4 replies to this topic

#1 assiprinz

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 54 posts
  • LocationX: 15.24 Y: 388.91, New Oslo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

This is something I discovered, after heavily (around two or three games out of 10) suffering from mid-match freezes (The kind of freezes resulting from missile hits etc., where you have to force close the game via task manager).

After many tries with frame limiting and various other stuff (deactivating multi GPU, changing GPU settings away from 'let game decide' and back to it), I read some crash logs from users on this forum. Some contained warnings about other programs using the GPU, which led to some kind of conflict.

Therefore, I decided to deactivate windows' aero desktop (it uses the GPU and its 3D capabilities), and did not experience a single freeze since then. What I get, however, is a screen flickering just between matchmaking load loop and the real loading screen with the three bars, but I can live with that.

If you experience freezes, try deactivating aero. It helped for me. Also deactivate Multi GPU in NVidia control panel (or ATI's equivalent).

Intel i7 3770K @ 4,6 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVidia GTX 690, 4 GB
Win 7 Ultimate x64
OCZ Vertex 2 160GB (System disk, 100GB free), Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB (Game disk)

Edited by assiprinz, 28 February 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#2 VeeDubn

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Same exact thing kept happening to me.I disable aero, not a single freeze since. Just the flashing before loading but waaaay better than freezing every other game.

#3 C12AZyED

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

ive been having the SRM/LRM missile collision crash ever since Feb 5th Patch. I have tried solutions like reducing framerate to 45 fps and it works, but obviously that sucks when i can run the game at 100 fps which is a LOT nicer to play. I had also deleting SHADER cache, and it has proven to be a very inconsistent workaround.

I have been scouring the forums for months trying to find a satisfactory solution to this most annoying of bugs. assiprinz, i don't know how you came to the conclusion that it must be Windows Aero causing it, but if it works I will be massively grateful to you for making the game playable for me once again! :D

#4 Capo

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've disabled MS aero and have not had a crash in over 10 games. Was getting a crash 3 out of 5 games previously.

PGI please take note and fix your game!

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,683 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostCapo, on 13 April 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Thanks for the tip. I've disabled MS aero and have not had a crash in over 10 games. Was getting a crash 3 out of 5 games previously.

PGI please take note and fix your game!

If you mean the relationship between Aero and MWO? This is not the only game that has had issues with MS's Vista/W7 aero.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users