Brightness & contrast, disabled?

5 replies to this topic

#1 edward78

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

So, are the sliders not enabled? They are not movable. System info ASUS Intel H61(B3) Micro ATX DDR3 1333 LGA 1155 (P8H61-M LX) Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz 3 MB Cache 1333MHz 4 Gig DIMM-DRAM NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 512 DDR3 memory (PCIe 1.00 x16)

#2 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

No their not enabled and/or implemented yet. They will be in the future.

#3 Propwrecker

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

What a bunch of ****.... I mean what the actual ****.. Its so dark on my game I can't see ANYTHING and I cant change the brightness?... A VERY simple option.... screw this lol, I'll go play something that works...

#4 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostPropwrecker, on 15 February 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

What a bunch of ****.... I mean what the actual ****.. Its so dark on my game I can't see ANYTHING and I cant change the brightness?... A VERY simple option.... screw this lol, I'll go play something that works...

Well, some "night" maps are supposed to be dark, and you're supposed to use night vision (N) or thermal vision (H) to see.. Other than that, I switched my driver to go from "use application settings" to using the driver settings..increased my brightness and contrast, and it made the game cleaner and sharper (to a degree). Just turn up your system brightness, or turn up your monitor brightness.. just remember, there are night maps that you're not supposed to be able to see well in without using speical vision systems in your mech.

#5 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

They're disabled due to a known bug with the CryEngine itself. Adjusting or letting you adjust them would cause serious problems for your client.

#6 Propwrecker

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 15 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

They're disabled due to a known bug with the CryEngine itself. Adjusting or letting you adjust them would cause serious problems for your client.

No no no.... Brightness and contrast are simple tools. Fix it.... It's pathetic. I have NEVER been on a game where adjusting brightness (your not even messing with graphics really) can cause a client problems, I have never heard anything so stupid in all my gaming life.. and it's been a long one lol. I understand this is beta... but this is alpha territory, and should have been fixed then.

View PostCmdrPoopyPants, on 15 February 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Well, some "night" maps are supposed to be dark, and you're supposed to use night vision (N) or thermal vision (H) to see.. Other than that, I switched my driver to go from "use application settings" to using the driver settings..increased my brightness and contrast, and it made the game cleaner and sharper (to a degree). Just turn up your system brightness, or turn up your monitor brightness.. just remember, there are night maps that you're not supposed to be able to see well in without using speical vision systems in your mech.

Thats fair enough and puts a little bit of clarification my way... however... My point still stands lol :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users