Joy To Mouse

3 replies to this topic

#1 Yanoshiku

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

I have Joy to Key program and i want to know how to make MWO read my Joystick as mouse.

Right know what i set in this program does not applies to MWO itself.

Any tips?

Edit: I have T Flight hotas

Edited by Yanoshiku, 14 February 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#2 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

The T flight HOTAS is a cheapo TM stick? ie it doesn't come with Thrustmaster's programming language: TARGET?
If not, your only real hope is software that lets your stick control your mouse.
This can be done with Autohotkey - I have made a proof of concept script, but due to the way AHK reads the mouse (Or rather, ways I have found of reading the mouse via AHK) it is actually not that trivial to do.
Also depends on how you want to map the stick. Do you want relative or absolute mapping?

#3 Eyecon69

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe *** in Saskawat

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Make sure all your controllers (such as joystick, and mouse) are functioining.

Open joy to mouse

Choose a button that you wish to use by double clicking it on the list. You will enter a new menu from which you can choose to assign a Keyboard, Mouse or Special function. (generally when I move joystick to the left this will highlight the "LEFT" button under the Joystick 1 tab, but yours may differ)

When the new menu opens you can select different functions

I move the slider for cursur movements to the left (I'm at about 50)
Posted Image

click ok and when your done setting everything up it should look something like this.

Posted Image

I also cleared out any movement related joystick items in MWO.

Edit don't forget to save, you will need to open joytokey and run it in the back ground in order to play.

Hope that helps

Edited by Eyecon69, 14 February 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#4 Yanoshiku

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 47 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yes, Thanks. Im running on win7 and apparently I needed only to open as admin and it worked fine.

And about targer - Yes, its cheap thrustmaster stick + throttle and i dont have "target" software but set works really nice considering its low price. So im happy with it. =]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users