10 replies to this topic

#1 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

The Topic really says it all, my introduction to the series was back with Mechwarrior2 with the Falcon-Wolf Refusal War, and have been fairly attatched to the Clans since...
But as I play this game, I find myself enjoying working with the limitations of what weaponry we have (the minimum range on LRMs being a big one) and am not really looking forward to that changing with Clantech...

Am I alone in this?
-to reiterate, I am not-not looking forward to the mechs (I want a Hellbringer/Loki so bad >.<) but to the Tech-Adjustments.

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

If it can be leveraged with balance, either externally like asymmetric combat or internally with damage/heat/range numbers, then I am looking for it eagerly. Hell, canonically, a clan ERPPC hits like a Gauss Rifle. I would gladly take it at 13 damage instead of 15. Clan LRMs are incredibly good, but perhaps they will be toned down in damage so that they do a proper 1:1 instead of the current LRM's 1:1.5 Missile:Damage setup. Or leave as is with original damage numbers, but make it 8v5, or 12v10. Sure a disconnect hurts the IS team, but a disconnect hurts the Clan team more. Being down a couple mechs from the start will also partially mitigate the raw firepower/speed advantages of the Clan tech.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 12 February 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#3 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 12 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

The Topic really says it all, my introduction to the series was back with Mechwarrior2 with the Falcon-Wolf Refusal War, and have been fairly attatched to the Clans since...
But as I play this game, I find myself enjoying working with the limitations of what weaponry we have (the minimum range on LRMs being a big one) and am not really looking forward to that changing with Clantech...

Am I alone in this?
-to reiterate, I am not-not looking forward to the mechs (I want a Hellbringer/Loki so bad >.<) but to the Tech-Adjustments.

You're too late. Teamwork and VOIP are clantech, goons are the clans.

Can you feel the burning irony?

#4 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

My idea for the implementation of Clan tech: All clan mechs are stock trial variants.
(Don't hate the clans, just enjoy the current tech level)

#5 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

Looking forward to the newsfeeds, since it is unlikely that we will be playing with Clan mechs any time soon.

Edited by Stormwolf, 13 February 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#6 Gammanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I am looking forward to it in one way, but it sort of sucks that we will be abandoning an interesting time period so quickly.

I just don't see the need to rush, it's like skipping 1939-43 in a WW2 game just because there is some cool stuff that appears in 44--45.

Edited by Gammanoob, 13 February 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#7 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

No Clan Tech till the fall?SO WHAT! I do not need a Timber Wolf to fight for Clan Wolf.

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

The best thing I can see for ballance (my opinion of it anyways-I am frequently wrong when it comes to what would ballance better) -would be the different team sizes, but what worries me is the fact that I do not want to see Clantech get 'ballanced' to IS tech.
-Latter in the story lines the Clans began to abandon some of their tech, it was just to expensive, but as has been posted in other threads, and for quite a lot of reasons pricing ballance would not work well.
I mostly just do not want to see the factions that brought be in to mechwarrior either get nerfed for ballanced or abandoned for imballance....
And yes, I am well aware that we have quite a bit of time till they show up, but I am also aware of how quickly time can slip by.

#9 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

don't worry, Clans won't come into the game until Spring 2014

;-)

#10 SGT Unther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Well according to the lore the clans never attacked with more than half the number than what the innersphere defenders had. They did that for the first 4 waves anyway, I haven't read the full Blood of Kerensky series yet.

So it might be 8 IS vs 4 Clanners, if the devs really want to stick to the lore. However as suggested before, a Innersphere company vs a clan binary (2 stars) would be more realistic.

#11 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

It is not the clans themselves that I am worried about (I cannot wait for Wolf in Exile to be a group to sign on as.. If I am good enought that is -in my own opinion if no one else's) but the Tech -stuff like the no minimum on LRMs that are currently part of the strategizing... and wondering if the Catapult has LRM or SRM is kinda fun in a way- Clan tech comes and theyll always have LRMs and there will be no safe-zone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users