15 replies to this topic

#1 Dagnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 906 posts
  • LocationNew Hampster

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

If you havent seen this game you should check it out. Basically it is a coop sci-fi oreintated game which involves you being a.... well let me post the snippit of the games story here:

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.
Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.
Come Tenno, you must join the war.
(https://warframe.com/game/story)

https://www.youtube....d&v=g1QBWgvmgbc

Posted Image

It is a great game to play when you need a break from big stompy mechs. There are "clans" in this game buit it acts more of a organized friends list. The game is still in closed beta but you can sign up now without a key (Until Feb 19th) as they are doing a "Open beta weekend". I would defintley suggest checking it out if your into the whole sci-fi third person shooter. Graphically, the game is extremely polished and the combat is very smooth for how intense it gets for a beta that's awesome. The community in this game is fairly small right now but if they move this game in the right direction it could get big.

There is obviously a in game store but everything you can buy there, as of now, you can also grind for the blueprints of in game so you wouldn't need to actually buy anything. The do have a founders program going on atm, I know I plan on jumping on that.

Anyway, my name on there is Dagnome so if you do check it out feel free to send me a friend request and ill shoot things with you. ;p

Edited by Dagnome, 17 February 2013 - 02:51 AM.

#2 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

nah sorry, didn´t catch me...i got an invite for Warface though^^

btw, interesting how smooth the Cryengine 3 can run xD

#3 Dagnome

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 906 posts
  • LocationNew Hampster

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I got 15 beta keys to give away if anyone decides they are interested.

#4 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I just started playing,so far I like it. It's a bit easy so far but I've only done about 4 missions but I'm hoping the difficulty will ramp up a bit once I'm done what I assume are introductory stuff for newbies.

#5 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

It's definitely an interesting PvE game that has the hidden challenge of trying to complete the missions undetected.

If players will be able to design custom missions the game could really get interesting.

#6 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

color me interested, i will take a CB key if you are giving them out.

#7 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

I believe the game is now in open beta, so you can download it directly from their site or from steam for free.

#8 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Yes it's open beta, and it's on Steam.

If you're first starting out:

1) Excalibur warframe is a solid choice
2) Use the 50 free plat on either additional warframe slots, or reactors (don't use them yet)
3) Ditch the stock Mk1 rifle after you have 15K. Buy the upgraded one
4) Run MPrime several times to get the rewards. Stack vitality
5) Mods can be "fused" together to make more powerful cards. Stack the same kind together for 100% bonus.
6) Shield mods are stupid rare drops right now.
7) The mob/mission level has *NOTHING* to do with your warframe level. Don't leave Mercury for quite some time
8) Your first blueprint comes from the boss run in Mercury. It cost 15K+Materials+12hs to make. It will upgrade your blade. Once you've got it, you'll never use the original blade again.
9) Don't spend extra money on fusions with fusion cores. Right now the cost is waaaaay to high. Either sell or just hang on for a bit.
10) Stick with your team. Hold Shift to run, hold shift+space to run up the wall (anywhere you see like scuffed flurecent paint is somewhere you need to do this). Mark a mod drop with G to let others know to pick it up. Everyone gets the same loot drops.

The founders sale is still going on. The 49.99 nets you even higher plat than the strait 49.99$ plat purchase, in addition to a Excalibur Prime warframe (cool skin, already supercharged). Excellent deal if you end up liking the game.

Edited by Oni Ralas, 28 March 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#9 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

thing is, if you are going to get founders and started with excalibur, do a new account and get it on that one, you might lose your progress, but otherwise you will just have 2 excalibur suits.

#10 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postdal10, on 28 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

thing is, if you are going to get founders and started with excalibur, do a new account and get it on that one, you might lose your progress, but otherwise you will just have 2 excalibur suits.

It's not a horrible thing to have two (double the downed states you can have) - or just sell it for 25K like I did :D (the original, not your prime).

Loki is fun, Ash is lots of fun. I wan a rhino

#11 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

currently working on the rhino side myself. issue is the boss who drops all the components is a mid level boss. i am still a low level character.

#12 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I gave it a try with one of my corps mates and it's actually not that bad, it's pretty interesting. The early game is a lot of running and gunning but I'm fairly sure that it'll require a bit more patience and discretion as you progress.

Although I was still in "MW:O" mode while playing it, every once in a while I'd hit 'q' to make people's names pop up, then remember "oh yea, different game" xD

#13 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Played a bit more, and I have a pro-tip for people. Two, actually:

1) When a team member is down, you have precious few seconds to revive them. Stand over them and hold 'X'

2) When you see "Ancient x" back the hell up and don't stop firing. The toxic one releases a cloud of BS on death that hurts your health directly. I watched 3 people die trying to take a few out with swords. Didn't end well.

#14 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

So,any one interested in grouping together sometime?

#15 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

note when you are trying to capture a captive, kill them, then hold X while they struggle on the ground. took a group of mine like 10 minutes to figure that out.

#16 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have it installed and tried it. It crashed a few minutes into the training area. I intend to try it again but haven't yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users