Sniping - General Build And Play Tips?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:37 AM

it is also useful to know which open ground can be good to use for example in river city you can go north toward the water at the edge of map and to attack you the enemy has to go to the open shore you can shoot them as they close in it will hurt them

#22 TheLightHorseman

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostKempner, on 15 February 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

How can the increased zoom not be worth it!? Really? :(

If so that's really good to know because I was thinking about getting it when I have 5k gxp.

Actually, I enjoy the advanced zoom. Comes in handy when running a ER-PPC LCT-PB stealth armoured mech.

The island in Crimson Strait can be great for sniping. (Provided you spawn on that side of the saddle)
Every single map I have played in that map every one bull-rushes the saddle of the mountains.

If you do have a Pirates Bane, either load it with stealth armour and 1 ER-PPC, or 2 light PPC's, and you get one ton left over for extra armour. BUT. If you do use 2 LPPC's, be aware that they have a minimum range. They're much better for heat though.
The ER-PPC creates so much heat it's not funny.

#23 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Well all mechs have a weakness, but for a non-ECM Sniper you want to overpower targets at long range. You want them to take a lot more damage than you at long range because this backs them down or if not you get a kill. This keeps them from closing in with short range weapons.

ERPPCs are bugged and very hot. Sometimes you shoot them, hit center and do no damage. Sometimes they are very effective, up to you. ER Large always work so you take 5-6 and 10 extra DHS if you can and run hot. When you overheat you get behind something. Fire your lasers in groups that do not incur a ghost heat penalty. Then pick a spot where you can put your er range to good use and not take fire from mechs other than the ones you engage. That's the trick, go 1v1 or 1v2 against mechs that are out-ranged and out-gunned. This will make you a primary target early on so stay aware of the battle.

Edited by Lightfoot, 28 October 2017 - 11:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users