases than you have all of them if they're close to winning. Also, even when you do actually turn it to your team you can save time by getting off as soon as it turns blue. The bar doesn't have to be full to gain points.

#2 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

the only problem with this post is that the people it applies to most are the least likely to come on the forums and read it :o

#3 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostApoc1138, on 11 February 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

the only problem with this post is that the people it applies to most are the least likely to come on the forums and read it :o

lol so true

#4 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

LOL

But it si so much fun in conquest to be the only 1 or 2 guys left on your team and still pull out a win when your pug teamates suck so bad or try and play like its assault. we won 5 matches in a row with me and my friend running a raven/cicada team combo where we were the only ones left on our team.
:o B) .

Edited by Slepnir, 11 February 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#5 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

Or better yet remember to set choice to assault only to not play stupid half assed mode! ;)

#6 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 11 February 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Or better yet remember to set choice to conquest only to not play with stupid half-assed base-rushers! ;)

Fixed.

#7 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 11 February 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Fixed.

Oh I forgot some people can't be bothered to defend the base that those rushers are rushing, so it's somehow their fault. I get it some people want TDM and this "conquest" mode is the temporary fix. I am curious how many people only end up in "conquest" when they forget to switch. And seriously, enjoy your mode, I just wish the game would remember my choice to opt out of it.

#8 buttmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

who drops in conquest matches anyway?

#9 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postbuttmonkey, on 11 February 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

People who forget to switch... ;)

#10 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 11 February 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

People who forget to switch... :D

I don't switch unless I drop with people that want me to ;)

#11 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostIndoorsman, on 11 February 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

I see so many Conquest games where it's basicly just a deathmatch, but I also see quite a few games where the winner of the deathmatch can't find that last guy and loses due to points. Here's an example!

The right thing to do when there's only one enemy left and 4+ of you is to spread out and start capturing multiple points. And by that I mean, if you are behind in points, take the node away from the enemy but don't even take the time to convert it to your team. Move on to the next one, it's more important that the enemy has NO bases than you have all of them if they're close to winning. Also, even when you do actually turn it to your team you can save time by getting off as soon as it turns blue. The bar doesn't have to be full to gain points.

Yesterday, played a game where it was 6 of us against one Spider, but they're up by 4 cap points. I'm sitting on one in my Stalker, and I tell my team "Don't chase, spread out and cap." They reply "Last one," and I watch on my minimap, raging at them occasionally, as they derp around chasing after the spider until the counter reaches 750.

I was both sad and angry after that.

#12 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Me. It's good for PUG gaming, because it's much easier to herd them and make them stay together when there's multiple points on the map already marked out.

#13 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostMackman, on 11 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yesterday, played a game where it was 6 of us against one Spider, but they're up by 4 cap points. I'm sitting on one in my Stalker, and I tell my team "Don't chase, spread out and cap." They reply "Last one," and I watch on my minimap, raging at them occasionally, as they derp around chasing after the spider until the counter reaches 750.

I was both sad and angry after that.

Ya it only takes 1 who understands how to play conquest to beat an entire team that doesn't, unless that 1 is an assault mech ;)

What I do in my assault is get between 2 nodes we control and head to the 1 the enemy goes for, you can get there in time to engage them and it doubles your odds.

Edited by Indoorsman, 11 February 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#14 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Conquest > Assault

#15 Indoorsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 792 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostJman5, on 11 February 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Conquest > Assault

Except those times when it's 1v1 and you're dead, and they're having a cap off and you can't do anything about it.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users