25 replies to this topic

#1 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Is anyone else noticing that the mechs seem to stay in match longer?

I exited when the match was over, and it was a significantly longer wait before the mech was available again.

Is anyone else seeing this?

#2 Taron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yes, i noticed. I guess it's because we now have that long awaited aftermath chat.

#3 Qicmee

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Yes, and I agree it's a bug. When I exit a match after the fight ends, my mech should also exit. Seems obvious to me.

#4 Mandrar Vlade

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I've noticed this too. It would be nice to have the mech released as soon as, or very shortly after exiting the match, especially for a newer player like myself that has a limited selection of mechs to choose from. Two really, and I swap the engine when I switch. Personally I don't think it should take 60+ seconds to free up the mech after the drop is over.

#5 Ramses2020

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's not a bug, it's just poor design principles. Your mech is not locked until the match ends, but when the session expires. The session stays active while there is anyone still in-game. Everyone gets autobooted 30 seconds after the match ends.

#6 erumaron

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Could we please address this?

#7 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

This has been an issue since I got into CB. It was getting better, and had almost vanished by last patch, but now wth the new End of Round screen and "aftermatch" chat it's back up to slightly worse than I ever saw it in early CB. Between that and the delay after everyone dies before it computes the end of match screen, the MCT (Match Cycle Time) for those of us running a single mech is approaching 2-3 minutes. It needs to be addressed, it's unacceptable.

#8 LarkinOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

While they should release mechs right when the final score screen is put up, I kind of like the slightly slower pace.

#9 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, but between this, and the fact I've been on about 85-90% failing teams tonight because everyone's busy fapping to the "fixed" weapons, and running long range builds, it's turned it into about 1.5-2x the grind it was previously..

#10 MADSix

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

I had a mech not usable for at least 2 mins after I closed the end of match screen. I was annoyed.

#11 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

The delay has always been silly, now it is worse. If the match is over, and I exit it, the mech should be available then.

#12 ElliottHD

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 86 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm all for the mech staying unavailable in the case of an early disco, but after death/after the match the mech should release with the player, not the session. Though, I'm not sure how easily it would be coded into the game to alert the server of the difference between early disco, and post death/match over. Just seems to me they need to make a few tweaks to the system. All in all, despite the overly long Mech lock-up, I like the new info screen at the end though. I just wish I could take that time to look at the info, then drop and get my mech out as well.

#13 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

It is a lot longer wait now. I think that even after letting the game time me out of the after-match screen - the wait was still longer than normal when I was the last person dropped from the match.

It would be nice if the mechs could be released once the end-of-match screen appears.

-KM

#14 Xerx

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Today I´ve played the caustic walley map and at the of a round as my team just won the match, my Raven RVN-3L overheated and stuck in the map even the match was long over and even when I restarted the whole game it was still being said, that it is still in that match. Later, it appear in my mechlab as "ready" but all the C-bills and EXPs I´ve earned in that match as the game stucked were lost. Anybody had the same problem yet???

#15 liku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

same issue there.. had to restart client

#16 Army000

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Ok.
Not only does the end of match screen sometimes take a long time to come up. (Sometimes 30s) but also the mech in the mech bay seems to be holding longer (around 1-3 minutes).
This combine makes for ~3-4 min wait times between matches.

Is this correct?
Are the hamsters fed?

#17 Elder Thorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,422 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

i guess, it stays locked up as logna s someone is watchign the end of match screen, and i wouldn't be surprised if some people only watch it as long as possible to lock up other people's mechs

#18 TriOptimum

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

This is bothersome. Have the mech released a certain number of seconds after the match ends or something, but having them tied up for minutes while people chat is annoying.

#19 Undergoose

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

*click*...This Battlemech is still in a match.
*click*...This Battlemech is still in a match. *sigh*
*click*...This Battlemech is still in a match. *drums fingers on desk*
*click*...This Battlemech is still in a match. "Grrrr."
*click*...This Battlemech is still in a match. "AUUUGH!"

*CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK*...

Searching...

*stares at screen*

Failed to find a match.

*sigh*

:)

Just letting the devs know that I've noticed a bit of an increase in the time it takes a mech to get out of a match.

#20 sh4rpedge

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

*signed*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users