16 replies to this topic

#1 Zuifer

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:58 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this game (playing for somewhat a week for now) and i'm looking for a new mech.
I started playing the HBK-4p with this build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49a6725ab123bf1

Also unlocked all its elite skills, so this mech is kinda awesome ^^
I like how it burns but has a good heat management in my opnion, as far as i know.

So now i'm looking for a new mech, i thought about the Nova-Prime but it seems rather that it gets burned quickly after firing 2x6 c-er-med lasers...

Thus i thought of getting a heavy/assault but i also don't want to be the slowest thing on the map also.

And i don't like missiles ^^

Any advice on what to get?
And when will there be new discounts on mechs? :D

Edited by Zuifer, 01 August 2015 - 02:02 AM.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

So, as a Dedicated nova pilot, lemme tell you a bit about the nova...

First off, yes, the Nova Prime configuration is a blast, but your right, it runs hot. This was my fourth mech, and my second chassis. It really taught me how to run the red-line, when to over heat and when to shutdown. Sadly, my Prime has been gathering dust because even fully mastered, you can barely get off three x6 volleys without overheating. Then your usually just firing with which ever arm your poking with, or hiding for a while to cool off so you can fire the whole burn cycle at someone again. But, for all those problems, you melt mechs. After a long run of CW I took my prime into normal queue again, and playing the poking game, hiding behind my allies, I racked up the damage.

However, that playstyle is not for me. I like being on the front line, playing aggressive, and the high heat alphas forced a more cautious gameplan to be most effective. So, enter the 12 Er smalls, add mgs, more heat sinks or 3 ams, to flavour. Still brutal, but alot more stamina, allows you to stay in a brawl alot longer, letting you lead a push an stay engaged. It's why I play the nova. Of course you could also jump snipe with ppcs, or grab a few large lasers for more sniping, even use that one ballistics arm to try out the uac5 or something, but... well, it feels like a waste of the potential for 12 energy hardpoints.

Now, that's just the Nova. Question is, do you plan on going into Community Warfare? Do you need another IS mech, or a stable of Clan mechs for a foray into the wonderful world of clan domination? Do you want to stick with mediums or branch out? I hear that the grasshopper and Thunderbolt are heavy mechs that can load up on lasers, with varying degrees of competence and preference, dependent on who you talk with.

Maybe you wanna try out an assualt? While you might not like the highlander (it has missiles on the left side of every varient,) you may like the stalker or the Banshee. Their both fairly decent at tanking, the stalker with good hitboxes always seems to roll the damage around and take serious punishment, while the banshee at 95 tonnes has glorious torso blocking beefy arms with no weapon hardpoints. OR maybe you'd like to try the awesome, and hope the planned resizing makes it less of a walking target? Personally, I only own the Banshee of those three, and while I enjoy the variety my new highlanders bring, it's hard to argue with the success my banshees see on the field. They are my go to assault when I feel like assaulting the enemy.

Also I noticed that while you don't like missiles, nothing has been said yet about ballistics. I'm a huge fan of the IS acs, the ac 5 and uac 5 in particular. In fact, my favourite Banshee build is all Ac 5s with lasers only as backup, despite my getting the mechs for the 3M variant with all the lasers. Once you start talking ballistics, whole new worlds open upto you. And this of course, is not even considering other clan mechs or IS mediums. You can, if you so desire set up a Ryoken or Man'o'war in the classic nova style, twelve energy hard-points, though the jumpjets will be lacking. The Ryoken (Stormcrow) is faster with great hitboxes, and the Man'o'war (The 'Goyle) is an 80 ton assault that moves as fast as a nova (with, sadly, a similar tonnage capacity thanks to that XL400 engine.)

Good luck in deciding.

~Leone, Nova Pilot

Edited by Leone, 01 August 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#3 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

If you've really enjoyed the HBK-4P I'd recommend the other hunchbacks. The 4G is by far my favorite.

If you're looking to kinda feel around different chassis', I'd also recommend the stormcrow as Leone mentioned. I haven't piloted it myself but I've heard from nearly everyone I've met that has one that it's one of their favorites, and you can kit it out with lots of lasers like your 4P. Other good non-missile mediums would be the Blackjack and Cicada (though the cicada is expensive to upgrade to a "competitive" level).

If you're looking for something lighter I'd recommend the firestarter. It's great little mech and you can really crank out the lasers with it.

#4 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

fast assaults - Banshee, Battlemaster

heavies - Jaggermech, Thunderbolt, Timberwolf, Hellbringer

mediums - all pretty good really, my favs Cicada (3M), Blackjack (1X), Stormcrow

#5 Zuifer

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostLeone, on 01 August 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

So, as a Dedicated nova pilot, lemme tell you a bit about the nova...

First off, yes, the Nova Prime configuration is a blast, but your right, it runs hot. This was my fourth mech, and my second chassis. It really taught me how to run the red-line, when to over heat and when to shutdown. Sadly, my Prime has been gathering dust because even fully mastered, you can barely get off three x6 volleys without overheating. Then your usually just firing with which ever arm your poking with, or hiding for a while to cool off so you can fire the whole burn cycle at someone again. But, for all those problems, you melt mechs. After a long run of CW I took my prime into normal queue again, and playing the poking game, hiding behind my allies, I racked up the damage.

However, that playstyle is not for me. I like being on the front line, playing aggressive, and the high heat alphas forced a more cautious gameplan to be most effective. So, enter the 12 Er smalls, add mgs, more heat sinks or 3 ams, to flavour. Still brutal, but alot more stamina, allows you to stay in a brawl alot longer, letting you lead a push an stay engaged. It's why I play the nova. Of course you could also jump snipe with ppcs, or grab a few large lasers for more sniping, even use that one ballistics arm to try out the uac5 or something, but... well, it feels like a waste of the potential for 12 energy hardpoints.

Thank you so much for the info on the nova-prime! It looks like a great mech but i want to do more then just a few shots and overheat. As i'm still new to the game i find it sometimes hard to take the decision whether to go to 98% heat or wait and get cover. My HBK-4P can take more heat than the nova-prime so it looks dangerous.
+ i like to brawl a bit instead of the poking game ^^

Now, that's just the Nova. Question is, do you plan on going into Community Warfare? Do you need another IS mech, or a stable of Clan mechs for a foray into the wonderful world of clan domination? Do you want to stick with mediums or branch out? I hear that the grasshopper and Thunderbolt are heavy mechs that can load up on lasers, with varying degrees of competence and preference, dependent on who you talk with.

Alot of questions in this block!
Getting into a unit or something, gettting on ts and do community warfare is a must because hitting the "play now" button is often frustrating and very depending on the team you get and i like things organised,

Furthermore i would love to branch out but i realy don't know where to start...

I was thinking about a clan mech, but i'm not sure as most of the tonnage is hardwired, for example the jump jets and engine etc. Im looking into it but i get kind of lost in the seperated modules etc you can pick.

Maybe you wanna try out an assualt? While you might not like the highlander (it has missiles on the left side of every varient,) you may like the stalker or the Banshee. Their both fairly decent at tanking, the stalker with good hitboxes always seems to roll the damage around and take serious punishment, while the banshee at 95 tonnes has glorious torso blocking beefy arms with no weapon hardpoints. OR maybe you'd like to try the awesome, and hope the planned resizing makes it less of a walking target? Personally, I only own the Banshee of those three, and while I enjoy the variety my new highlanders bring, it's hard to argue with the success my banshees see on the field. They are my go to assault when I feel like assaulting the enemy.

Considering the banshee, isn't it so that players will fire for the hunch first to take out your guns? (so you get killed as they fire for the torso anyhow)
The 95 tonnage seems huge! How is the cooling if you pack it with lasers/ppc's?

Are they going to change the Awesome? maybe it's better to wait it out until then ;)

Also I noticed that while you don't like missiles, nothing has been said yet about ballistics. I'm a huge fan of the IS acs, the ac 5 and uac 5 in particular. In fact, my favourite Banshee build is all Ac 5s with lasers only as backup, despite my getting the mechs for the 3M variant with all the lasers. Once you start talking ballistics, whole new worlds open upto you. And this of course, is not even considering other clan mechs or IS mediums. You can, if you so desire set up a Ryoken or Man'o'war in the classic nova style, twelve energy hard-points, though the jumpjets will be lacking. The Ryoken (Stormcrow) is faster with great hitboxes, and the Man'o'war (The 'Goyle) is an 80 ton assault that moves as fast as a nova (with, sadly, a similar tonnage capacity thanks to that XL400 engine.)

Well i didn't mentioned it because i lack the experience in ballistics. But i realy don't want missles but a combination of lasers and ballistics seems like a good possibility,

Further i don't have MC so buying hero mechs is not an option for the moment,

Thank you for this really good reply Leone!!!

View PostEmperorMyrf, on 01 August 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

If you've really enjoyed the HBK-4P I'd recommend the other hunchbacks. The 4G is by far my favorite.

If you're looking to kinda feel around different chassis', I'd also recommend the stormcrow as Leone mentioned. I haven't piloted it myself but I've heard from nearly everyone I've met that has one that it's one of their favorites, and you can kit it out with lots of lasers like your 4P. Other good non-missile mediums would be the Blackjack and Cicada (though the cicada is expensive to upgrade to a "competitive" level).

If you're looking for something lighter I'd recommend the firestarter. It's great little mech and you can really crank out the lasers with it.

Thank you for the reply but i'm looking for another chassis. I played 3 HBK's already (4p, SP and 4J) and unlocked elite on all of them. (that is why i came to the conclusion that i don't like missiles)

Going lighter can be an option but i don't know if i will like it, they have less tonnage and armor then a medium. So less firepower and survivability. Although those artic cheeta's look pretty tanky! (assuming they are light mech's).

Sorry that i'm so hard in making choices but i don't want to waste my c-bills as it is hard to get them. (i'm getting an average of 120k/win)

View PostJagdFlanker, on 01 August 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

fast assaults - Banshee, Battlemaster

heavies - Jaggermech, Thunderbolt, Timberwolf, Hellbringer

mediums - all pretty good really, my favs Cicada (3M), Blackjack (1X), Stormcrow

About the jagermech, they seems rather to get killed easily? Every possible shot can hit the torso?
HBR- Prime seems like a really good mech?

Thanks for your overview!

Seems like this game has a great community!

#6 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostZuifer, on 02 August 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

About the jagermech, they seems rather to get killed easily? Every possible shot can hit the torso?
HBR- Prime seems like a really good mech?

Thanks for your overview!

Seems like this game has a great community!

true for the Jag, but with it's high arm mounts you don't need to expose yourself much if you use cover to your advantage - it's a great mech to learn to use cover with (ramps are your best friend lol). it's more of a fun mech as opposed to a 'business' mech. the Firebrand is the best of all the Jags since it has energy mounts and ballistic mounts in the arms so you can create builds to suit your taste more
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8e3294750871e49

HBR is very solid because of it's high mounts and ECM. i like ECM because the enemy can't target you unless they are close in so they can't see which parts of your mech are damaged to aim at and you survive longer
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5107ee30e7a687c

this is why i also love the Cicada 3M - hard to kill it when you can't see where to shoot it so it's a survivor. very underrated mech
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d8b61662be03571

#7 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

2xGauss Jager is silly stupid fun, but normally needs an expensive XL engine and it takes some practice to use the guass chargeup mechanic. But the Jagers in general are very competitive.

If you're looking at CW on the IS side, the Thunderbolts are hard to beat. The Wubb-Wubb-Wubb bolt is the standard bearer for CW play. All lasers but it's got the tonnage to run them and the optimal build uses a cheap standard engine.

The Cataphracts aren't in vogue today, but the CTF-3D with 4xMLAS (or mpls), AC-20, 4xJJ, and a 300 or 325 Standard engine is the definition of sustained firepower, mobility, and vicious pursuit. It's short range, but it feels like a lean hunter. Alternatively you can use the shoulder energy for 2xPPC or 2xLPL for an excellent hill-humper. Backup weapons to taste.

Edited by Cabusha, 02 August 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

well if you like energy, then thunder bolts are a good one to try.. 5SS, and SE are very good mechs..

If you want something faster, the deaths Kneel for commando's Though the others are all missile based.. but with premium you can get through um quick to unlock the death's elites.

Firestarters are also worth trying..

Cicada 2B is a medium pulse king as well.

Jester and K2 are two other mechs that are pretty darn good energy boats.

#9 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:26 PM

I'd have to say the Grasshopper or Thunderbolt would be right down your alley! They can be a bit limiting in terms of what builds are suitable for the current meta, but they are amazing 'mechs and very customizable- particularly if you like going against the grain at times!

Also, while some may disagree... I would have to say that the Gargoyle may be worth trying as well. I love this 'mech, and I can definitely call myself a Gargoyle pilot. It gets a lot of bad press because of it is (admittedly) lacking a bit in the competitive scene, but it is more than sufficient for pug drops, so I would check out that as well. Just be warned, you are limited in what you can equip the chassis with, but you should still give it a try. Even if not at the moment.

:)

#10 Zuifer

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:30 AM

View PostTranquil Winds, on 02 August 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Also, while some may disagree... I would have to say that the Gargoyle may be worth trying as well. I love this 'mech, and I can definitely call myself a Gargoyle pilot. It gets a lot of bad press because of it is (admittedly) lacking a bit in the competitive scene, but it is more than sufficient for pug drops, so I would check out that as well. Just be warned, you are limited in what you can equip the chassis with, but you should still give it a try. Even if not at the moment.

:)

Thanks i'm trying to get to understand how clan mechs work, for the gargoyle i came up with this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e0e976aa4b90c88

Seems like good damage to me. Though i'm wondering if i won't lose the quirks or other bonusses by swapping out omnipods?

#11 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostZuifer, on 03 August 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

Thanks i'm trying to get to understand how clan mechs work, for the gargoyle i came up with this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e0e976aa4b90c88

Seems like good damage to me. Though i'm wondering if i won't lose the quirks or other bonusses by swapping out omnipods?

not really - the only thing you usually lose by swapping omnipods is a 2.5% XP bonus which is stupid (25 XP per 1000? not worth considering)

your gargoyle is a good design but you'l find out in very short order it's SUPER HOT - replace all the right arm ERMLs with ERSL and add the extra weight in DHS. with the arms so low slung they are only going to be really effective close in anyways

if you'r considering the gargoyle then shame the executioner isn't available for CB yet - because of MASC (84kph bursts) + JJ that thing is a BEAST compared to the gargoyle
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8aa68208ffb1126

Edited by JagdFlanker, 03 August 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#12 Zuifer

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:56 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 03 August 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

if you'r considering the gargoyle then shame the executioner isn't available for CB yet - because of MASC (84kph bursts) + JJ that thing is a BEAST compared to the gargoyle
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8aa68208ffb1126

any idea when the executioner will be available? I still have to gather some c-bills, barely reaching 18mil...

#13 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostZuifer, on 03 August 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

any idea when the executioner will be available? I still have to gather some c-bills, barely reaching 18mil...

well as it so happens it'l be available tomorrow for MC but another month for CB

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for purchase in-game with MC or C-Bills?

Executioner: August 4th for MC and September 1st for C-Bills

it's my fav mech right now - it takes a few games to get the hang of using MASC, but the firepower with that maneuverability (as i linked my build above) is unreal

Edited by JagdFlanker, 03 August 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#14 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:49 PM

I was thinking about a clan mech, but i'm not sure as most of the tonnage is hardwired, for example the jump jets and engine etc. Im looking into it but i get kind of lost in the seperated modules etc you can pick.
With most clan mechs, you pretty much get the tonnage capacity and switch out hardpoints you can use em with. The madcat is a bit different in that the TBR-S varient comes with five jumpjets, so you can swap jumpjet hard points around to use up/free tonnage. For instance, the 'Goyle you posted could use the same arms on a D-Varient (the D gets two CT hardpoints for energy) and make a Giant Nova. Of course, that requires purchasing a whole new mech, where as it'd be cheap to just purchase a ballistics arm to try out some clan uacs. My thoughts on clan mech purchases? Pick your CT. That's what your stuck with. Everything else just costs money to change. (Early on though, your first purchase should consider the limbs too. Once you've purchase one variant, you can pull the omniparts off, save it, and add em to the second mech.)

Considering the banshee, isn't it so that players will fire for the hunch first to take out your guns? (so you get killed as they fire for the torso anyhow) The 95 tonnage seems huge! How is the cooling if you pack it with lasers/ppc's?
Well, everyone tends to shoot torso anyways, so yeah, they'll probably be shooting your guns, but hey, twisted well, you can protect your torso with your arms. And yeah, they're a huge beast of a mech. Cooling.. well, cooling is hard to get really high. It's the problem with double heat sinks, you can only take so many, and they take so much space.

My Laser build has five large pulse and three medium. It can unleash a full three and then two twice, with one well timed medium laser shot in between before I hit the redline. Then it relies on the mediums to harass and convince people to leave while I try to cool off, or I turn off override and constantly powerup, shoot, and shutdown, dependent on whether or not I'm getting focused.

The less we say about my PPC build, prolly the better. I bring a full six ppcs (normal, not ER, for heat reasons.) I can fire the whole salvo chain fire, and then fire two more before I hafta hide, and then the long cool off, usually firing a dual ppc pair to keep the wolves at bay if I don't get a breather. Two to three ppcs a mech is probably optimal for firing rate/cooling time, may four at most for two dual ppc shots, hopefully with some Ac or gaussed based backup for when the heat builds. Problem is, I bring nothing for up close work in my build, and every once and a while someone keeps me in view long enough to notice my load out, and then I get bum rushed. It's truely a pugging mech, but I find it hilarious to drop in from time to time.

(Moral of the story? Keep your target locks if you can an pay attention to enemy load outs, sometimes, knowing what your up against can turn the tide of battle.)

Are they going to change the Awesome? maybe it's better to wait it out until then ;)
Five mechs are getting a planned rescaling, the awesome should be foremost among them.

Well i didn't mentioned it because i lack the experience in ballistics. But i really don't want missiles but a combination of lasers and ballistics seems like a good possibility
I heartily suggest it. A shame you didn't grab the 4G hunchback, it's the ballistics one, and a classic. I am a huge fan of IS acs, and even the clan acs have grown on me, not to mention what you can do with a decent gauss build. But, not knowing your preference, I'd hafta say try out some trial ballistics builds before deciding on going heavy ballistics.

As for missiles, if you find yourself with a spare missile hardpoint sometime, maybe got some free tonnage for it, consider taking an srm launcher as a melee weapon. It's how I eased into missile use.

Going lighter can be an option but i don't know if i will like it, they have less tonnage and armor then a medium. So less firepower and survivability. Although those artic cheeta's look pretty tanky! (assuming they are light mech's).
Speed is life. Even an assault shouldn't stand completely still for two long, lest you get dual gaussed in the cockpit. The lights are the epitome of this rule. Arctic Cheetahs can potentially tank more damage than an assault by 'speed tanking' or, in layman's terms, by running through the enemy lines too fast for them to track well. With the prevalence of lasers this is most noticeable with the majority of the beam damage burning uselessly past the mech as you sweep your lazers over it, but a well placed PPC, gauss or heavy AC round can spell ruin for one's day.

It is why lights are considered the hardest class to play. They are very unforgiving. Take a stray gauss round and there goes most your armour in that spot. Take two and you've pretty much lost that component. Piloting a light well really does need great situational awareness and a dearth of other skills that'll only make you better anyways. Some people just don't like having to learn them all at once.

That said, a light is worth it's weight and then some. Maybe try out the other weight classes before diving in? Depends on how you fell about the School of Hard Knocks. I admit, I learned alot from my lights, and I am still trying to learn to locust well.

Yes, Jagermechs can die easily. I've heard them referred to as paper tigers, but they're still tigers. I play CW alot, and in there I often face IS. The jagermechs is one of my priority targets, not because of their tankiness (In fact, I'll often ignore stalkers for other targets due to their zombie grade survivability,) but because of their raw potential. In a Jager, your damage output is your armour. Most mechs don't want to stare down multiple uac 5s or dual gauss or double Ac20s. Sure, I might be able to face tank 'em and win, but win or lose take a Jager head on and my mechs getting torn up. Now, I'm not most people, so I often hunt the Jager, but I've seen pilots choose to hunt elsewhere when they face off against one.

HBR- Prime seems like a really good mech? Thanks for your overview! Seems like this game has a great community!
The Loki is a decent mech, but due to the awesome left torso, tends to get focused on the left (That's the three energy hardpoint an ECM spot.) It can carry two missiles or two ballistics in addition to a decent energy load out. It's no Madcat weapons platform, but then, ECM. And thanks, we do try.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 03 August 2015 - 10:02 PM.

#15 Zuifer

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

hey,

I decided a week ago and i bought the timber wolf... To my regrets this mech just sucked, CT blew up instantly and the quircks made it worse for lasering... So there it went 15million c-bills and a mech i absolutely hate (probably because of my own lack of skill)

So i sold it and bought the TDR-5SS and absolutely love this MPL ****, high and fast aflfa striking and a good range! Enemy component blow off etc, I feel like i'm actually hurting someone (500-700dmg if i position right)

Now bought the 9SE but will be hard, as i'm not used to missles,

Anyway, I felt that I needed to let you all know what i eventually bought!

Thanks again for the advice!

#16 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

i elite'd one of my timbers last december and havn't touched it since (34 games played total). could never understand why other people liked it, never been a fan

you'l enjoy the TDR though!

#17 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

I'd say get two more Hunchbacks and get their skills up through Elite. You can't judge a mech until they're elited out.

But I'd say go for a Shadowhawk? Similar feel to hunchie with the high shoulder-mounted hardpoint, but with added mobility. Fun mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users