Noob Question Help Please?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Circumnavigate

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationForest, California

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hey guys just got the game liking it a lot! Just bought 3000 MC to help support the company. I was interested in customizing the appearance of my Mech but had a question before I spend some cash if you guys could please help me out.

If I buy a pattern and colour for my Mech, in my case I want to buy the zebra pattern and some colours, are these just a one time use for that one Mech I am buying them for, or can I reuse the customization stuff I buy for all of my future Mechs?

I ask because I bought some customization stuff in Planetside only to realize it is one time use, quite disappointing.

Thanks for the help guys.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

You actually picked a good time to start in on customizations: the devs have just added re-usable customization options. If you want to be able to re-use a customization, simply pick the option that says "unlock," rather than "single use." It'll be clearly labeled in the 'mech lab. :)

On that note, welcome to the game! It's a lot of fun, and it feels good to be playing a BattleTech game again. A word of advice on MC, however: buy a few extra 'mech bay slots, and save a good chunk of that MC to convert excess 'mech experience into general experience in order to unlock the modules. See you on the battlefield!

#3 Circumnavigate

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationForest, California

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the help.

So if I get catapult tiger for 750 it will only work for catapults and not the other mech types?

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yep. At least, that's my understanding.

Edited by Void Angel, 16 February 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#5 PapajIGC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Correct, but if you decide to revert to default camo (for whatever inconceivable reason) you will still be able to change back to Tiger camo at a later time without needing to spend more MC. Colors are bought permanently, across all mechs and all camo patterns (so if you bought the Phranken White for 1,000 MC you can use it on any mech, with any camo pattern, at any time).

My suggestion is this however, unless you're really into the game and have dropped a lot of MC on mechbays to collect mechs, the one time use skin is a better choice. Why is this? Because if I recall correctly, the single use camos are 1/10th the price of the Chassis camo unlocks, and because you won't have a terrible amount of MC to be spending on tons of mechbays to run many different mechs, the chances of you using the single use Tiger camo 10 times is highly unlikely. Especially considering there are only 4 variants for each chassis on average, and usually only one variant of the four that is worth using at all much less customizing the paint for.

Oh, and (imo) there is no better camo than Phranken, so why bother changing it once you bought it (again, my opinion).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users