Crazy Meteor Footage From Russia

8 replies to this topic

#1 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Happened a couple hours ago...probably related to the DA 14 asteroid that is about to pass Earth tomorrow (and very close at that). Interesting how the media isnt really mentioning this asteroid that could wipe out a huge chunk of the East Coast...one thats flying closer to us than some of our highest satellites.

Edited by Lyoto Machida, 15 February 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#2 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

The invasion begins...

#3 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Realy? It hasnt been in the news wherever you are? Strange. Ive seen this going up and down the news the whole morning here.

Same with the meteor "2012 DA14" which is to pass Earth today. It has been in the news here since about 1 week. Maybe it is time your news crewes started concentrating on imprtant things instead of Politicians :) .

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 15 February 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#4 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Supposedly over 400 people injured. Oh, well...I've lived a good enough life, I suppose. Better than a lot of others out there...could be worse I guess if I had to go now.

#5 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 15 February 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Supposedly over 400 people injured. Oh, well...I've lived a good enough life, I suppose. Better than a lot of others out there...could be worse I guess if I had to go now.

Over 1000 people now...

Wow, the power of Mother Russ... :P sorry.. Nature.

#6 Gemini Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 203 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

i should let you all know that earth is way, (as in 10,000 plus years), overdue for a BIG ONE to hit us. and when i mean big, i mean 1 mile in size and bigger. trust me when i say we are ****** when they come. we have literally NO defense of any kind against them. when they do come, blame the politicians and the rich.

#7 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostGemini Bull, on 15 February 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

i should let you all know that earth is way, (as in 10,000 plus years), overdue for a BIG ONE to hit us. and when i mean big, i mean 1 mile in size and bigger. trust me when i say we are ****** when they come. we have literally NO defense of any kind against them. when they do come, blame the politicians and the rich.

No point in blaming anyone at that point then...something that size hitting us will cause so much dust that we'll all be dead.

#8 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 16 February 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

No point in blaming anyone at that point then...something that size hitting us will cause so much dust that we'll all be dead.

Yup, not only that.

It will still cause as much or even more damege if the meteor is hit by a few Nukes before impact... Just because a Meteor has been split up, does not mean that less mass will be hitting Earth... just that the impact crater will be spread over a much larger area (instead of only hitting New York with a blast radius down to South Carolina and up to Maine, it will be hitting large parts of random areas in North America, South America and Europe with each impact crater sending only slightly less material into the atmosphere than the initial one would have).

#9 Gemini Bull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 203 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRegina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

actually the nuke thing has been tested sort-of, and has proven that nukes don't have the destructive power needed to blow up an asteroid/ meteor. what makes this worse is that there are several types of asteroids/ meteors. so unless we have studied them enough to know what to use, we might as well point the finger at someone.

Edited by Gemini Bull, 16 February 2013 - 04:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users