5 replies to this topic

#1 Low351

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

If you happen to review MC costs/balances etc, I'd like you to take this suggesting into consideration.

Normalize your MC ratio so that it's easier to understand what real world value it has.

For example, 10,000 MC would be $10.

I can only think that the current setup is intended to cloud that conversion, Since $50 gets you 12,000 MC. But it's no stretch for anyone to do the math, easy as it is, to determine that the new "Pretty Baby" hero mech costs you $25.

I submit that by using a normalize ratio you could generate more revenue from tightwads like myself. I'd like a new mechbay but I'm not going to buy 1,250MC on a whim at $6.95 US. It's just high enough to overcome my impulse buy inertia. But oddly enough if I could buy MC in $5 increments, say 5,000 MC for 5$ and get a mech bay for 1,250MC at that rate you'd have my paypal transaction already.

The real reason behind that is I find myself stuck with odd quantities of MC that aren't very useful.

If you adopt this new ratio you can price things much simpler and generate more micro transactions, don't forget the example where someone skimmed 1 penny from multiple account so it wasn't noticeable and made millions.

If you make your MC easier to purchase in small increments it will be more likely that the micro transaction far outweigh what you make from inflates prices with awkward ratios.

Remember my example, I won't spend $6.95 on impulse it takes a lot more hmming and hawing, but $5 you've got me...

#2 Kargarok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 131 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Huh, I find no lack of things to spend my MC on. (keep in mind you can use MC to tranfer XP from mech to general) Also, I actually like that the more you spend the more MC you get. Even if I don't wanna drop $50 on MC I like knowing that if I do I could get a better rate of exchange. The current system works for me. Of course if they wanna drop it to the rate the OP is stating I wouldn't complain either.

#3 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Well, the ability to quickly do the math is a nice perk. Normalizing this would require a price change across the board visually, not statistically.

Thing is, MC is not a 1:1 conversion. Because you get a discount for the more you buy, current, $1 can range from getting you 180-250MC. At that conversion, the 6000MC Pretty Baby would have to be reclassified as 24000MC (which you could see easily as being $24 if you bought your MC in large quantities, or as much as $33.33 is you bought your MC piecemeal.)

Right now I have 24,000 MC in the bank. That would have to be adjusted. I bought all my MC at the best conversion, so this would have to be updated to reflect the new pricing scheme. 24,000MC would become 96,000MC. ($96 worth)

#4 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Why normalize on the US dollar? Why not the Krone, Sterling, or EU paper?

Honestly, they don't do that because they don't want to be biased towards anyone geographic region AND because if it's not an easy translation you are more likely to over spend.

#5 Low351

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

You bring up a valid point Aegis, the more you spend the more you get so it'd have to be included as a "bonus" not just get 12,000MC for $50. And as you stated they'd have to review what you paid and have left prorate it and adjust.

I'd still like it better if you could generally say that 1000 MC is $1. If you spend $10 you get 10,000 MC if you spend $20 you get 20,000 MC + bonus 2,500MC. But in the end it's worth $22.50...

@focuspark I don't like the USD thing either, I'm Canadian, and as with eBay.ca I hate it when things that originate in Canada are sold in US funds but I can't argue that. The US market is vast compared to ours.

#6 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostLow351, on 11 February 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

@focuspark I don't like the USD thing either, I'm Canadian, and as with eBay.ca I hate it when things that originate in Canada are sold in US funds but I can't argue that. The US market is vast compared to ours.

And moderate compared to the EU and soon smaller than China's. Should all online currency be done in RMB? I surely hope not.

Anyways, between what Aegis and I have stated, people should understand why MC isn't an easy translation to USD or any other currency.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users