Killed By "ammo Explosion" Using Guass Rifle

9 replies to this topic

#1 Tw1stedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

On the combat log it said my cause of death was due to "Ammo Explosion." The thing is, the only ammo I have is gauss ammo, which is not combustible, and my gauss rifle is in my arm. I was going to die cause I was the last player on my team surrounded by 5 people but i find it interesting that my death was caused by that, mainly because the gauss rifle explosion had to destroy 3 components by itself in order for this to happen. Also interesting is that because it was called "Ammo Explosion" by the combat log it should be safe to assume case would have prevented it.

P.S. Also interesting in that game I actually saw a streakapault! crazy, it's like I'm in closed beta again lol. (of course our team had no ECM :/ and he seemed really keen on hanging out with 2 raven 3L buddies with ECM and streaks too)

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Their ammo exploding in your mech?

I've seen some discrepancies as well. One screen says ammo explosion, the other says engine explosion.... This is only the first run of that end screen. Report bugs, give them a few patches to iron it out.

BETA!

#3 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

you didnt have AMS did you?

#4 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

When a gauss rifle is destroyed it has a 90% chance to explode.
The rifle explosion is classified as an "ammo explosion" because that's the set of rules it follows.

#5 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 16 February 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

When a gauss rifle is destroyed it has a 90% chance to explode.
The rifle explosion is classified as an "ammo explosion" because that's the set of rules it follows.

Does an Arm explosion travel inward or outward? That is something I've been wondering for awhile.

#6 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Explosions travel towards CT.
Legs/arms->Side Torso->CT

#7 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

I died to a gauss rifle explosion in my Dragon's arm yesterday. I thought it a bit looney, but, whatever. I do think that it should probably be looked at, though.

#8 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

Gauss rifles explode, it's PGI's ******** way of balancing Gauss cats, since, it only affects mechs who mount it in their arm since you cannot CASE weapons in arms.

Though, honestly, it really did work, sort of, most people are too dumb to mount CASE in their gauss cats and a lot of them stopped using it for AC/20 cats but that's an issue for another thread.

#9 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postharuko, on 16 February 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Gauss rifles explode, it's PGI's ******** way of balancing Gauss cats, since, it only affects mechs who mount it in their arm since you cannot CASE weapons in arms.

Though, honestly, it really did work, sort of, most people are too dumb to mount CASE in their gauss cats and a lot of them stopped using it for AC/20 cats but that's an issue for another thread.

Gauss rifles explode 100% of the time in TT. In TT it's also a 20dmg explosion, but we have doubled internals here...
If you CASE the attached side torso for arm gauss it will prevent the explosion from spreading to CT.
CASE prevents ammo explosions from spreading past the CASE'd section, the ammo can be in an arm and still be blocked from CT via CASE.
CASE+XL is, however, useless at all times.

#10 Tw1stedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

I understand what happened and I have no problem with it really in this case, I just thought it was interesting. I don't think it was a bug either. (although having an explosion in an arm should never travel beyond the adjacent torso under nearly circumstances because the arm flew OFF but I was dead anyway if 20 damage blew up 3 comonents lol)

Edited by Tw1stedMonkey, 16 February 2013 - 02:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users