14 replies to this topic

#1 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

The recent specials were great - I bought all the basic colors and a few camo selections. Even bought the Hunchback Block pattern. Then with the Valentine's special I converted a ton of XP. I even bought the chinese lantern cockpit item.

So, I'm much lower on the MC than I was. I can no longer roll my time into six months of premium as anticipated.

The only thing you haven't done is give us anything to entice me to spend more money.

- Premium mechs are astronomical and I will not buy one.
- Colors are still too expensive. Anything over 500mc just will not sell me.
- Patterns are rather expensive too, unless on sale.
- Generic mechs are too easy to buy with CB, and MC prices are too high.
- Premium time would be worth it if I weren't already flush.

In short, the game is definitely getting better. I'm really getting my money's worth out of that sixty dollar purchase. Of course I made it last year.

YOU aren't getting the value of your work though, because I don't see the game being worth more payments.

#2 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

Neat.

#3 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'm still hoarding all my MC Gollum-style, despite their awesomely tempting sales

It's...precious to me...

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

Spent a lot of my MC, but in the same vein, there's nothing here yet to entice me to spend more money for more MC.

#5 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'd by more, but not with the threat of moronic 3rd person play hovering over our heads.

#6 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

The reduced rate on XP conversion was awesome. Spent some MC on that. Patterns/colors are fine as far as I'm concerned. It's purely cosmetic, so price it how you want. If people pay it... Great. Some people will wait for sales no matter what the price is (read as: me).

Hero mechs... For the most part, I think you have to love the chassis to make it worth it. I will prob buy the Stalker hero mech regardless of price.

#7 bloodnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Locationwarrington Cheshire UK

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostSean von Steinike, on 19 February 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

I'd by more, but not with the threat of moronic 3rd person play hovering over our heads.

any one who wants to play in 3rd person will not be in the same match as anyone who is in 1st person. they have already said they will separate us. so the 3rd person get no sight advantage on view.

I'm a cockpit style guy as well but there is nothing to worry about

Edited by bloodnor, 19 February 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#8 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Exactly. I purchased 3 of the camo colors on sale. I bought 2 of the 500 MC colors and 1 of the 1000 MC colors (Amaranth, nice bright pink). Also purcahsed the woodland camo for my Cataphracts and dazzle for my Stalkers. Bought a Hula Girl, a Gazelle.

Keep up the sales. People will spend that are willing with the sales.

#9 Iwaslost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Cool story bro. This certainly was a worthwhile post and not yet another waste of time.

#10 Anastasius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

I have not spent any of my MC and I do not think I will spend any of it until we get a persistant campaign. Until then we are playing a team deathmatch game.

I am still hoping for a MPBT:3025 style campaign or even working in some of the Megamek campaign functions that flesh out the BT universe.

#11 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'm in about the same boat as the OP, after the last patch, I spent most of my remaining Founders MC on paints and other things, even tho I thought some of the items were overpriced.

But, there hasn't been anything that makes me want to spend new money on MC. I hope there will be, someday.

#12 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

I bought 3 of the hero mechs (with my founders mechs that gives me a mech in each class with a 25-30% C-Bull bost - I use these 4 mechs as cash cows a negate the need for premium time)

I bought some colours

I bought the hulu girl on sale ;)

I am using the last bit to convert XP from the Elited hero mechs to GXP and unlock modules.

yeah, I think Im getting my monies worth. Will I spend more? Probably, but only 5-10$ here and there. Or perhaps a big hero mech purchase if I really really really really want it (Hero mech prices are too high)

Edited by HighlandCoo, 19 February 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#13 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

View Postbloodnor, on 19 February 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

any one who wants to play in 3rd person will not be in the same match as anyone who is in 1st person. they have already said they will separate us. so the 3rd person get no sight advantage on view.

I'm a cockpit style guy as well but there is nothing to worry about

Right, because PGI never changed their minds about anything before... Even that they considering 3rd person after all the assertions to the contrary is a slap in the face.

#14 SilentObserver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostIwaslost, on 19 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Cool story bro. This certainly was a worthwhile post and not yet another waste of time.

The irony of this post is palpable

#15 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Well, I'm finally down to about 9500MC...If they had the Muromet on sale, I could see myself buying it, otherwise, I'm waiting to see what they offer in the way of Hero Cicada and Atlas. Of course, eventually I'll use all 20 of my mechbays, then I'll have to start buying some more. But I don't think that'll happen until sometime around the Orion's release.

Otherwise, I bought colours while they were on sale, a few of the different Cockpit kitsch times, and I'll probably get the new Holo Davion symbol. (I do want to buy a couple of patterns, but holding off for now.)

I think I'll finally buy some MC in April, just so as I can get premium time while I'm leveling my Highlanders and still have some extra MC for the future.

Edited by Monsoon, 19 February 2013 - 09:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users