A Home in Marik

33 replies to this topic

#1 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

With the impending release of MW:O I've been spending a lot more time on the forums, and thus learning a lot more about the lore than I previously knew. I didn't really start 'Mech stuff until MW4, and I barely even was aware of Houses other than Steiner/Davion (Or the concept that Steiner might be anything but evil) until I discovered MechCommander 2 (And of course that only added Liao to the mix). But now I'm learning more lore and the like, and I'm trying to find a place to fit into. We're mostly looking into House Marik at the moment.

I'm also coming up with a slightly silly tactic that I want to see if it's even remotely viable in-game. A buddy and I like to play games as the "Flying Squirrel Regiment" and I translate that to MechWarrior as a high-speed, mid/high-firepower, low-armor light or medium 'Mech that sprints into combat, tears into the back of heavier units, and scarpers into the brush before the enemy can turn around. I know it was never viable in MW4, mostly because things like that don't really work with no real terrain and AI that completely fails to simulate an actual enemy. Those games had a clear progression of power from light to assault, where bigger is better. Only time will tell if this game can avert that trend.

Anyway, is there a good place in Marik for a group like that? I was reading through Sarna, and the closest that came up were the Silver Hawk Falcons. (Also, discussion of my proposed tactic is accepted.)

#2 Aldinvor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

The title of this thread sounds **** erotic

#3 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

So... that's why you came here then? Well great, now I'ma get all the pervs in here. Must...change...title...

#4 Manthony Higgs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 414 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon, Washington, USA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

Steiner's not evil! We just have more money than everyone else.

#5 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostManthony Higgs, on 28 May 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Steiner's not evil! We just have more money than everyone else.

I'm getting that now, but I was introduced during MW4, the FedCom civil war... and I think you have to admit you were in the wrong in THAT conflict. Now that I learn about all the other history, Steiner's no worse than the rest of us.

#6 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostWaladil, on 28 May 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

I'm getting that now, but I was introduced during MW4, the FedCom civil war... and I think you have to admit you were in the wrong in THAT conflict. Now that I learn about all the other history, Steiner's no worse than the rest of us.

Katrina Stiener was kinda cartoonishly evil but Stiener isn't all like that, and House Davion isn't always good.

If you feel like being more adventurous you could Join GSS, which will start out more or less loyal to House Marik :D

#7 Trevnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

The Flying Squial tactic you are talking about would probably be best carried out with the Cicada. It's a medium, that's faster than most lights, and has more armour to boot. And that tactic would probably work better with a full lance of Cicadas, but two would probably be fine.

#8 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDon't know yet. I'll tell when i find out.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

If you are looking for a Good Place to live there are four main area's in the FWL, coming from the Mechwarrior Role Playing Book, these are Marik Commonwealth, the Principality of Regulus, the Duchy of Oriente, and the Duchy of Andurein. These make up the main power houses in the FWL. If you are looking for an unaffiliated planet you might want to look around sarna. I think there is an old merc hub in the FWL as well.

Mainly speaking House Marik supplies much of the Tech and New mechs to the rest of the IS, But the mechs they tend to use are cheap, easy to maintain, in fact the prefer tanks over mechs most of the time. this is due to them have Most planet militia as their main military.

#9 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

Also sorry for the second post. But we must remember the Only evil people in this time are the Clans, Lets murder those *****!

#10 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

The Cicada does look very fun... I'm trying to fiddle with it in QuickMech, mostly just trying to duplicate the stock model before I start making variants. I think I did it right, but there's a seemingly-unused ton I'm confused on. Not sure if I forgot one of the many options. And I'm not sure what I am/am not allowed to use, for 3049 tech. And I don't know why I would even have some things (Actuators? Why bother? There's nothing IN those arms.)

I'm looking into regiments of the FWL over planets. I don't do that whole "My bit of the whole is better than your bit of the whole" thing.

#11 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Good Luck with that then, For a rule of Thumb the FWL has alot of that, the Few Regiments they have have loyalty to their kingdom or republic, not the FWL. that doesn't come about until the Knights of the Inner Sphere are founded.

#12 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Marik fields more fast mediums than anything else. I am hoping to run amok behind the lines in a 40 ton mech. hopefully a http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hermes_II will be available for me to use.

#13 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 28 May 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Marik fields more fast mediums than anything else. I am hoping to run amok behind the lines in a 40 ton mech. hopefully a http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hermes_II will be available for me to use.

Wanna watch my back? I'm really salivating over that Cicada, meself.

#14 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

< S > All

Funny how so many other House(s) members hangout on house Marik boards lol

,, guess we are the Best place in town B-)~ I have read alot of Battletech and played it for years online , and what

i have found is kool about playing BT online is , you get to make your own history within the online version of House Marik or whatever

Faction you join .

Its really kool to see the same core of people returning to any BT game that turns up ... < S > Nice to meet you

Firestorm FWLM
Retired Minister of War OMD
RedMoon Angels AOD Angels Of Death Division
OMD =Dragons Breath= *M*
Elite Recon Search And Destroy

#15 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

< S > Miss My hunchback , and blackjack .. Cant wait to lance again .

Firestorm FWLM
OMD =Dragons Breath= *M*

#16 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

The Cicada isn't a bad mech, Though my choice as a merc for FWL mechs will be the Trebuchet. like that mech when paired with my bro's Hunchback. if you are going for fast, light and heavy firepower, then go for the Comando or the Jenner, Both are really bloody fast, and carry the ammount of firepower you are looking for. personally the FWL makes much better medium mechs then lights.

Edited by Morr, 28 May 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#17 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

<S > in 4 on 4 med lance battles Trebuchet came in handy , not sure how 12 on 12 will break down ,will we have acouple salts ,hvys med lites

used to run 12 on 12 lance battles in MW4 mercs NBT online tourm

Scott Firestorm FWLM
OMD =Dragons Breath= *M*

< S > LAG has been the downfall of most Battletech games ... ;)

Scott Firestorm FWLM
OMD =Dragons Breath= *M*

#18 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

True Dat.But then i don't think they really gave much thought to fight against that, not hopefully that it's a Online only game they toke care of that.

#19 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

If you are talking about controlling full companies, then there are many combinations that would work and be better at some things, That being said I'm only a Pawn in a Much Larger game, and can only infulance one thing, Trying to control a company of people who all want to do their own thing is impossible.

#20 FirestormRMA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

< S > its all about the Servers .. but cant wait to get to drop . diablo 3 was a big let down

Firestorm FWLM
OMD =Dragons Breath= *M*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users