5 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

The point of this thread is for everyone that has played any online version of MechWarrior to post any variant of any Mech that they ever played that was ridiculously Over-Powered (OP). No restrictions other than you must have actually piloted the Mech.

In MW3 there used to be a group of players that would set up an infinite ammo/no heat server. This option allowed infinite ammo without actually having to carry any on the Mech and no need for heat sinks. Unrealistic yes, but it doesn't matter for the purposes of this thread. Due to the added space gained and no slot restrictions you could arm a Thor with 3 UAC-20s that had jj capability, decent speed, and some armor. Didn't need much armor. With 3 UAC-20s and unlimited fire most every thing died fast except when you ran into the guy that had one just like yours. :D

#2 DDM PLAGUE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 151 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Well I never played infinate ammo no heat server.
But for a training Meck I liked to have pilots run a 3 erlrge cougar. the goal to get at least 5000pnts no deaths. If they were good they could hit 10Kplus no deaths.
but one of my all time favorites is the Rabid shadow cat, Its an energy mech hunter, 2 cllbx 10, 2 flmers, I clsrm 2, whith correct fire control u could disasemble energy mechs & leave em limping around for the lights to finish. & a wolf pack of them were just plain devestating.

#3 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

The Dire Wolf Widowmaker is rather powerful, but it stil doesn't hold a candle to the Z variants we got in the WoR supplemental.

#4 Asfaloth

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

On a no-heat MW4 server, it's possible to set up a Black Knight with four ER PPCs and a decent engine to boot, even some backup weapons if you're willing to sacrifice armour. That thing packs a wallop, but as soon as heat is on one alpha-strike will shut you down.

#5 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 28 May 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

The Dire Wolf Widowmaker is rather powerful, but it stil doesn't hold a candle to the Z variants we got in the WoR supplemental.

The WoR Z variants and the other Society 'Mechs have to win this thread. The Osteon Prime in particular strikes me as one of the most staggeringly overpowered units ever.

Edited by Arctic Fox, 28 May 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#6 Exgearuser

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

I liked playing on standard MW3 servers with a Dashi, 5 ERPPCs about 70 in ammo, maxxed out the engine (went about 80 kph outright) and whatever anti missile tech I could scrounge...I loved being about to sneak up on standard madcats and just constantly alpha fired when I got close enough (just out of reach of medium range missiles...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users