Auto-Aiming Streaks Instead Of Homing Streaks

1 reply to this topic

#1 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

I’d like to suggest that a streak-lock causes the missiles to auto-aim rather than home. Streaks would launch in the correct trajectory to hit the center of the target, similar to an aimbot. Once fired, streaks would fly unguided in a straight line like ordinary SRMs, perhaps with a tightened spread.

I believe that auto-aiming is a good balance between canon rules and the demands of real-time gameplay. One of the main problems with streaks is that every missile is guaranteed to hit, largely negating the target’s speed, distance, size, and pilot skill. In theory it’s possible to dodge streaks by going behind terrain, but in practice, light w/streak vs. light w/laser battles are always won by the streaks. Adjusting streaks to auto-aim will allow streaks to remain accurate while giving quick and/or skilled players a sporting chance.

#2 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

my brother had made a suggestion similar to this before, but i don't think he ever posted it.

i think if this happens they should also increase the flight speed of streaks a bit so that there is at least a small chance of them hitting at max range. although that is stuff that needs to be tested and balanced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users