#1 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

We here at the Eridani Light Pony Mercenary Corporation (ELPMC or just [ELP] in-game) are an honorable and sometimes noble bunch , ranging from bronies, wanna-be bronies, and non-bronies to people who just say "what the **** am I doing here?". Whether you are a fan of My Little Pony (MLP) or just looking for a bunch of people who will make you look good, there's a spot for YOU!

The ELP is a laid-back group comprised of people who enjoy nothing more than making fun of each other and beating the **** out of anyone who dares stand between us and our ponies (though emphasis on the making fun of each other part: if you can't take a joke, you won't survive in the ELP).

You may be asking yourself, what are the goals of the ELP? Are they a super competitive unit or casual? Can they even be a cohesive unit? How active is the Corp.? Why do they worship ponies? Just who is to blame in charge? Well, look below for your answers!

Is the ELP a super competitive unit?

Having FUN is our primary goal. If we're not having fun, then there's just no point to stompy robots. And if we are having fun, then we shall double the fun! This being said some of us have lots of fun being competitive and we have had success in the competitive circuit, including winning the coveted Golden Hunchie in the first ever player-run tournament! Not everyone has fun playing competitively, though. Good news! You don't have to! ELP is a mix of competitive and casual players with dedicated TS drop rooms for each. Looking to just get on and shoot other robots? We got that. Want to drop in a large group with coordination, drop commanders, the works? We've got that too. Practice, scrims? We've got you covered.

If you're playing competitively, you will answer to the ranking officer on the battlefield, but you will also have the opportunity to give your own input. You may be asked to play a role (scout, support, etc.) or use a specific 'Mech, but you will never be forced to do so. We won't require that you train for a specific role, 'Mech, activity, or anything. However, you must be prepared for any decisions that occur as a result of that. For example, you may be passed up when a support Catapult is needed over your scout Jenner.

Can the ELP be a cohesive unit?

Yes we can! Since we have our own TS server with dedicated MWO drop rooms for both competitive and casual gaming, communicating with your fellow players in game is as easy a jumping in a room! Having some problems with piloting your 'Mech? The ELP has 'Mech jockeys with experience that date back to closed Beta (and beyond for you die-hard table-top and Mechwarrior fans!) and would be happy to give you some pointers! Not happy with your current 'Mech build? The ELP will do it's best to find a configuration that suits your playstyle in the current game environment, with dedicated internal forums for 'Mech build suggestions. Fancy trying your hand at Drop Command? Let us know and we will be happy to let you try it out in our practice sessions.

How active is the ELP?

The ELP has groups dropping in-game throughout the day. Our members range across the world, primarily focused in European and North American timezones, meaning there's almost always someone playing. That being said, we all have lives, and in the end this is just a game. Therefore, the ELP does not have a required activity level. Only have time to play on the weekends? No problem. As long as we know that you're still alive, you will maintain an active status. However, extended inactivity may result in a shift to inactive/retired status. Come back and you'll be returned to active duty with little to no questions asked. Primarily, we want you to do what you want.

Just who is in charge?

Hylius originally founded this unit on November 1, 2011, and is still the MWO Commanding Officer (CO). He is supported by two Staff Officers: Niyata Raastad and CrunchTheRobot. The overall ELP administration consists of Hylius and HappySpawn (co-Founder).

Why do they worship ponies?

Well, that depends a lot on the member. And some don't! But it generally boils down to we actually, unironically like the show. This is not a troll unit.

Okay, you convinced me. Where do I sign up?

Just head on over to our website, make an account, and fill out an application. Our application process is very unique and extensive, involving us asking a lot of questions, answering yours, and generally getting to know you and letting you learn all about us. We take this long time, approximately 1-2 weeks, to make sure that not only are you a fit for us, but that we're a fit for you. Our primary goal remains having fun, and it's hard to have fun if you don't get along with every one.

So why not come and check us out!

Posted Image

Important Contacts:

Hylius: Admin/MWO Leader
HappySpawn: Admin
Niyata Raastad: MWO Leader
CrunchTheRobot: MWO Leader
Kilandor: Recruiter
Riktor: Recruiter

Edited by Hylius, 28 April 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#2 ELHImp

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Somebody please kill me right now. :)

#3 VoxeL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

LOL WUT

Edited by VoxeL, 09 November 2011 - 05:29 AM.

#4 Argatson Krieghammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNot hiding in your closet

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

I am guessing this is just a stop-gap until you can play Hell's Horses.

#5 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...out THERE

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

No, it is not. However, if the merc corps are limited in size, we may expand and create the Hell's Ponies.

#6 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

This sounds lulzy enough for me.

#7 Calico Red MacNaughton

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

Would you be surprised to know there are quite a few crossover MLP:FiM/Battletech fanfics out there?

Edited by Calico Red MacNaughton, 06 November 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#8 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

View PostCalico Red MacNaughton, on 06 November 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Would you be surprised to know there are quite a few crossover MLP:FiM/Battletech fanfics out there? What can I say, I like adorable things and heavy weapons.

Everything is better with ribbons.

#9 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

View PostCalico Red MacNaughton, on 06 November 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Would you be surprised to know there are quite a few crossover MLP:FiM/Battletech fanfics out there?

I....I'm not quite sure how to respond to this.......you have a link to one?

Edited by Jaegerwolf, 06 November 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#10 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Is this the second or third My Little Pony unit?

#11 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

Not exactly sure. However, our site went up on November 1, so we're calling that our "official" formation.

Edited by HappySpawn, 06 November 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#12 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

I want to see a match between you guys and the Battle Bronies.

#13 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

the question is: would they actually fight?

#14 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

It would be a regular Iron Pony competition, that's for sure. I'd be game.

#15 HappySpawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Bring it on. I'll such horrible things to them they'll...um...beg for friendship? Wish for hugs? Eh, I'll just do horrible things.

#16 Argatson Krieghammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNot hiding in your closet

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

View PostDamocles, on 06 November 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

the question is: would they actually fight?

not if they are staying true to the show

#17 Calico Red MacNaughton

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Lets see, the most famous crossover fic would be The Thessalonica Legacy

My personal favorite is The Dread Chitin . Although not directly a BT crossover, it uses the technology in the setting.

One is currently being written, and is available in its partially complete form, in Falling Stars

#18 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Wow, people are weird.

#19 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

View PostDihm, on 07 November 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

Wow, people are weird.

Hell, every fandom is weird. Look at it this way, unlike the Twilight folks at least their show has a plot......

#20 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostCalico Red MacNaughton, on 07 November 2011 - 07:07 AM, said:

Lets see, the most famous crossover fic would be The Thessalonica Legacy

Read through this and I have to say its a decent read. Good detail, maintains the character of both universes, nice bit of reference and background. Its basically Far Country but doesn't want to make you throw the book across the room.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users