The Frr Seems Pretty Great

2 replies to this topic

#1 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hello, FRR! I've been lurking around the forums for a bit, deciding if I wanted to put my 'mech on the front lines with a purpose instead of just dropping lone wolf. So far I've been looking at the summaries of each house on their board and FRR looks like my kinda group.

A few questions first. I've been playing mechwarrior since '95 and have a few battletech books and manuals so I believe I have a somewhat decent gist of the mechwarrior universe. (MW Mercenaries was my favorite btw) However, I've only played Mechwarrior: Online for about a week and while I've gotten moderately positive feedback on my piloting ability thus far, I'd really like to have some people teach me how to be more tactical. Such as, knowing my role, helping me build more efficient 'mechs, movement and battle formations, things like that. If I joined FRR, would there be people willing to help me hone my skills?

Also, I wanted to know how tight the community was around here. I've seen other houses that only seem to share a banner and others that really close with each other. What's the FRR community like?

Thanks for taking the time to help a pilot in search of purpose!

#2 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

The FRR tends to be pretty close-knit simply by virtue of there not being very many of us. There is only one really large unit, the Skjaldborg of Rasalhague, and they are a merc group. I run a small but growing house unit, the 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimentë, and there are some other smaller groups forming as well. If you are interested in joining put in an application at 1strdr.enjin.com and I'll get back to you soon. We started as a group of gaming buddies and have slowly branched out, we have a lot of fun, we love to mold new players into ace pilots, and I like to think we're pretty darn good myself. If you would like to further explore your options however, check out the Allthing thread here, which has a directory of sorts for FRR units.

#3 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

While the Skjaldborg is listed as a Merc unit, it works almost exclusively for the FRR. Some say it is nothing more than a case of 'plausible deniability' on the part of the FRR government. The fact that over 90% of the Skjaldborg is drawn from the ranks of the FRR military lends some credence to this rumor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users