Anyone Else Notice The New Mech Game Coming Out?

26 replies to this topic

#21 trebormills

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 133 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Saw this the other day- Ill keep an eye on it for sure.

MWO is my current obsession however

#22 StompyBot

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hey guys just to let you know that MekTek Studios has hired Jack Mamais the Creative Director of Heavy Gear Assault.

Jack Mamais was the Director of Heavy Gear II and MechWarrior2: Mercenaries when he was with Activision.

He went on to be the Games Director at CryTek on Crysis and Far Cry.

If you have questions for Jack Mamais please feel free to ask him on our FaceBook page:
https://www.facebook...eavyGearAssault

Matthew Steinke is also working as Tech Director who has produced many AAA games such as Mortal Kombat, Splinter Cell, etc..

Thanks for all the great feedback here!

#23 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Coming onto another game's site and promoting your game shows low class.

#24 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostTempered, on 16 February 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Looks like the guys from mektek are making an arena style Heavy Gear mech game. From the looks of it, melee combat might be included.

http://www.heavygear.com/

Competition is always good for the consumer Posted Image

Already knew there was a Heavy Gear game in the work but its nice to see some more news. I like the how they're going with Heavy gear arena since that might wrok better for a fast paced online game then the north Vs south war of the main game.

#25 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostFabe, on 19 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Already knew there was a Heavy Gear game in the work but its nice to see some more news. I like the how they're going with Heavy gear arena since that might wrok better for a fast paced online game then the north Vs south war of the main game.

Actually, this was a big let down for me. I've been waiting for a good single player mech warrior game since MW3. I really don't think the franchise has come any where near its potential in a single player experience. A heavy gear single player would have been a good filler till someone came out with MW5.

Edited by Tempered, 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#26 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostStompyBot, on 19 February 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Hey guys just to let you know that MekTek Studios has hired Jack Mamais the Creative Director of Heavy Gear Assault.

Jack Mamais was the Director of Heavy Gear II and MechWarrior2: Mercenaries when he was with Activision.

He went on to be the Games Director at CryTek on Crysis and Far Cry.

If you have questions for Jack Mamais please feel free to ask him on our FaceBook page:
https://www.facebook...eavyGearAssault

Matthew Steinke is also working as Tech Director who has produced many AAA games such as Mortal Kombat, Splinter Cell, etc..

Thanks for all the great feedback here!

You guys are really doing the crowd sourcing thing horribly. You put up a bunch of donate buttons with very little information to backup your assertion of making a game. No advertisement to speak of either. Your announcement video is also very cheesy and devoid of information. If you want people to take you seriously, you really need to give out more information. Show more of what has been accomplished to date on the game. If nothing has been done yet, then you have jumped the gun on asking for donations.

#27 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostTempered, on 20 February 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Actually, this was a big let down for me. I've been waiting for a good single player mech warrior game since MW3. I really don't think the franchise has come any where near its potential in a single player experience. A heavy gear single player would have been a good filler till someone came out with MW5.

I was speaking more on that arena is a better fit for a online game not that the game its self was online only. But I think I agree with you,A single play mecha game would be great to have.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users