Anyone looking to put together a lance or two in House Marik or an affiliated merc company?

40 replies to this topic

#1 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

Howdy guys, I've been a huge mechwarrior fan since mechwarrior 3, played mechwarrior 4 mercs and all the mekpaks for quite some time now. I have never tried the tabletop game, but I know my way around the lore from reading up on it on sarna. Anyone looking to put together a semi-organized group to fight for the FWL? I'm talking just having a bunch of folks in a teamspeak server dropping into battle together, having fun, hopefully performing well in matches. Nothing like one of the large merc companies that are being formed or re-formed for this game. I've got a few buddies that are looking forward to the game heavily, and we could put out a lance and a half or so at full capacity, which is likely to be VERY rare. I'd just like folks to run around with to bolster numbers in a very free and relaxed atmosphere; no ******** from the rest of us if you do poorly or **** hits the fan. That's not to say I wouldn't like to use great teamwork and unique tactics/lance makeups in game.

Anyway, I haven't really decided on merc or faction unit yet, and I am not entirely sure on the rules regarding the use of canon names and whatnot. Maybe a non-canon unit with a name that sounds like it could be canon. Maybe something else, who knows. If anyone is interested at all, just hit me on my steam account at sand_man_pb or Tactical ***** or private message me here if that's easier. If steam gives you ****, just hit me up with a PM and I can add you; a lot of folks have trouble adding me.

Edit: Just realized that it censors one of my steam names. Well dang. Hope sand_man_pb works, yo.

Thanks to Randalf Yorgen to reminding me: Myself and the 2-4 folks that I'm bringing with me are mostly in the Eastern Standard Timezone, with a tendency to play more actively during the late evening.

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 30 May 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#2 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Already have one coming together...
http://w11.zetaboard...sveritas/index/
All FWL, non canon unit, we're called the Silent Foxes.

Hope you join, we're one man short of a lance at the moment. lol

#3 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'll keep an open mind, but I'd rather it be even more laid-back than that. I've got a teamspeak server to work with, and I was figuring that we would simply know one another well enough eventually to learn each lance member's general weight range and role; as well as lance assignments, if we would do such a thing.

#4 Randalf Yorgen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hey guys, Time Zones you are looking at would help as well. North America (I spelled it right Mitt, see that?) does cover 5.5 zones after all. 6pm on the pacific coast is 10pm on the east and 11pm where I live. It would help. Thanks in advance.

#5 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

This is a good point, Randalf. Most of the folks coming with me are on Eastern Standard Time. We tend to occupy the late evenings with vidya games (Probably almost exclusively MWO for most of us whenever we gain the ability to play) I'll edit the original post to reflect that.

#6 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

AFAIK, there are lots of units that are in the works but since we have no real idea how unit names are going to work (if at all) then we're just kind of waiting it out til open beta. Once that hits and we have a better understanding I'm sure units will be coming out of the woodworks lol.

#7 Moose13

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostShoveI, on 30 May 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Once that hits and we have a better understanding I'm sure units will be coming out of the woodworks lol.

Where did all this saw dust come from?

#8 Waladil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Me and a few friends are likely going to roughly form a lance, playing together whenever possible. Light/medium, doing hit-and-run attacks.
Or as I prefer to call them, "hit and OH MY GOD HE'S LOOKING THIS WAY RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN!!!"

We're willing to co-ordinate with larger forces, but we're not actively looking to.

#9 Moose13

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostWaladil, on 07 June 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Flying Squirrel Lance: CHKT-CHKT-chchchchch!

As long as there are no Bullwinkle jokes.

#10 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostWaladil, on 07 June 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Me and a few friends are likely going to roughly form a lance, playing together whenever possible. Light/medium, doing hit-and-run attacks.
Or as I prefer to call them, "hit and OH MY GOD HE'S LOOKING THIS WAY RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN!!!"

We're willing to co-ordinate with larger forces, but we're not actively looking to.

Yeah, I've got a rough lance together with me and some friends as well, probably going to be in the medium-heavy range. I'll hit you up when July comes around and we'll see if we are able and willing to drop together sometime.

#11 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

if you head over to http://housemarik.enjin.com/home, we're trying to set up an organized system for the Free World's league. You can sign up there and either register a lance or post your preferred combat role/Mechs in 'Lance & Combat Organization' in the forums and we'll set you up.

Also, if you want to be an administrator, we need a few more.

#12 Bullvye

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

East Coast US, interested in FWL unit. Dont know about which mech type I will play.

#13 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Sick, just add me on steam and when august rolls around we can see what's going on!

#14 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Gun Special Squadrons is a non-cannon Marik aligned Mercenary Company, also recruiting and trying to build a community.

I'm in Eastern Standard Timezone.

#15 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

id be willing to volunteer for that... im a missile ***** so i enjoy fwl designs

#16 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'll be looking to hook up with either House Marik Army or a Marik affiliated merc group.

My primary role will be as a scout, but I'll dabble in the other roles from time to time to build up my pilot.

No offense to one and all, but I'm not into all those other accounts like Steam, Facebook, whatever. You can either PM me on this site or on the Enjin site. I check this site daily, and the Enjin site once ever 2 to 3 days on average.

I'm in my mid-30s and a pretty relaxed kinda guy. I'm looking for lancemates more or less the same looking to melt some mechs and advance as a group up the proverbial ladder, as it were. Also of note, I am in the Eastern Time Zone and I will be playing most days between 9pm and 2am weekdays (I work shift work so that varies), most saturdays (all day), and possibly sunday evenings after 7pm (maybe).

Edited by Caine2112, 24 June 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#17 Lucky 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

Are there any eu based lances forming?

#18 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 24 June 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'll be looking to hook up with either House Marik Army or a Marik affiliated merc group.

My primary role will be as a scout, but I'll dabble in the other roles from time to time to build up my pilot.

No offense to one and all, but I'm not into all those other accounts like Steam, Facebook, whatever. You can either PM me on this site or on the Enjin site. I check this site daily, and the Enjin site once ever 2 to 3 days on average.

I'm in my mid-30s and a pretty relaxed kinda guy. I'm looking for lancemates more or less the same looking to melt some mechs and advance as a group up the proverbial ladder, as it were. Also of note, I am in the Eastern Time Zone and I will be playing most days between 9pm and 2am weekdays (I work shift work so that varies), most saturdays (all day), and possibly sunday evenings after 7pm (maybe).

I feel you on your comment regarding Steam and things like that. After all, we're playing these vidya games to have fun and blow things up, not micromanage a million different tedious aspects of the internet. Most of the folks I'll be playing with are around the age of 20, a little younger than yourself, but none of us are highschool kids or anything like that, and almost all of us are east coast or central time. Once Aug 7th rolls around, I'll make an effort to PM you about playing together. All of the guys I'm hoping to get together with are quite calm, if any anger arises, it will not be directed towards one another, but towards the enemy or the game itself. Ain't no internet drama going on around us.

View PostLightdragon, on 24 June 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

id be willing to volunteer for that... im a missile ***** so i enjoy fwl designs

I'll also PM you come August.

View PostGun Bear, on 24 June 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Gun Special Squadrons is a non-cannon Marik aligned Mercenary Company, also recruiting and trying to build a community.

I'm in Eastern Standard Timezone.

I've certainly taken a look at GSS, and I haven't counted it out! The main problem is that I have 3-4 folks that will already be playing with me heavily in a somewhat organized fashion. We've known eachother for many years over the internet, and we even took the effort to drive to a central location and hang out for an entire week. **** was cash. Anyway, I don't have any authority over these people; we're all friends. Equals. I can't just be like "ALRIGHT GUYS WE'RE GONNA HOOK UP WITH GSS, DEAL WITH IT NERDS". Furthermore, I'm the only one that checks these forums and posts and is even slightly active in the community among them. They've got more committment in real-life than I do currently, and they aren't "forum people" anyway. You see the issue, man? Your little shin-dig sounds great, but I can't make a decision for all of my homies. However, if I were to create a unit, or at least gather a few like-minded folks to play with us, there's no commitment that I would be making for them.

Edited by Sandersson Jankins, 28 June 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#19 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostLightdragon, on 24 June 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

I love missile spam.

View PostSandersson Jankins, on 28 June 2012 - 01:57 AM, said:

I've certainly taken a look at GSS, and I haven't counted it out! The main problem is that I have 3-4 folks that will already be playing with me heavily in a somewhat organized fashion. We've known eachother for many years over the internet, and we even took the effort to drive to a central location and hang out for an entire week. **** was cash. Anyway, I don't have any authority over these people; we're all friends. Equals. I can't just be like "ALRIGHT GUYS WE'RE GONNA HOOK UP WITH GSS, DEAL WITH IT NERDS". Furthermore, I'm the only one that checks these forums and posts and is even slightly active in the community among them. They've got more committment in real-life than I do currently, and they aren't "forum people" anyway. You see the issue, man? Your little shin-dig sounds great, but I can't make a decision for all of my homies. However, if I were to create a unit, or at least gather a few like-minded folks to play with us, there's no commitment that I would be making for them.

I know how that goes man so don't worry. I have several other interested people in the same position, I sadly didn't have a team coming in here; most of the old GSS members have faded into obscurity or changed their info so I can't get ahold of them anymore - being a 'clan' that had 36 people in it I'd have hoped at least one other person would have found their way here but that is life eh? There are some things about GSS that sets it apart in my mind and makes it something I feel I have to have in Battletech or Mechwarrior period... a whole culture of its own.

View PostCaine2112, on 24 June 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I know the feeling about Steam and stuff, I'm 28 myself and I hate all that extra crap you need to play a game these days - Steam was supposed to revolutionize the way we play games and it did... it made it worse and added unneeded hassle to something that is supposed to be simple and fun; all they have done with all these new features for their security is punish us honest gamers :D. My time for gaming is usually around yours right now, sometimes weekends are excluded there are better things to do on (rare?) occasions ;)

Edited by Gun Bear, 01 July 2012 - 04:42 AM.

#20 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

I would definitely be interested in finding people to drop with. I am in Atlantic Canada time (GMT-4hours, or an hour ahead of NYC). But I usually am available early mornings (3am-7am) and all day on Mondays!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users